It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manslaughter charges for seismologist who failed to predict Italian earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
www.mailonsunday.co.uk...

Last updated at 9:11 PM on 27th May 2011

Accusations of manslaughter against Italy's top seismologist for failing to predict a devastating natural disaster have been likened to a 'witch hunt' by leading geologists.

Enzo Boschi, president of Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), is now facing a trial - along with six others - for failing to predict an earthquake that killed 308 people in 2009.
The accusations were made by Italian Government officials, who say the scientists and technicians should have warned the pubic, it has been reported.

A spokesman for the U.S. Geological Society (USGS) told FoxNews.com: 'It has a medieval flavor to it -- like witches are being put on trial.'

snip

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Wow...

The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me...

Maybe they should also be sued for not creating enough money and jobs for people that need them (sarcasm intended.)

People are so frustrating these days..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If this guy is convicted it will mean an earthquake forecast about 10 times a day. Reminds me of how here in america weathermen always exaggerate snowstorm forecasts. They know if they underestimate a storm the public will be furious but an overestimate will be happily accepted.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Are they being accused by the government officials who failed to enact and enforce adequate building codes? What about the contractors who built the buildings that collapsed, and the real estate agents who failed to advise the buyers of the unsafe structures? What about home owners who failed to tear down their century old houses and rebuid to modern standards? Seems to me, they're all looking for a few scapegoats to carry the guilt that properly belongs to the many.

top topics

join