It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense on Comet Elenin - Think for yourself.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Alright, I know there is a lot of talk here and elsewhere about the comet Elenin in regards to what it is or is not, and like all good conspiracies there has been a fair amount of evidence to support both sides of this argument. So, let me make this clear from the start; this thread is not intended prove any facts one way or another. It is simply an attempt to interject some common sense on some interesting theories that may or may not have been thought of before.

For instance, the idea that Elenin is a much larger object than reported is often refuted by those who question why it has had no effect on the larger planets in our solar system. To answer this effectively you must be aware of the planetary positions in relation to the comet. Neptune, Uranus, and Jupiter are all on opposite sides of the Sun, and have been for several years. Jupiter could have potentially been affected by it, but it would have been sometime in 2002 or 2003, and it’s effects would have been minimal and virtually undetectable at best. Saturn, on the other hand, would have felt a much greater influence from the supposed “death star” between 2007 and 2008 as it passed through Elenin’s path.

So, what happened on Saturn during that period? Two reported, observable events. One being an unusual Aurora at the northern pole (above that bizarre hexagonal shaped storm), and the other being a five month long electrical storm in the upper atmosphere. Neither are definitive proof for sure but, interestingly enough, both were active around the same time in which the planet was passing in front of Elenin.

newscientist.com
sciencedaily.com
NASA JPL

Surely if Elenin could effect the internal heating process in the lower atmosphere or manipulate the magnetosphere of this giant planet in such a way, then it’s smaller moons or even it’s famous rings would stand no chance against it’s gravitational pull. Well, being that any major observations of the Moon’s of Saturn were only made possible through the Cassini missions, most geological or atmospheric events there are considered “new discoveries” and not associated with passing objects.

Similar to Elenin’s effects on the outer planets, it’s mark on the smaller inner system is, for all intents and purposes, undetectable due to a lack of complete understanding about how each individual planet geologically, atmospherically or physically reacts to an outside forces. Any observed changes are considered “anomalous but normal”. Here on Earth, we are able to closely monitor those conditions for any detectable amount of change. Thankfully, the catastrophic changes are few and far between.

Which brings us to the “alignment theory”. Fast forward to February 27, 2010; the date of the 8.8 Chilean Earthquake. Elenin, Earth, Sun, (and Jupiter way in the back) are all lined up. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Lets check the next alignment and see what happens. September 4th 2010, Elenin, Sun, Mercury, Earth, all in a row. Christchurch, New Zealand, a 7.1 magnitude earthquake strikes at 4:35 am. Suspicious? I’m sensing a pattern. March 11, 2011, Japan. Elenin, Earth, Sun; need I say more. The next alignment will be September 27, 2011 when Elenin passes between the Earth and the Sun. All we can do is wait and see. It’s certainly not condemning evidence as there are earthquakes world wide on a daily basis, ranging from the unnoticeable to the devastating. So blaming them on cosmic alignments could prove to foolish in the long run.

How about the supposed “discoverer” of Comet Elenin? Is he real, is he a fake? Not sure, but his name, Leonid Elenin is uniquely interesting. Leonid, as in the Leonid Meteor Showers. Although a common Russian name, his parents cast a bit of foreshadowing for a future astronomer. Also interesting to note is that the Comet is expected to come from constellation Leo for which the Leonid Meteors are named. The surname Elenin, or ELEnin as some people like to write it, does coincidently contain those infamous three little letters synonymous with Extinction Level Event, but so does about a million other words. I just can’t help but think of all the trouble one would have to go through to create such an elaborate ruse. Not to mention all the fuss its caused. I mean, if this guy is a fake, then why not just name it after the object’s real discoverer, and no one would suspect anything.

Last but not least is that tiny little issue of public information. Oh, we have NASA cover ups, amateur astronomers being silenced, documents and files being scrubbed, etc. etc. etc. Really? This is getting out of hand people! To what end are these means justified? If this comet is, as NASA claims, wimpy, then would it not be their responsibility to quell any delusions of grandeur otherwise? On the contrary, if this is the comet of the prophecies, then would it not also be their responsibility to warn the public, barring the consequences of mass panic? Or perhaps this comet is nothing more than smoke and mirrors meant to hide the real threat. An internet whirlwind to distract us all from the real planetary killer looming beyond our atmosphere . . .

Awe heck folks! It’s all just speculation, until the day comes, with or without fail.

Stay thirsty my friends!

edit on 5/30/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The best ElENin Video I have seen to date with real info and facts to back it 95% of it up......I'll stick with Terral03 till I see something upcoming that does not jive with what he has to say. Do Nothing and maybe die right off the bat, or prepare and have at least a chance...Please trolls, do nothing......Sit on your A$$'s and just talk down peoples videos till it is sprung upon you..I just feel sorry for your family's though as they have ti get what you will get...Your backers, TPTB aren't going to let you in their bunkers....They wouldn't let you shine their shoes.....

edit on 30-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Can you explain to me this alignment theory? I don't see how a comet out beyond the orbit of Jupiter, even if it's a line with Earth and Sun (e.g., Feb 27, 2010), can have any relationship to earthquakes. The gravitation influence must be just about zero - don't you think?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

"They" can keep a lot of things quiet. The Manhatten Project had 25,000 people involved. The Kennedy asasination and the Warren Commission, lots involved. The doings of 9-11 and the Commission's findings.

There has been a decades long cover up on the problems of fluoride in the water and the dangers of vaccines.

Recently we were treated to a "birth certificate" and the fall of Bin Laden. The casualties for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are being "massaged". Fake numbers for unemployment and inflation.

By and large the MSM doesn't question. How about that non dangerous radiation coming from Japan?

Apollo program, the moon landings, but let's not go there. You could add to the list, but the list of truth telling would be much shorter.

In Sept. watch what TPTB do, not say. Preparations for martial law? Don't expect any general warnings or evacuations. Casualties don't count anymore.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gastrok

Well, it's not my theory, just one proposed by others. According to the JPL, Elenin has been within the orbit of Jupiter since early August 2010. As of June 25th of this year, it will be within the orbit of Mars. Supposedly the “comet” is not a comet at all, but is instead a brown dwarf star, which theoretically would have a much heavier mass and greater gravitational pull. Again, this is not my theory. It’s just a common point of interest that others use to “prove” that Elenin is in fact, not a comet.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
very nice post. well thought out and informative. i like your style. i'm unsure what elenin is, but the theory of it being a very large object is becoming plausible.

keep up the good work

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

I don’t doubt for one second that TPTB will go to any cost to cover up information. I would just hope, and perhaps this is my own naiveté, that in the “final moments” when they know that all humanity will be lost, just before scurrying into their lavish little bunkers, they would for once tell us the truth.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Are you saying the unemployment figures are faked and the problem isn't as bad as reported or that it's actually worse than reported?

Amaster, really thought provoking thread, I'd hope as many who have read the Elenin info before on ATS allow this all to sink in. Plus I must commend you on putting it into simpler terms for those who may not understand the more scientific posts about the subject so again, thanks for being able to include those too as well as the rest of us.

S&F

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Ah...OK. Thanks for the clarification. From what I understand a comet's tail begins to appear once it's inside the orbit of Mars, so we'll know if it's a comet or not in about 1 months time.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

edit on 30-5-2011 by Gastrok because: dublicate

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gastrok

Due to our current position in relation to Elenin and the Sun, the full extent of the comets tail will not be seen until mid August.

the size of the comet’s coma has exceeded 100,000 km, and probably in reality the coma is still larger,

spaceobs.org

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

www.electricuniverse.info...

www.iki.rssi.ru...

www.es.ucsc.edu...

Given how long the earth has had a magnetosphere, with how long we have been able to actively observe it, no one person may conclusively say that interactions of other magnetic fields do not affect our planet whether it is the core or the magnetosphere, it makes no sense that the magnetic fields of other planets, bodies and objects would have no effect on our own magnetic field. if Comet Elenin is real, you can more than likely bet it will affect us one way or the other, but we simply have NO-WAY-OF-KNOWING-YET.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by Gastrok

Due to our current position in relation to Elenin and the Sun, the full extent of the comets tail will not be seen until mid August.

the size of the comet’s coma has exceeded 100,000 km, and probably in reality the coma is still larger,

spaceobs.org

I think a coma of that size is not atypical, in fact that's the approximate size of Halley's coma as well.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Earths magnetosphere is caused by the interaction of it's magnetic field with charged particles (e.g., solar wind). It's highly unlikely that a comet would have magnetic field because it's core would not be rotating liquid metal like the earths core.

Comets do, however have an induced magnetosphere (not a magnetic field) caused by solar radiation interacting with the comet. I don't think there is any way this induced magnetosphere could interact with the earth's magnetosphere unless there was a near collision. Fortunately Elinen won't get that close!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gastrok

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by Gastrok

spaceobs.org

I think a coma of that size is not atypical, in fact that's the approximate size of Halley's coma as well.

This is wild speculation so be warned. What if the size of the "coma" is really the size of the object itself? Remember this is speculation.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

yep, totally wild speculation!

62,200 miles!!!!
edit on 30-5-2011 by Gastrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Gastrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And then,what if it is dragging a rock a couple of kilometers wide in its tail that we are certainly going to pass thru....strike it lightning....gonna be a big bang for sure

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So I am a bit confused now, I saw the link provided on another ELE-nin thread that was from Cornell University indicating that Comet Elenin was known since at least 2007.

Cornell University Library

I am not taking credit for this link as it was provided in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, is it common sense now to realize that everything we are told is a lie?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gastrok
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Earths magnetosphere is caused by the interaction of it's magnetic field with charged particles (e.g., solar wind). It's highly unlikely that a comet would have magnetic field because it's core would not be rotating liquid metal like the earths core.

Comets do, however have an induced magnetosphere (not a magnetic field) caused by solar radiation interacting with the comet. I don't think there is any way this induced magnetosphere could interact with the earth's magnetosphere unless there was a near collision. Fortunately Elinen won't get that close!

Greetings:

Speaking of Earth's magnetosphere, perhaps we can add this to the mix:

Dodged a Solar Bullet

Member Phage is to be credited for this timely thread that we were privileged to add to.

I don't think there is any way this induced magnetosphere could interact with the earth's magnetosphere unless there was a near collision. Fortunately Elinen won't get that close!

Please define "near collision."

How close is "close?"

Thank you for your time and consideration.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So the big Kahuna of questions is ?

Will Elenin have any effect on earth ?

Is there such a thing as the dragonfly effect ?

Elenin is effecting earth no matter what is. Or at least our world. If only by this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join