It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black verticle band (line) on some thread titles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the black verticle band (line) is that appears on certain threads. In a thread list I see them sometimes to the far left of a thread title. But only very rarely as if the individual thread are marked for some reason.

Many thanks for an answer.

Cheers
edit on 30/5/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hi...I wish I had the answer for you....but I don't know...you certainly have me curious though. I have not really noticed this...until you mentioned it....I hope someone tells us!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Taking a screen shot and posting it would help

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
From a real know-it-all ...

These are there to indicate a thread with multiple pages (large threads) lots of flags and replies.

Can I have my treat now?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What I want to know is how that annoying comma gets inserted at the end of every thread title. Actually it is probably nothing more than sloppy coding, but why hasn't it been fixed?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
These are there to indicate a thread with multiple pages (large threads) lots of flags and replies.

Can I have my treat now?
That's the answer! However I don't know what the formula is, how many flags, replies or whatever it takes to trigger it, that would be interesting to know. But it's definitely a sign that it's a more popular thread, by whatever measure is used.

Regarding your treat, I'd give you a star, except I can't in this forum!

So this will have to do:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
However I don't know what the formula is, how many flags, replies or whatever it takes to trigger it,

201 replies certainly does it. I know that, because I've seen two of my own threads pass the magic mark.
I can't speak with such certainty about flags, but it may be 50.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
From a real know-it-all ...

Can I have my treat now?

ah ha! If I had known that is the line being asked about I could have answered this

thank you

top topics

join