It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[ANZUS Agenda] The Opine Gap Secrecy Problem!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Explanation: What we got here is a failure to communicate!

Defence strategy 'out of touch' with region. [abc.net.au]

Defence strategy 'out of touch' with region
Posted 2 hours 49 minutes ago

A new report has concluded Australia's defence strategy is out of touch with regional security risks and recommended high-end military projects be reconsidered.

US Army Colonel John Angevine's report for the Lowy Institute concludes that Australia must stop thinking it can "go it alone" in defending itself.

Colonel Angevine argues Australia's current approach could be weakening the ANZUS alliance and it should instead return to a more multilateral approach in the Asia Pacific region.

He says Australia is preparing for large scale conflicts that are least likely to happen.

He recommends Australia reconsider plans for the controversial $8 billion air warfare destroyers and scale back the number of new submarines.

The report also suggests Australia should lease US submarines and base American F-22 raptors here, while adding 4,000 soldiers to the Army.

ANZUS treaty [wiki]

Unlike NATO, ANZUS has no integrated defense structure or dedicated forces. Nevertheless, Australia and the United States conduct a variety of joint activities. These include military exercises ranging from naval and landing exercises at the task-group level to battalion-level special forces training, assigning officers to each other's armed services, and standardising equipment and operational doctrine. The two countries also operate several joint defense facilities in Australia, mainly ground stations for early warning satellites, and signals intelligence gathering in South-East Asia and East Asia as part of the ECHELON network.

Personal Disclosure: I have extra information I wish to bring to this thread such as the JSF F35 vs the F22 and the F22a AND Chinese, Australian and United States politics and finance and where we are all headed/heading in the next 5 to 10yrs. Unfortunately I am very much occupied for the next few days and possible weeks helping my girlfriend move into her 'new' home that she owns [
] and so that information will come in dribs and drabs as and if and when I can provide it and I apologize for any inconvienience that may cause my fellow members.

P.S. So who do my fellow members [especially Australian & USA members] think is benefited the most by the ANZUS treaty and why? Should it continue as is or does it need to be rewritten or even laid to rest?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Like all of our supposed ALLIES the US treats australia shabbily.

The US governments strategy with our supposed allies is to allow them to be overrun (thereby destroying the ultra expensive equipment we sold them that doesn't make a comprehensive defensive strategy possible) at which point we will "generously" sell you more on credit and host your government in exile while the gears of war grind to full speed.

If I was Aus I'd spend some of those billions doing something truly useful for your defense like ohhhh SAY building an AMMUNITION FACTORY somewhere on the continent. That would be a good start not more billion dollar wunderwaffe

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Needless bump for a non relevant thread. Nobody cares. Quit bumping your threads. They died for a reason.

That's my personal disclosure.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Needless bump for a non relevant thread. Nobody cares. Quit bumping your threads. They died for a reason.

That's my personal disclosure.

Lol of cause no american cares if it doesnt effect them, pull ya head out your arse and take your troops and equipment with you, that advisor just sounds like a cheap used care sales person trying to meet his crapy sales figures to make a bonus.

Personally I think we should buy russian equipment, can but more of each unit for the same price of one US piece and its not like were going to be fighting against the british and US planes etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
SAY building an AMMUNITION FACTORY somewhere on the continent. That would be a good start not more billion dollar wunderwaffe

So you have never even heard of SAMS?
Benalla in Victoria and Mulwala in New South Wales?

You know little about Australia's defence capability.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
We are not a warring nation. If we walk around with guns at our hips, people are more likely to shoot at us... That goes on an internation scale.

If the surrounding pacific nations see us arming ourselves to the teeth, letting large amounts of the most trigger happy troops in the world camp out in our backyard & spending heaps of tax payers cash on crap we don't need, they'll have good reason to become hostile.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is not a situation australia needed to find itself in. I am more wary of the types of experiments that will be conducted upon the australian populace as has been done in past when the united states and australia co-operated.

top topics

join