It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense on Comet Elenin - Think for yourself.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarrofDanu
reply to post by amaster

Truly, I am disappointed in you. To an extent, I can understand jaydeePNW not understanding what I meant. In my original reply to jaydeePNW I explained what I meant by the word ignite. If you, like jaydeePNW, are under the impression at this point that my statement was that comets are on fire, I guess common sense isn't so common after all. Misunderstanding what I meant initially was one thing but have either of you read that reply? I mean read it and not just glanced at it. Be you trolls or or not...way to make a guy regret joining the community.

I am not a troll, I just have no clue what the hell you are on about. You cite no reference to anything and you don't use easy to read grammer. After re-reading what you post I still don't.

Simple questions.

Who is Devino and were is the information you cite from him?

What exacty are you trying to prove or disprove?

What is the common sense angle you are trying to make?

Common sense tells me this comet is a comet and there is no threat from it.

Common sense tells me if they wanted to hide something about the comet then every astronomer in the world would have to somehow be in on it being private or governement related. Common sense tells me that isn't possible.

Common sense tells me NASA doesn't have control of every astrological organization on Earth and those other organizations would not be so quick to hide anything.

Common sense tells me the hundreds of thousands of people that would have to be in on this all over the world cannot be kept quiet about it.

So untill any real astrological group with credentials says otherwise there is no common sense in the theory that this comet is anything other than a comet.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LarrofDanu

My apologies for disappointing you. I understand that the issue was explained and corrected, I was only trying to interject some thoughts on the matter. Now please, lets put this behind us and continue on with the topic at hand.
edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogbuster

Yes, but according to the document published through Cornell University, Comet ELE-nin was used in a model as far back as 2007, when this "Astronomer" was only 17 or 18-years-old. Not that a child could not be the discoverer, but if he only discovered it last Fall then something is not right! It is a lie which means that this young Russian is nothing more than cover.

I linked that document, but no one wants to address it; if I missed the reason perhaps someone can direct me.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
uh gravity well anyone? lol ok seriously though, DO not worry at all! Hyper-Dimensional Cellular Mitosis, character determines where you end up, evolution at its truly finest spiritual physical in one, its gonna be a whole new way of being, from Carbon to Crystal. Everything is Frequency and vibration, wavelength etc. do not worry. it going to be beautiful, the body is a vessel for the soul, this is just what we look like right now, remember TIME IS NON LINEAR, Divine proportion and Phi, and stunning amazing love song that IS god, creating the perception of linear time and experience a percieved separation from God.

you really want to know the secret??? when the condition reaches zero there is your portal. Ya see, There isnt and cannot be anything but God, guess what you ARE? you are made of god and living in THE GOD forever always and there is no time, Ever changing and full of glory, but what a wonderful thing to be granted lives to find this out in our own individual way recording in our soul and DNA, we interpret and worship god through all our cultures, we did this to ourselves for experience its time to wake up brothers and sisters, we are BEINGS and soon will be FREE to Explore God and serve other civilization of people just like us, it truly is going to be an amazing time weve earned it! love is expansion. so LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE PEOPLE!!!

i know and yes you are right! not everyone will be ready and not all will go, but no worries they will simply be in the best place for them to continue their discovery in their own way, so do not worry for anyone, they are of god and in god too, no matter how hard some try to have a problem whether they like it or not they are going to be ok. so enjoy and DO NOT WORRY. we are graduating from global to galactic, from sapiens to luminous. research it also, a great tip, the solfeggio tones are a good start. hope you all are relaxing dont by any of the BS.. you are more intuitive than you know right now, believe in yourself and trust what you feel, dont be afraid and do not doubt your heart, we belong to eachother you will soon realize everything responds to you. and your energy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I believe Pezcat addressed that paper on the third page of this thread. According to his response, it's author is not exactly the most credible (or sane) individual.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

People can say and back up whatever they wish. Fact is that you can download any modern day gravity simulator and see quite clearly how ridiculous the idea of it being some star or something is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoTheCapFit

Please, this is a rational, intelligent conversation about a comet. I ask that you kindly leave metaphysics and god out of the equation as they are obscenely off topic.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

rational? intelligent? lol those definitions are circumstantial perception and change constantly lol well enjoy and safe discovery, ah the beauty of free will, tempting god you are just tempting yourself its good though question everything but there willl be something sooner or later you will come across a unique archetyped trigger just for you and yourSELF to WAKE UP!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And if I were to inhabit a hollow black hole, I would officially be in my own universe separate from your view of God. Sorry, you're wrong. Love and the universe have no correlation, as the universe has no love and right now quite literally trillions of life forms are dying in super nova, black holes, earthquakes, xray burst, etc etc. Entire civilizations are being wiped out every moment of creation, every day, every year. If that's love, then you've got the wrong idea of what love is and what God is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

heh. nothing is being destroyed only changed what do you think happens "in" a blackhole?, your perception is still a lil slighted continue your search and journey friend. you should know better with all the intelligent things being said around here. ;]

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I'm just going to post this as it seems you missed it last time.
That document is bunk.

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by Greensage
So I am a bit confused now, I saw the link provided on another ELE-nin thread that was from Cornell University indicating that Comet Elenin was known since at least 2007.

Cornell University Library

I am not taking credit for this link as it was provided in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, is it common sense now to realize that everything we are told is a lie?

I'm going to post what I just said in another thread about those papers and the author.

"That's hardly an academic study, there is a huge difference between an epaper and a peer reviewed journal.
Not to mention that the author of that paper is a clearly dubious character who among other things believes he is the rightful heir to the throne of King Arthur.
I'm sorry but that paper should not be used by anybody as evidence for their case.

astroblogger.blogspot.com...
Checkout friday the 27th entry from Dr Ian Musgrave.

But nevermind if his claims of Royalty in England don't pan out as he has staked his claim to the Bosnian throne as well.
bosnianroyalfamily.org..."

These papers are nothing but bunk.
I wouldn't want to take credit for that link either.
edit on 31-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't think you understand what happens in a black hole. Nothing. When you step into a black hole, time is relative, and time is slow to your relativity. by the time you enter it, the rest of the universe has already come and gone,a ll several dozen trillion years. A black hole is nothing more and nothing less than a location of space time compressed to pause time. If one were to be within a hollow black hole, one would occupy a location of space time completely separated from the rest of the universe. If anyone tried to walk into it, the entire universe would go by.

Me thinks you are the ignorant one of science here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Based on all that I have been reading about Elenin it is my belief that Elenin is not a traditional comet. Comets are usually moving much more quickly and are usually everywhere except the plane of the ecliptic. Elenin is moving in the plane of the ecliptic and is moving very slowly. This together with the observation that at time of alignments there have been some very big earthquakes makes me think that Elenin is more than just a mere comet. It is at the least a planet with a rogue orbit. Some one stated here at ATS that Elenin has a 39,000 year orbital period, but did not give any reference as to where they obtained that figure. Only this week NASA published a new theory on their website about such rogue planets existing in vaste numbers between the stars. That Elenin is one such rogue planet does not come to me as being a big surprise. According to the astronomer Leonid Elenin the object is measuring 80,000 kilometers diameter. He was assuming it to be the "coma" of a normal comet. But that is a big assumption. Since Elenin is having gravitational effects we must accept that it is actually at the least a rogue planet. Now a planet that size would be visible in our sky. Especially as it is now so much nearer to us.

So why are we not yet seeing it ? Well actually I looked. I do my amateur astronomy on an occasional basis. So I was careful to make sure that I was not observing a regular star. Admittedly it is easy to get mixed up when observing the sky. But on this occasion I was careful. I promise you that I am not trying to lie to you. In April I observed a very sparkly star like object in the constellation of Gemini. It really was very bright. However at this time of year Gemini is very quickly hitting the horizon. So that I only had a very short time to make my observation. Then until last week it came on cloudy. So that I could not make another observation until just a week ago at end of May. I looked again and at first I wondered to myself where it had disappeared to. However following the plane of the ecliptic from Gemini into Taurus I again observed the glittering bright object. It was very close to the horizon and still it was clearly visible through a layer of cloud and haze on the horizon. This indicates that it is very bright. Now there are those who will suggest that my observation is not valid and that I am simply observing a normal star. However I do believe that I was seeing Elenin. At this time of year especially as Elenin is getting nearer and nearer to the Sun, Elenin is very near to the horizon. So near that you might not be able to see it anymore. So do not think that just because it would be so bright that it will be easily visible in the sky. In my opinion Elenin is a rogue planet about the size of Uranus or Neptune. In my understanding it is not likely to collide with the Earth, but its gravity will probably trigger earthquakes and volcanic activity. Solar flares in our direction too. Causing electricity problems. So long as we understand this we will be able to avoid problems.

Something which no one mentions is the possibility that there are "Eleninians" living on the rogue planet Elenin. Are we going to be visited by them ? Are we launching a probe into orbit around Elenin ? For the "Eleninians" flying into our Solar System every 39,000 years must be a catastrophic event for them. The scorching heat of the Sun incinerating them. Burning them to death. Spare a thought for them. Our problems are little by comparison.

באַזירט אויף אַלע וואָס איך האב שוין לייענען וועגן עלענין עס איז מיין גלויבן אַז עלענין איז ניט אַ טראדיציאנעלן קאָמעט. קאָמעץ זענען יוזשאַוואַלי מאָווינג פיל מער געשווינד און זענען יוזשאַוואַלי אומעטום אַחוץ די פלאַך פון די יקליפּטיק. עלענין איז מאָווינג אין די פלאַך פון די יקליפּטיק און איז מאָווינג זייער סלאָולי. דאס צוזאַמען מיט דער אָבסערוואַציע אַז אין צייַט פון אַליינמאַנץ דאָרט האָבן שוין עטלעכע זייער גרויס ערטקווייקס מאכט מיר טראַכטן אַז עלענין איז מער ווי בלויז אַ מיר קאָמעט. עס איז בייַ דער מינדסטער אַ פּלאַנעט מיט אַ זשוליק אָרביט. עטלעכע איינער סטייטאַד דאָ בייַ אַץ אַז עלענין האט אַ 39,000 יאָר אָרבאַטאַל צייַט, אָבער האט ניט געבן קיין רעפֿערענץ ווי צו ווו זיי באקומען אַז פיגור. נאר דעם וואָך נאַסאַ פארעפנטלעכט אַ נייַ טעאָריע אויף זייער וועבזייַטל וועגן אַזאַ זשוליק פּלאַנאַץ שאַפֿן אין וואַסטע נומערן צווישן די שטערן. אַז עלענין איז איין אַזאַ זשוליק פּלאַנעט טוט ניט קומען צו מיר ווי זייַענדיק אַ גרויס יבערראַשן. לויט צו די אַסטראָנאָם לעאָניד עלענין די כייפעץ איז מעאַסורינג 80,000 קילאָמעטערס דיאַמעטער. ער איז געווען אַסומינג עס צו זייַן דער "קאָמאַטאָזער מאַצעוו" פון אַ נאָרמאַל קאָמעט. אבער וואָס איז אַ גרויס האַשאָרע. זינט עלענין איז בעת גראַוויטיישאַנאַל יפעקס מיר מוזן אָננעמען אַז עס איז אַקשלי בייַ דער מינדסטער אַ זשוליק פּלאַנעט. איצט אַ פּלאַנעט אַז גרייס וואָלט זייַן קענטיק אין אונדזער הימל. ספּעציעל ווי עס איז איצט אַזוי פיל נירער צו אונדז.

אזוי פארוואס זענען מיר ניט נאָך געזען עס? נו אַקשלי איך געקוקט. איך טאָן מיין ליבהאָבער אַסטראָנאָמיע אויף אַן טיילמאָליק יקער. אזוי איך געווען אָפּגעהיט צו מאַכן זיכער אַז איך איז ניט אַבזערווינג אַ רעגולער שטערן. אַדמיטטעדלי עס איז גרינג צו באַקומען צעמישט ווען אַבזערווינג די הימל. אבער אויף דעם געלעגנהייַט איך געווען אָפּגעהיט. איך צוזאָג איר אַז איך בין ניט טריינג צו ליגן צו איר. אין אפריל איך געזען אַ זייער ספּאַרקלי שטערן ווי כייפעץ אין די געשטערן פון געמיני. עס טאַקע געווען זייער ליכטיק. אבער אין דעם צייַט פון יאָר געמיני איז זייער געשווינד היטטינג דעם האָריזאָנט. אזוי אַז איך נאָר געהאט אַ זייער קליין צייַט צו מאַכן מיין אָבסערוואַציע. דעמאלט ביז לעצטע וואָך עס זענען געקומען אויף פאַרוואָלקנט. אזוי אַז איך קען ניט מאַכן אנדערן אָבסערוואַציע ביז פּונקט אַ וואָך צוריק בייַ סוף פון מאי. איך געקוקט ווידער און בייַ ערשטער איך וואַנדערד צו זיך ווו עס האט פאַרשווונדן צו. אבער נאָך דעם פלאַך פון די יקליפּטיק פון געמיני אין טאָראַס איך ווידער געזען דעם גליטערינג העל כייפעץ. עס איז געווען זייער נאָענט צו די האָריזאָנט און נאָך עס איז געווען קלאר קענטיק דורך אַ פּלאַסט פון וואָלקן און האַזע אויף דעם האָריזאָנט. דאס ינדיקייץ אַז עס איז זייער ליכטיק. איצט דאָרט זענען יענע וואס וועט פֿאָרשלאָגן אַז מיין אָבסערוואַציע איז ניט גילטיק און אַז איך בין פשוט אַבזערווינג אַ נאָרמאַל שטערן. אבער איך טאָן גלויבן אַז איך געווען געזען עלענין. אין דעם צייַט פון יאָר ספּעציעל ווי עלענין איז געטינג נירער און נירער צו די זון, עלענין איז זייער נאָענט צו די האָריזאָנט. אזוי לעבן אַז איר זאל ניט קענען צו זען דאָס ענימאָר. אזוי טאָן ניט טראַכטן אַז נאָר ווייַל עס וואָלט זייַן אַזוי העל אַז עס וועט זייַן לייכט זעעוודיק אין דעם הימל. אין מיין מיינונג עלענין איז אַ זשוליק פּלאַנעט וועגן די גרייס פון וראַנוס אָדער נעפּטון. אין מיין שכל עס איז ניט לייקלי צו קאַלייד מיט דער ערד, אָבער זייַן גראַוויטי וועט מסתּמא צינגל ערטקווייקס און וואַלקאַניק טעטיקייט. זונ פלאַרעס אין אונדזער ריכטונג צו. קאַוסינג עלעקטרע פראבלעמען. אזוי לאַנג ווי מיר פֿאַרשטיין דעם מיר וועלן קענען צו ויסמייַדן פראבלעמען.

עפּעס וואָס קיין איינער דערמאנט איז די מעגלעכקייט אַז עס זענען "עלעניניאַנס" לעבעדיק אויף דעם זשוליק פּלאַנעט עלענין. זענען מיר געגאנגען צו זייַן וויזיטיד דורך זיי? זענען מיר לאָנטשינג אַ זאָנד אין אָרביט אַרום עלענין? ווארים דער "עלעניניאַנס" פליענדיק אין אונדזער זונ סיסטעם יעדער 39,000 יאר מוזן זייַן אַ קאַטאַסטראַפיק געשעעניש פֿאַר זיי. די סקאָרטשינג היץ פון די זון ינסינערייטינג זיי. ברענט זיי צו טויט. ספּער אַ געדאַנק פֿאַר זיי. אונדזער פראבלעמען זענען קליין דורך פאַרגלייַך.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 31/5/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

lol its not literally a hole, and your misperception of time is just that is what it is, a perception. everything just IS NOW. think bigger friend. sound, light, "matter", its all vibration and frequency. your animosity is misdirected. its all spiritual. the answer and truth is simpler than you expect. good luck and safe discovery.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

no one said it was a hole. And I definably gave a description of something the opposite of a hole. More like a cage. And sorry, time is not a perception. Time is a flow of events that is physically constant, and can be affected from a relative point of view based on the amount of mass present at a location. This is not a mis perception, as every single star says this is true because you cannot control the speed that light takes to get here, a factor of time. Time is indeed now, and it is also yesterday and tomorrow. And those are not now. Now is nothing more than a frame. A single unit of matter moving. A frame is a constant in the universe, and the frame changes based on the amount of mass present.

There is no proof of the spirit, and in fact, if the spirit could be observed, then it is not the spirit, but a destroyable data pack. Fact is if you can observe it, you can change it. And if your can change it, you can destroy it. Thus invalidating the need for spiritual. Spiritual matters are not observable, and to the very least, not observable from this side of the world. So to call the universe God or anything else is a lie. Because if the spirit is a thing that exists in the universe, than it can be affected, and effectively destroyed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Where to start?

Okay first of all, the speed of a comet varies depending on the size of the comet and its distance to the sun. The closer to the sun a comet gets, the faster it goes. For example, Halley’s Comet in 1910 incressed speed from 1km/s to 100km/s as it looped around the sun. At present, it is estimated that Elenin will be traveling at 86,000 km/h (1433 km/s) as it passes Earth. That’s significantly faster.

As for the length of it’s orbit, I have yet to find a definitive answer on just how long it is. I’ve read that it’s anywhere from 3,600 years to as much as 600,000, but I think most conservative estimates place it somewhere around 12,000 years. It all depends on what sources you look at.

The rouge planet idea is something I thought about as well. Although my opinion on the size differs. I would suggest it’s closer to the size of a very small moon like Nix or Hydra. Something with a mean radius of about 30 to 40 km. This would explain any difficulty in seeing it at this time.

And while I don’t rule out the possibility, I highly doubt that whatever this is, its harboring intelligent life.

Oh, and please let me thank you for bringing this back on topic.
edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: grammer

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Alright, I know there is a lot of talk here and elsewhere about the comet Elenin in regards to what it is or is not, and like all good conspiracies there has been a fair amount of evidence to support both sides of this argument. So, let me make this clear from the start; this thread is not intended prove any facts one way or another. It is simply an attempt to interject some common sense on some interesting theories that may or may not have been thought of before.

Common sense versus personal speculation?

If it does turn out that Elenin is a threat to Earth, what the heck can anyone actually do about the problem? Do you live your life in fear, or do you just live the next year to the fullest?

Seriously, once a massive asteroid or meteor hits Earth, there is no place on or within the planet safe from an impact. Regardless about what the government may be doing to prepare, the reality of it all is that they are just as damned as everyone else.

Who cares?

Life must go onward.

Whatever remains on the surface, after an impact, will not be habitable for hundreds of generations. If there is anyone still hanging around, they would never be able to walk on the surface. Once the sky is covered with dust and ash, there is no way to sustain a strong agricultural environment for long term survival.

If Elenin hits the Earth, it hits the Earth. If Elanin misses the Earth, it misses the Earth.

Don't worry about the things you cannot control, and start worrying about the things you can control.

Life moves onward.

edit on 5/31/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here's some 5 day old pictures for everyone if you've not seen them yet ...Comets Coma 100,000 KM

edit on 31-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Here's some 5 day old pictures for everyone if you've not seen them yet ...Comets Coma 100,000 KM

edit on 31-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

The pictures that you have presented are obviously bogus. Since an object with a diameter of 80,000 kilometers so near to us in the Solar System is going to stand out very brightly. So in the pictures that you presented, with an arrow pointing to such a dim object, it is obvious that you and your pictures are bogus.

"You may be able to decieve some of the people some of the time but you cannot decieve all of the people all of the time". Ultimately you will not be able to decieve any of the people any of the time whatsoever.

די בילדער וואָס איר האָט דערלאנגט ביסט דאָך פאַלש. ווייל אַן כייפעץ מיט אַ דיאַמעטער פון 80,000 קילאָמעטערס אַזוי לעבן צו אונדז אין די זונ סיסטעם איז געגאנגען צו שטיין אויס זייער ברייטלי. אזוי אין די בילדער וואָס איר דערלאנגט, מיט אַ פייַל פּוינטינג צו אַזאַ אַ טונקל כייפעץ, עס איז קלאָר ווי דער טאָג אַז איר און דיין בילדער זענען פאַלש.

"איר זאלט ​​קענען צו דעסיעווע עטלעכע פון ​​די מענטשן עטלעכע פון ​​די צייַט אָבער איר קענען ניט דעסיעווע אַלע פון ​​די מענטשן אַלע פון ​​די צייַט". לעסאָף איר וועט ניט קענען צו דעסיעווע קיין פון די מענטשן וועלכע פון ​​די צייַט כוואַצאָועווער.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 31/5/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
I could not make another observation until just a week ago at end of May. I looked again and at first I wondered to myself where it had disappeared to. However following the plane of the ecliptic from Gemini into Taurus I again observed the glittering bright object. It was very close to the horizon and still it was clearly visible through a layer of cloud and haze on the horizon. This indicates that it is very bright.

Really?
I have a few questions then, what equiptment were you using? What time of day/night was this? You say you are located in the British Isles, what general area are you in?
You say it was clearly visible through cloud? I wonder how a mag 12 anything would be visible even with clear skies. This is not very bright at all, you are seeing something else if anything.
Not calling you a liar or anything but you are not even looking in the right area.The best I can work out what you are talking about is the Sun.

Being somewhat of an astronomer you would know the current location Taurus surely? You would also know that it is setting with the sun, infact the sun is bang smack in the middle of the Taurus at the moment, but you knew that already, naturally. You would probably be aware that Elenin is no longer visible in the British Isles too, but it bares mentioning.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join