It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flaring warning issued!....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So exciting, and so thankful that I was not part of the previous billions of years of history that did not have at a mouse click the endless " end of the world" yammering of seemingly vast population of Community College grads with accounts on ATS. ATS the best comedy on the net...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does that mean when it hits suddenly communications will be affected and everything will sudde....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Interesting coincidence that summer is on the way.
Just sayin'.
Phage,..
I'd agree with you,. however,.
This coincidence I speak of has happened in winter,.
Warmer days when sun spots are larger or more than one, on the sun.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

I was gonna wait until I had read the entire thread but ADD and OCD combine to compel me to jump in feet first so please pardon me if this is posted further on...

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says Kate Ravilious for National Geographic News February 28, 2007 Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

Continues at link

Empirical "evidence"... perhaps... but hardly lacking in merit to suggest that solar cycles do, in fact, influence the weather we feel on the surface of our sweet little blue marble of a home otherwise known as Earth.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll take my chances. The chances of a severe solar flare are slim but it's nice that you're looking out.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

The discussion isn't really about long term changes. It's about solar flares.

That said, a claim of global warming on Mars has to be taken with a large grain of salt. We are just beginning to understand the process which drive Earth's climate, we know next to nothing about those on Mars other than there are great differences from Earth (global dust storms for example). A three year observation of polar CO2 caps is hardly enough to reach any conclusion about a warming trend much less to speculate about its cause.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
well,if the sun makes us lose the internet,lets bomb it

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This is an unproven theory, but I'm sure when the solar activity increases, the weather here in the UK turns bad. But when it's minimal, it's lovely. With the ejections on the decrease right now, I'll eat my hat if the next few days aren't brilliant sunshine. Low and high pressures don't just come out of Sepp Blatter's pocket. Thanks you few who mentioned 3G problems. The satellites are suffering

edit on 31-5-2011 by markymint because: its an edit

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by CLPrime

Interesting article, supposing a causative effect between the orbits of the planets and solar activity.

I can't locate the only reference in the article which would seem to provide documented evidence (Bossolasco 1972). The quote from Roberts (1979) is from the "Proceedings of a Symposium/Workshop" which is not available. The rest seem to be theoretical work rather than direct evidence. All of the references date from the 1970's and early 1980's. For a topic which would seem to be of great scientific interest in the global warming debate, direct evidence seems to be lacking.

I know it, you'd think research from the '70s and '80s would only be the beginning, but this is pretty much the only thing I now of suggesting a connection. Was it a dead-end? Possibly. Was there just not enough interest in the topic? I would find this hard to believe. Maybe it's another conspiracy...in that "someone" just doesn't want the connection to be confirmed, for some nefarious reason. Because, of course, whenever evidence is lacking, it's because of nefarious intent, not because the supposed connection doesn't exist
Though, I must admit, the last option is the more exciting.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
Entertainment at best!

My, my how to say it correctly without offending all of these "sensitivities"...

Mankind wants to know and be confident about what it thinks it knows.

Mankind has been proven to "not know" far more often then it has claimed to "know".

When mankind knows not... it generally still pretends that it does know and if not, that there is thus Nothing to Know.

Hubris.
Folly.
Fear.

Edison was "unteachable".
Socrates was executed.
Einstein was a clerk.
Galileo was forced to recant and then sentenced to house arrest for the remainder of his life.

Little if anything that we now currently "think" that we "know" was totally acceptable in the time it was most recently "discovered/postulated".

As far as Reliable sources are concerned...

How well has your government handled your money?
How well has your government handled your rights?
Or should I say "how well have the corporations that control your government handled these things?"...

So, trust them where your understanding of the weather, your understanding of space etc etc et al?
Quote them like a zealot quotes their dogma?

Praise Science!
Praise the monolithic crane that decides who shall stay and who shall go!

Now, I believe that everything is touching, relevant and otherwise noteworthy.
I believe in the electric universe, a growing earth and a core that is at least partially made up of plasma thus an Earth that is directly influenced by "everything electric" including minor solar flares to large CME's.

In Galileo' age, one would have been hard pressed to find any "proof", any "peer reviews", or otherwise literature to support heliocentricity.

Funny when something becomes commonly accepted if not completely embraced... we always wish to think then of how blind we "were"... and not of how blind we most certainly still "are".

In conclusion: Embrace your ability to think for yourself by denying the ignorance that exudes like rabbies from the mouths of those who always proclaim to "know".

All is forever in flux yet sadly, if their finite minds cannot perceive it... then it must not exist.

Fearing fear... does that sound right? It seems to me that they fear fear...
They fear the fear of not knowing so they pretend to know or and again... they simply choose to believe that things are not in flux, that most things are unrelated and if these things were anything to worry about that their Corporate/government "proof-peer reviewed-sources" will alert them

Finally someone who gets it! Yes science can prove lots of things. BUT to totally ignore the fact that science has gotten so much so wrong in the past and STILL blindly follow another man's word whether he's a rocket scientist or a NFL player is frankly a cop - out in my book. If we all just believed the next man and had the same thoughts we would probably be still in the stone age. And I'm not gonna even get started on all the "science" that's money-driven, not enlightenment driven which makes the problem even worse.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

So, your saying science is bad? And what do you suggest we use as an approach in the future instead of observing our world and testing our findings?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

good work. I've been watching ol' 1226 for a while on my smartphone. I wonder how long until it rotates around towards us.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
time to get my sun tan on....sweet! bring on the cancer !

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey. Six new sun spot's. Do they deserve a post of their own?

www.spaceweather.com

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by Phage

acually the "pressure" i was refering to was volts over amps =wats or current flow
as in the electrical sence

as the material contains a large amount of electrical flow "pressure"

as you point out the "pressure" in a magneto sphere is minimal
the "pressure" in an electrical sense is massive
xp

I dont know if it affects you theory, but volts over amps do not eaqual watts. You need to look a little more into ohms law.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I wonder if that was why my internet suddenly went out earlier, and then took a minute to turn back on, even though everything said it was connected.

Oh well. As long as it doesn't knock it out entirely, I'm fine,ha!
Also, that might be why it's extremely hot here, we've got up into the high nineties here in Kentucky, since Saturday. P: Silly sun, you shouldn't flare like that.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ripple

A watt is a volt-amp, which, granted, is not volts over amps, but I'd hazard a guess that XPLodER knows the definition of a watt and simply misspoke on the terminology.

I doubt it affects the theory...since I doubt the "theory" depends on the definitions of watt equivalents.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
This is an unproven theory, but I'm sure when the solar activity increases, the weather here in the UK turns bad. But when it's minimal, it's lovely. With the ejections on the decrease right now, I'll eat my hat if the next few days aren't brilliant sunshine. Low and high pressures don't just come out of Sepp Blatter's pocket. Thanks you few who mentioned 3G problems. The satellites are suffering

edit on 31-5-2011 by markymint because: its an edit

Ermmm .... 3G is not carried by satellites, but rather by standard terrestrial cell-phone towers etween 1.7HGz and 2.2HGz. Actual frequencies differ between countries, and whether it is Uplink or Downlink. For a slow 3G speed. I would first suspect local interference, and then the carrier's infrastructure (maybe too many users, overloading, etc), and lastly interference from the sun.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
While I understand the importance of sticking to topic, I find that some of the threads could be combined to get a better overall picture - just a thought.

There has been great discussion on whether or not the solar flaring has anything to do with the earthquakes and weather changes. While I am not studied in Geology or Astronomy, I would like to throw a thought out there to be pondered by members. Solar flaring is due to bursts of excess energy, I believe. Scientists are aware that the Sun gives off energy in particle form or ray form (Alpha/Beta/Gamma, etc.). We know from science that these rays/particles can penetrate various types of matter, even the ground. So, here is a thought I'm just going to throw out there. With such enormous bursts of energy from the sun, who is to say that it doesn't somehow affect the atmosphere, causing changes in weather from release of extra energy as well as affect the core somehow by the earth absorbing solar radiation of some type? The energy has to go somewhere, yes? For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction? Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion? Where does excess energy from Solar flares go? Does it just fizzle out? I do not believe so, especially when the energy is in such massive quantities. While it may not be entirely the cause of each earthquake or tornado, I can't help but wonder if the transfer of energy has a little something to do with some of what we are seeing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I agree...and so glad someone took the time to really spell it out in black and white! This is TRUTH...I love it!
Before I move on to my next task at work I want to leave the other members with these links... and you too of course.... ;-)

Peace to you and yours!!! xoxoxx

The heading reads...

"Quick Start to 2011’s Strong Earthquakes

With five mag 7+ earthquakes in less than a month, here’s another look at correlations between an active Sun and seismicity here on Earth:"
Link:
inter-intelligence-communications.com...

Solar Flares:
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Another good article....

This is what I know to be fact too : "Scientists continue to research the affects of solar flares on earth. What we know now about how a Solar Flare affects Earth, is that we need to know more".

Read more: How Do Solar Flares Affect the Earth? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

You can take your pick any given day in regards to which scientist you want to believe.

Its all about proof of factual data until someone comes along and debunks...its a never ending cycle!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Ok, what the hell is going on?
Fox News says that yet another comet is "dive bombing" into our sun!

- Sun Gobbling Up Comets - WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join