It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Becteria NDM-1 terrorizes Europe, 12 dead in Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just read the news that a new type of bacteria known as NDM-1 already took the lives of 12 people in Germany where the first symptoms began to show. Scientists already found new symptoms in different parts of Europe. The decease is found on vegetables and commonly on cucumbers.

"More than 50 patients in the UK are infected by a new kind of hospital infection, dangerous bacteria resistant to all penicillins antibiotics. It is only a matter of time when dangerous and potentially deadly infection will extend to the rest of Europe. This is the first time that such bacteria appeared in Europe. It produces an enzyme resistant to antibiotics. Scientists have named it NDM-1 (New Delhi-Metallo-1)"

Link:

1: www.webdoctoradvice.com...

2: www.inthenews.eu...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Update: 1200 people are reported to be hospitalized
edit on 30-5-2011 by IndiGo33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by IndiGo33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm the first to bump this. But you know, there's a thread right now about a guy who filmed himself saying what year it was for like thirty years in a row or something. People are on that thread worshiping him for some reason. It's only a deadly outbreak you're talking about here. Who cares when there's some guy who knows how to use a video camera on himself right?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So from the 2nd article...well link in it to an ap article, it said it's from veggies imported from Spain. My question is it kept saying on the veggies...does that mean if they peeled them it would be safe to eat?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kittendaydreamer
So from the 2nd article...well link in it to an ap article, it said it's from veggies imported from Spain. My question is it kept saying on the veggies...does that mean if they peeled them it would be safe to eat?

It is reported that the infections is found "in" the vegetables not on them, therefore peeling wont really make a big difference. I have a feeling MSN is going to push the crowd into mass hysteria again, just like it did with the Swine Flu outbreak

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
UPDATE: New symptoms now found in Canada and North America

Link: winnipeg.ctv.ca...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its worrying stuff when things are resisitant to antibiotics. I will be keeping my eye on this one s&f

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Spain says it wasn't us:

Official: No Evidence Spain Behind Cucumber Scare www.mail.com...-stage-related1-6

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Icke has a fascinating take on it, says it's a ploy:

"demonise organic food as a stepping stone to banning it." www.davidicke.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

The decease is found on vegetables and commonly on cucumbers.

Just to throw this out there, more specifically, it is tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce that are on the "warning list". That, at least, is what the media has been reporting here in Germany.

And as far as the tie to Spain goes, the government here isn't really putting the blame on them. There was just some evidence that some cucumbers from Spain were tainted. The ultimate source is unclear though. For all that is known, the cucumbers from Spain could have been tainted by cucumbers from elsewhere!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kittendaydreamer

My question is it kept saying on the veggies...does that mean if they peeled them it would be safe to eat?

I think that with this particular bacteria, the only way to be truly safe is to cook all your vegetables as that would kill the bacteria.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

can you still eat fruits?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK
reply to post by octotom

can you still eat fruits?

Yes, fruits aren't contagious for all we now

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Icke has a fascinating take on it, says it's a ploy:

"demonise organic food as a stepping stone to banning it." www.davidicke.com...

Hmm... Very Fascinating indeed

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Interesting Fact is that "Monsanto" has actually engineered the Agent Orange chemical during the Vietnam War, and we trust a company who created some of the most deadliest weapons to modify our food supplies? Wake up People.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yep
Threw out all the cucumbers we had at the restaurant in madrid a few days ago
as soon as we heard it.
What I've heard is that these cucumbers are from spain

It would be nice to know what part of Spain they are from
find the source and research from there.
any leads
spains a big place and has a lot of agricultural regions
edit on 30-5-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by A por uvas because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's a disease right? That means it should be cured by antibiotics. That is, if it isn't resistant. I haven't heard that it was in the Americas although I did see the Spanish government denying its involvement on CNN this morning.

1200 people hospitalized? That's big. From what I've heard that reminds me of the first months of the H1N1 outbreak in 2009.

Let's hope it doesn't mutate into something more.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

The Bacterium in question is as follows....

The German government has identified the pathogen as hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), a serious complication of a type of E. coli known as Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC), and said it had killed 14 people and made at least 329 ill

Its not New Dehli that has hospitalised, and killed via the cucumbers.

Link to Yahoo source....uk.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 31-5-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They are not even sure it's from cucumbers or other veggies. Germany was a bit quick with assuming that.

The first victems OUTSIDE of Germany (Netherlands, Sweden, etc) had recently visited Germany.

It could be something completely different than cucumbers!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Yeah, I agree. It was E-Coli I read about in the cucumbers too.

But at the end of the day we should be okay. Stuff gets resistant to antibiotics through our overuse of them all the time, anyway. I doubt it's anything to panic about and will probably fade away to nothing when the next scare comes along. Look at what happened to the bird flu panic when swine flu arrived.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join