It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera footage captures 'western troops on the ground' in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Al-Jazeera footage captures 'western troops on the ground' in Libya

www.guardian.co.uk

Armed western men have been filmed on the ground with rebels in central Libya in the first apparent confirmation that Nato has sent military advisers to train anti-government forces.

A group of six westerners were clearly visible, according to a report by al-Jazeera from Dafniya, described as the westernmost point of the rebel lines west of the town of Misrata. Five of them were armed and wearing sand-coloured clothes, peaked caps, and cotton Arab scarves.

The sixth, apparently the most senior of the group, was carrying no visible weapon and wore a pink, short-sleeve shirt. He may be an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You can watch the video on time index 2:05. Which shows western troops.

This is the proof that all the Arab revolutions going on are being instigated by the U.S. and the western allies. Gaddaffi is fighting back and losing. After Libya falls to western hands, it will be Syria, then Jordan etc. The CIA are funding and training the groups.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Couldn't agree more, there is no way Libya is any worse than Saudi Arabia, and the Saudis have UK training them to quell protests. Sickening.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There was never any doubt about what was going to happen.

Let's just say that the lies of the "No Boots on the Ground" was to make way for a soft landing/invasion instead of the all-out 'Shock & Awe' approach.

Whichever way you want to paint it, it was another invasion for oil and not the softer Humanitarian Agenda that was sold to the World.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You people realize this is what special operations capable forces are funded for, right? If you expected allied special operations forces NOT to be on the ground if we are pursuing airstrikes I would say you are naive to the ways of war (not insinuating anyone directly). We (the West) have special operations capable units actively operating in just about EVERY part of the world. I'm for M1's trucking it down Libya's highways if it means Gadaffi gets a bullet in the head. Ethical from a political standpoint or not, the man is insane and has facilitated worse plots and attacks against the West.

Many of these operations, most of which you will/have never heard about have done more good for more civilians than you could imagine. The same actions have backfired and have helped facilitate horrible actions by thugs (See: South/Central America in the 70's and 80's).
edit on 30-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

I see the government's indoctrination programs are working well.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The guy at the very end of your video aiming the gun with the baseball hat looks a little bit like the guy from this documentary at 1.34 of this video.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Nah I call BS on this.
Barry Soetoro sayes : Days, not weeks... No boots on the ground.... This is not about regime change...

Now why would Barack... I mean Barry, lie?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What gets me is how countries in the region can sit back and watch this go on, probably knowing that the west could be knocking on their doors very soon...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Exactly, nor is this proof of Western instigation, not to say that it's not Western anticipation.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
meh, western troops on the ground was always going to happen, in the capacity of "advisors"

That's why those SAS guys were caught with "foreign office" personnel right at the beginning.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Didn't the brits say that the SAS and/or SBS were in Libya co-ordinating airstrikes from a week or 2 after it all began?

I guess the video is new - but it's certainly nto somethnig that's been covered up.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OMG ..and i was thinking that rebels are true people of Libya protesting and fighting against evil Gaddafi and not helped and financed by the good aliance NATO organisation which always help inocent people around the world.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You can watch the video on time index 2:05. Which shows western troops.

This is the proof that all the Arab revolutions going on are being instigated by the U.S. and the western allies. Gaddaffi is fighting back and losing. After Libya falls to western hands, it will be Syria, then Jordan etc. The CIA are funding and training the groups.

www.guardian.co.uk

So true, but i dont see these libyans in this footage as real libyans, i view them as hired paid western mercenaries brought in by the cargo ships, in east libya, you can bet, after this all war and libya falls into western hands again, these supposed rebels we saw in the video will flee and leave libya and go back to any western country they came from.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh yes, Al Jazeera, definitely NOT a news source with an agenda....lmao.

I get SO TIRED of hearing about how the United States in the great evil forcing itself on the West for it's oil.

Here are some FACTS for ya,

97% of Libya's Oil goes to Europe and China, since 90% of the Oil in that country is managed by Italian companies. Why!? well to starters, Libya was once an Italian colony, so Italians never let Libyan's nationalize their crude.

Feel free to look them up, not on wikipedia, but even from the websites of these "put upon" oil producers themselves.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Ethical from a political standpoint or not, the man is insane and has facilitated worse plots and attacks against the West.

Ah we have a spokesman for the rebels on ATS why i am not surprised?

the man is insane and has facilitated worse plots and attacks against the West

No he didn't, did he? if you didnt know any better its best for you to wake up and stop watching the lying mainstream news outlets.

Gaddafi didn't plan anything, you have no proof, just talking memo points from the mainstream.

As for the airline bombing of the British jet, there is no evidence pointing Gaddafi at it, i have read several comments by people who claim that Gaddafi admitted to the bombing himself? thats not true, if it was it would all over the news by now.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Gaddafi didn't plan anything, you have no proof, just talking memo points from the mainstream.

As for the airline bombing of the British jet, there is no evidence pointing Gaddafi at it, i have read several comments by people who claim that Gaddafi admitted to the bombing himself? thats not true, if it was it would all over the news by now.

And what is YOUR proof?? Eh?

Saif , Gadaffi's son has openly spoken about it MANY MANY times. Also, they referred to al Megrahi (the bomber) as innocent, and a "dying man" back when he was released in 2007 ...and guess what, the &%^@#^ is still alive. Yeah, believe what YOU want. I guess you have no idea what collusion is.

Furthermore when al Megrahi was released, he was met at the airport by Gaffafi's SON, had flower petals thrown at his feet, and was swept off to a reception with big daddy Gaddafi himself. It was TELEVISED on arab TV.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: added a last paragraph

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There is an existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
~~~~

top topics

join