It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense on Comet Elenin - Think for yourself.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Are you saying the unemployment figures are faked and the problem isn't as bad as reported or that it's actually worse than reported?

Amaster, really thought provoking thread, I'd hope as many who have read the Elenin info before on ATS allow this all to sink in. Plus I must commend you on putting it into simpler terms for those who may not understand the more scientific posts about the subject so again, thanks for being able to include those too as well as the rest of us.

S&F

The unemployment number is actually WORSE than what is being projected. What you don't see in the 9.5% unemployment number or those new unemployment claims are the people who have dropped out of the unemployment rolls completely, and who are going without benefits.

I believe that experts have put the number closer to 23% taking everything into consideration.

Take for example the national debt. You hear 14 Trillion, when in fact the number is closer to 120 trillion if you factor in "unfunded liabilities" like social security. There is no SS trust fund. So that amount owed to millions of baby boomers has to be added to the debt number, which you are not being told.

Swine Flu PANDEMIC? REALLY? When you have doctors diagnosing a patient with an illness, and they are being told to record it as Swine Flu without any empirical evidence, one has to wonder. But to call it a pandemic? Give me a break. I dont know a single person, who knows another person, who has had swine flu. Do you?

Frankly, at this point, I dont listen to a word that this Man Child president has to say. He is a puppet.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Elenin is effecting earth no matter what is. Or at least our world. If only by this thread.

You are right on spot with that assumption.

The part with the thread that is ..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gastrok

A "near" miss of 22,000,000 miles would depend on the size of the object passing by. If it is a brown dwarf that's bigger than Jupiter then that is pretty close, if it is a comet or asteroid then Earth probably wouldn't even notice.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarrofDanu
reply to post by jaydeePNW

Perhaps you should actually READ my post rather than just lightly skimming over it.

I really tried but it is a jumbled up mess..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If it’s not on Wiki, than it can’t be true. Really? Has wiki finally risen to the heights of the end-all-be-all source for all reliable information. I’m not saying you are wrong in your assumption, as it certainly is interesting that little or no information can be found on this man, and not just from Wikipedia. I’ve heard him described as everything from a nobody amateur astronomer to a full professor at a Russian University. Just for fun however, I tried to look myself up on Wiki, and found nothing. Does that mean I’m not real?
reply to post by amaster

What I meant was that Leonid Elenin was a made up name by NASA. Even if a person with that name exists, the person may have nothing to do with the comet or brown dwarf. I'm in your side..
I don't believe Wiki has anything of importance. I think it is a collection of garbage. And if that is the case, someone should have uploaded some valid (or fake) information regarding Leonid Elenin and there is no reason Wiki should have rejected it. Their guide line to be put in the Wiki is that someone has to be important to be enough to show up in the major news media. His name certainly qualifies that guide line.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The main thrust of this particular post was Devino's assertion that comets are not actually "dirty snowballs" as is the understanding of my self and most laymen.

What caught my eye was "Keep in mind comets do not sport tails all the time. Their tails are a product of a reaction to the Sun's solar wind and 'ignite' when they get close to the Sun at around the orbital distance of Jupiter and Mars."

I could care less whether a comet is a ball of ice with water vapor streaming off in the solar wind or if it is caused by something else. What I'm curious about is whether there is a standard distance from the sun at which point the sun will cause a comet to "ignite."

The (in my opinion) rather large range of distance that Devino gave for ignition, has almost been completely traversed already by elenin. I never really cared about this thing until early March.

Trying to remove useless information...

So we are throwing away all known science about comets because Devino says so and now comets can be ignited by the sun to cause their tail and coma?

Since Elenin has yet to show a tail and coma then it is not a actual comet and something else? Is that what you are getting at?

Ignited mean catching on fire. Are you saying the sun causes comets to catch on fire?

Can you link to Devinos information?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Apparently, this man has been interviewed on Russian TV, as I remember stills of him on other threads.

But, there is some mystery as to why there are no OTHER visual records of him anywhere else on the interwebs.

The way in which Wiki works ensures that the information is revised by as many sources as possible, so that whatever may be 'wrong' as it appears in the whole of human experience is updated or changed.

It is designed to shave hyperbole from topics posted.

Whether it works that way is totally subjective, however.

Man, I was channelling Douglas Adams there for a minute...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

I agree, and I didn't mean to sound so bitter, but to better understand this lets look at it in perspective. Lets say, hypothetically speaking, NASA discovers a massive object previously undetected by modern astronomy, most likely by accident through the Voyager 1 Missions, which in turn spawned the Cassini Mission, and the subsequent WISE Telescope. After calculating the projected path of this object the realization of immanent danger to Earth is revealed. Rather than keep the whole thing quite, NASA/TPTB decide to conjure up a false face with an acronymically clever name in an attempt to quell any would-be amateur astronomers and dooms-day-sayers who might spoil their evil hopes of world destruction. Then bring in some chubby Russian nerd under this false name and have him start a blog to begin scrubbing the internet of any information contrary to NASA’s public statements. All the while increasing the chemtrail output to provide a screen over the night sky which inhibits our ability to see the oncoming death star as FEMA begins hording millions of tons of rations into top secret bunkers. And as the wealthy and elite begin to disappear into their lavish lairs we the common folk are left confused and afraid as the sky blackens and flaming projectiles are hurled down from the sky.

Seriously, I think I saw this in a movie once

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Major Ed Dames, the man responsible for running the govts remote viewing program in the 80's. He predicts all hell will break lose on earth due to the "Kill Shot.". It will be an electrical discharge from the sun that will destroy all satellites, the national electric grid and all car/truck computers.

A friend of mine is a defense contractor awarded multiple contracts from Navy to build buildings protected by faraday cages.

This is the big one folks. If September 27 does get most of us, November 11 will finish the job

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Why is it that debunkers demand we not believe in theories presented here, yet they employ the exact same unsubstantiated opinion as do the conspiracy theorists?

Even if totally untrue, these guys are out there thinking critically.

They should be commended, at least for that.

Sadly, we all know that it is impossible to trust most governmental bureaus, including NASA.

Just their sheer denial of all things extraterrestrial is enough to disparage their 'official' standpoint.

The idea that this is a binary star system makes a good deal of sense, when you consider the geological and planetary record of our cosmic neighborhood.

And Leonid Elenin? That's pretty damn cheeky.

There may be something to this theory, but no one will tell you to worry until its too late (if at all).

Except ATS.

Use this sight like you eat eggs. Enjoy them, but add a grain or two of salt.

Even though this was not directed I assume you are referring to me. I think critically, which is the reason for my post. I am the kind of person to entertain EVERY theory, then sort through the mess to find the truth. That's what drew me to this forum in the first place.

There is ALOT of wild speculation going on about this, the most ridiculous of which is that there is a brown dwarf a mere 2 AU from us that we can't see. This is REDONKULOUS.

Another piece of unsubstantiated ridiculousness is the theory that Leonid Elenin isn't a real person. I would suggest calling the International Scientific Optical Network's Robotic Observatory in Mayhill, NM and see if they'll substantiate the claim that this discovery was made by Leonid YELENIN (his real name as translated from Russian) on 12/10/10. I see no reason they would not release records of astronomers working there at any given time.

To rely on half-assed "evidence" from internet fear-mongers is doing yourself a disservice. To spread these claims without first confirming them for yourself is socially irresponsible.

I agree with the OP and others that it's POSSIBLE there is some kind of cover up - and I agree that all theories should be scrutinized by any objective researcher, in this and ALL other situations where the story is less than crystal-clear - but so far any "evidence" to support this is highly speculative and some of it is downright grasping straws. Be prepared, but don't blow your life savings preparing for some event that I'm fairly certain has been blown way out of proportion by internet crazies.

I believe lots of "conspiracy theories." With this one I was on the fence for quite awhile, but it has occurred to me that any object large enough to have the effects that some have claimed (gravitation "tug" during alignments, massive quakes, etc) would be very visible on Earth by now as it enters mars' orbital path. I think you guys can sleep easy, at least regarding this particular doomsday scenario.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW

The main thrust of this particular post was Devino's assertion that comets are not actually "dirty snowballs" as is the understanding of my self and most laymen.

What caught my eye was "Keep in mind comets do not sport tails all the time. Their tails are a product of a reaction to the Sun's solar wind and 'ignite' when they get close to the Sun at around the orbital distance of Jupiter and Mars."

I could care less whether a comet is a ball of ice with water vapor streaming off in the solar wind or if it is caused by something else. What I'm curious about is whether there is a standard distance from the sun at which point the sun will cause a comet to "ignite."

The (in my opinion) rather large range of distance that Devino gave for ignition, has almost been completely traversed already by elenin. I never really cared about this thing until early March.

Trying to remove useless information...

So we are throwing away all known science about comets because Devino says so and now comets can be ignited by the sun to cause their tail and coma?

Since Elenin has yet to show a tail and coma then it is not a actual comet and something else? Is that what you are getting at?

Ignited mean catching on fire. Are you saying the sun causes comets to catch on fire?

Can you link to Devinos information?

In addition, based on measurements from those same images, the size of the comet’s coma has exceeded 100,000 km, and probably in reality the coma is still larger, and we could see it on images taken with the largest telescopes.

Please read the latest information released by Leonid Elenin on spaceobs as he clearly states that the comet has a visable tail extending more than 100,000 km and growing.

As of now the comet is still located just outside of Mar's orbit. I also recommend you do a little research on just what exactly causes a comet to have tails, as in two. One made of dust, the other made of gasses. One if straight, and the other is curved. Both "glow" for different reasons.

Thank you.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The Earths magnetic field is created by the Sun? I've never heard or read about that before. I'm pretty sure the creation of Earths magnetic field is still being debated on or is unknown.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Don't tell it to me tell it to LarrofDanu. I am trying to understand his "the sun ignites comets" theory based on some guy named Devino.

I think Elenin is just a regular comet that will cause zero issues with Earth myself and NASA is hiding nothing.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

It was intended as a general point of reference for all.

As for the comets tail, it does not "ignite". The gasses expelled from the comet become ionized when passing through solar wind, much like the auroras. The coma, or dust particles, reflect sunlight making them visible the closer the comet travels to the sun.

I don't doubt that major components of this are being withheld, but I certainly don’t think this is a brown dwarf. I’m still of the opinion that this is a cover story for something even bigger.

edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I love how ever since I got confused about the 'ignition' and asked about it. People are trying to cut this guy info down. He stated clearly that he didnt mean the comet is set ablaze by the sun. He was talking about when its tail starts to becme lit in our view.... So many people wanna stop by and add their one cent, ' im so sic of doom and glooom threads, nothing is gonna happen people' and then continue to bash one sentence that was said with their semantics. So many sheeep. Add some science to this maybe? Oh well, im laughing at these people that are sitting there thinking nasa would do anything for them if shtf. Nasa wouldnt announce u #. Im researching the theory of negatively charged comets, maybe you should too. That wouldnt make sense though would it now?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Truly, I am disappointed in you. To an extent, I can understand jaydeePNW not understanding what I meant. In my original reply to jaydeePNW I explained what I meant by the word ignite. If you, like jaydeePNW, are under the impression at this point that my statement was that comets are on fire, I guess common sense isn't so common after all. Misunderstanding what I meant initially was one thing but have either of you read that reply? I mean read it and not just glanced at it. Be you trolls or or not...way to make a guy regret joining the community.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Funny. I'm pretty sure it is known and its created by the Earths core.

Which is why Mars is the way it is, its core is no longer active.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

Thank you. That sense may not be common, but at least you are proving that it is out there. The best part is that since the tail is showing it was a moot point. Way to give me a little hope for humanity!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Major Ed Dames, the man responsible for running the govts remote viewing program in the 80's. He predicts all hell will break lose on earth due to the "Kill Shot.". It will be an electrical discharge from the sun that will destroy all satellites, the national electric grid and all car/truck computers.

A friend of mine is a defense contractor awarded multiple contracts from Navy to build buildings protected by faraday cages.

This is the big one folks. If September 27 does get most of us, November 11 will finish the job

Yup , and im guessing that by the dates you have posted you know that Ed said this would start with an incoming planet that was in a strange orbit entering our solar system. Elenin. Ya I am also very concerned about this and I hope we are wrong.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

Your agitation with this issue is unnecessary. I don’t feel anyone is attempting to cut someone down so much as they are simply trying to understand and explain individual points of view. The intentions of this thread are to give clear and rational explanations for the confusion which surrounds the comet Elenin, not to spread doom and gloom. I think all have been able to contribute greatly to it’s content in that regard. As the OP, I wish for that to continue. I also encourage you to continue your research and look forward to any relevant information it may add to this discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join