It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Reports of Human Rights Abuses at Guantanamo Bay

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This has been in the UK news a lot lately. The atricle concerns three former prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, who are alleging that human rights abuses took place there. What is different from all other claims is that theirs are extremely specific and detailed, this being apparent in their descriptions of the abuses (detailed accounts of what had happened, or quotes from soldiers, etc.)

Read the article for full story.
Full Article




posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
No surprise. The US doesn't give a damn about human rights and international laws as it has shown in Guantanamo and around the world (depleted uranium weaponary and cluster bombs - and thats just the tip of the iceberg)

Also the US army seems to be full of sadists as Abu Gharib showed. Though apparently the soldiers were only following orders. It makes you wonder just how far up the chain of command these orders actually go. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Rumsfeld himself authorizing it.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm not buying it. They are looking for $$$ or fame or whatever.

Many people were released from Gitmo last year. They said they
were treated well and the younger prisioners were even allowed
school lessons. They ate better than they had at home in Iraq
and the other Muslim countries that they came from. They were
given medicine that they couldn't get. When they came in to Gitmo
they were given a complete medical exam. Some discovered that
they had diabetes and other illness'. We gave them free diabetes
treatments and meds. Same with the other illness'.

They were given prayer time, items to use in Muslim prayer, and
even Muslim appropriate foods.

Mistreated my a$$. I don't believe it at all.

Want to talk mistreatment? Our liberating soldiers were raped,
beaten and shot in the head by the terrorists in Iraq and
Afghanastan. Where is the world outrage for that?



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm not buying it. They are looking for $$$ or fame or whatever.

Many people were released from Gitmo last year. They said they
were treated well and the younger prisioners were even allowed
school lessons. They ate better than they had at home in Iraq
and the other Muslim countries that they came from. They were
given medicine that they couldn't get. When they came in to Gitmo
they were given a complete medical exam. Some discovered that
they had diabetes and other illness'. We gave them free diabetes
treatments and meds. Same with the other illness'.

They were given prayer time, items to use in Muslim prayer, and
even Muslim appropriate foods.

Mistreated my a$$. I don't believe it at all.

Want to talk mistreatment? Our liberating soldiers were raped,
beaten and shot in the head by the terrorists in Iraq and
Afghanastan. Where is the world outrage for that?

The US should feel obliged to give them the necessary medications they need, plus suitable treatment. This also applies to educating the inmates, and feeding them.

As for the 'liberating soldiers' - Iraq is not free. Sure it is more free than it was under Saddams' rule, but it is definitley not a free nation. It is run by the US under this guise to please the public (inc. the public of Iraq) and the media. When troops are withdrawn, and a proper democracy enstated, then it will be liberated.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Want to talk mistreatment? Our liberating soldiers were raped,
beaten and shot in the head by the terrorists in Iraq and
Afghanastan. Where is the world outrage for that?


OK firstly the US is not liberating Iraq. It is occupying it as it needs a future supply of oil. Secondly I have heard nothing of US soldiers being raped (though I have heard of US soldiers raping Iraqi women).

Also, though I do not directly support terrorists, if your country was invaded you would fight the invaders. You would want to hurt them after they killed 10 000 of the civilians of your country. Wouldn't you?



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I haven't heard of these cases of rape of Iraqi women either. Could you please provide a link to this story?
I have to agree with Eddie999 on this one - the US killed a lot of Iraqis during the war. If this happened in the US, you'd be pretty pissed wouldn't you?



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
darkcreation if you look through some of the news network's archive you'll find the reports near the Abu Gharib prison abuse scandal bit.

Edit: I've removed the link to a site with a report on it as I have been informed by AceofBase the it is incorrect and the pictures it uses are faked.

[edit on 5/8/2004 by Eddie999]



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
darkcreation if you look through some of the news network's archive you'll find the reports near the Abu Gharib prison abuse scandal bit. A link to another story is below but beware: *GRAPHIC AND SICKENING IMAGES*

joevialls.altermedia.info...

*GRAPHIC AND SICKENING IMAGES* *GRAPHIC AND SICKENING IMAGES*

The rape photos on that site are fake.

www.worldnetdaily.com...
A WND investigation has revealed that most of the photos are taken from the American pornographic website "Iraq Babes," and the Hungarian site, "Sex in War," which is linked to by the American site. Both websites are linked to by violent pornography sites and both describe Iraqi women -- played by "actresses" -- in vulgar terms.


I have read about acts of rape in Iraq but those photos do not depict those events.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very interesting article. Especially the part about 'Operation Phoenix'.
In any case, American abuse of the Iraqi people greatly outweigh the Iraqi abuse of Americans. The US takes captive 600 Muslims, kills over 10,000 Iraqi citizens in an unjustified and pre-emptive war (so called 'collateral damage'), and has the audacity to invoke an outcry when its' own soldiers are abused? It was to be expected.

AceOfBase, as for the rape pictures, it is to be expected that authorities will claim that they are 'staged porn'. Admitting that rape is taking place all over Iraq is hardly going to help Bush's presidential election campaign.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkcreation

AceOfBase, as for the rape pictures, it is to be expected that authorities will claim that they are 'staged porn'. Admitting that rape is taking place all over Iraq is hardly going to help Bush's presidential election campaign.


I never thought about that. Of course the authorities would say they were fake to discredit them. I wish I hadn't edited my original post now. Maybe I should unedit it. In the meantime - The Real Iraq



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
The Real Iraq


Damn that was a good song.

As far as those images. It is truely sad and depressing, that whole region hasnt seen peace since the dinosaurs. Its not just us that caused it, its been that way since ancient babylon.

I do believe it is terrible and sad that anyone, from either side has to fight and try to kill each other. There is no point in it, unfortunatly we live in a world of greed. Everyone wants more power and will do anything to take it. For Bush? what ever his reasons are, I don't even know anymore. For Jihadists? To fight for a religion that has been taken to the extreme. Its just not worth it, but humanity will not change.



posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, we do live in a world of greed, power and corruption. And it won't change - unless something very effective is done to put a stop to it, which I can't see happening in the near future. However, it is the small things that make all the difference. Maybe one day.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join