It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian colony?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I could have just titled this thread martian dots anomaly, but the idea of a colony keeps popping up.
the strong resemblance of an ant colony that is.

everybody is fascinated how ants travels and communicates. they are always on line and in tow.
well what i have are images of "dots" though they measure about 1 meter x 1meter .
but they run in a due north direction, assuming that they started from the south....
in some sections where theres a thick concentration, they resemble some kind of the old automation computer punched keys of yore or coded messages?

who knows?

at the end of the lines they just thinned out ...or simply cant be seen no more...
edit on 30-5-2011 by alphaMegas because: typo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They look like holes to me, maybe someone looking for food water or minerals maybe?
Do the proves in mars do that?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidEspinosa

some looks like square holes to me but most looks like on top of the ground structures. roughly 1 meter x 1 meter though there are some variations .
the probes that we have there now, if they are still operational only scrapes the surface and take photos and some hi tech system analyser. i doubt they can do whats these images seems to look like.
edit on 30-5-2011 by alphaMegas because: add info

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You see Mars Blueberries.

And you start a thread in the Space Exploration forum about them.

Here you will probably gather lots of stars and flags.

Learn more about them.

Mars Blueberries

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaMegas

Kinda resembles Nazca holes don't you think. nice catch.

edit on 30/5/11 by topdog65807 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

thanks for your "blueberries". but am no colorblind and i see no blues and berries. and in this thread i see none.
even in your wikilink , no blue images except for the written description of course.

maybe you can come up with something bluer than blue?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

These look like the Band of Holes located near Pisco Valley, Peru. I believe they are the same dimensions as well. Do you know if these pictures were lightend to emphasize the holes, or if is reflection? Because it looks as if there is something under the holes. The last pic shows this the clearest- maybe some type of underground facility. The ground looks elevated either way- maybe vent shafts?

S.T.
edit on 30-5-2011 by StonerThoughts because: wrong pic reference

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Simple search on Google Images will show you blueberries of different colors as well as blue. No wonder you didn't see blue from grayscale images.
Mars Blueberries

'Blueberries is a coined phrase', they are Martian spherules.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It looks like those marks are on the area where two sensors touch each other, so I guess it's a technical problem.

On the real photo (available here) you can see that those things are not on Mars' surface.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4daf80b3bc37.png[/atsimg]

PS: And some people don't understand why I say Google Earth/Mars/Moon is not the best tool to analyse photos...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It looks like those marks are on the area where two sensors touch each other, so I guess it's a technical problem.

On the real photo (available here) you can see that those things are not on Mars' surface.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4daf80b3bc37.png[/atsimg]

PS: And some people don't understand why I say Google Earth/Mars/Moon is not the best tool to analyse photos...

hi armap,

your "real photo" seems to muddle up the images i posted. i can't even see those things out there, and your attempt to blow out and zoom in makes the whole thing worse.Kind of, now you see now you dont.

that technical problem crossed my mind too.is that the final bid?

as usual your hi-rise reference is also full of "maybes".
heres a closer look them "dots with google version,

and this "zoomed in " image is really blewn over but i think this is the most they would like us to see.
just to show how far off your "real" photos are.

one thing for sure i didnt put those "dots out there in that Martian surface...

edit on 30-5-2011 by alphaMegas because: add photo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

As any photo or video that undergone Internet compression isn't as well. Nobody is going to discover anything from an internet compressed image and even more so by the extreme lossy compression Youtube regulates, especially from a Google earth, sky, moon or Mars or whatever they have now out there. You can say it looks like something you can imagine but usually it is an artifact from incomplete data or data merging.

I was just trying to offer some real realistic Martian geological uneasy to explain mineral deposits. But you see they are there and even earth has some very geometric and seemingly 'artificially constructed' natural geologic rarities, usually explained by the weather, tidal forces, ocean deposits, or localized mineral deposits of 'who cares' really why so rare. Maybe because we have yet to discover the myriad of mysteries about earth yet.

I'm sorry but I should never post on another 3rd party image interpretation thread ever again. The simple fact is you are NOT EVER going to discover anything from an image provider on the internet. It boggles the mind sometimes people think they can, I mean really.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
These are nothing but Martian sand dunes. Here are a couple of close ups...

NASA/JPL

NASA/JPL

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow those are interesting. Does anyone know NASA's explanation? I find the straight line questionable when you consider that a straight line sould actually appear to have a slight curvature matching the surface.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
your "real photo" seems to muddle up the images i posted. i can't even see those things out there, and your attempt to blow out and zoom in makes the whole thing worse.Kind of, now you see now you dont.
You cannot see those things that you posted because they are not on the image I posted, I would need a bigger image to show the whole area affected by what I think is a sensor problem.

The problem is that Google uses the same method YouTube uses to fake better images from compressed images, they blur them a little.
I zoomed it to 200% but forgot to say it.

Here is the area you posted next to the area I posted on my first post, this time at 100% zoom.

as usual your hi-rise reference is also full of "maybes".
"My" HiRISE image is based on the original images, the way you say it it looks like Google is the one taking the photos...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
what i have are images of "dots" though they measure about 1 meter x 1meter .
but they run in a due north direction

Originally posted by Illustronic
You see Mars Blueberries.
Mars Blueberries

For example, ranging in size from less than 100 micrometers to more than 250 micrometers, similar spherules were found in Moon soil samples collected by Apollo 12
There seems to be a size discrepancy. If the Mars and moon blueberries are about the size of the head of a pin, the 1 meter sized appearances in the photos are several orders of magnitude too large to be the same thing, right?

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
These are nothing but Martian sand dunes. Here are a couple of close ups...
Do they form in perfectly straight lines? Your examples don't show that.

Originally posted by ArMaP
You cannot see those things that you posted because they are not on the image I posted, I would need a bigger image to show the whole area affected by what I think is a sensor problem.

The problem is that Google uses the same method YouTube uses to fake better images from compressed images, they blur them a little.
My first impression was some kind of image problem, rather than an actual surface feature, I'm not sure how else to say it.

Whether it's caused by Google or not, I don't know, but Google Earth is infamous for creating image distortions in composite images, and other types of image distortions. Google Earth is the wrong place to look for imagery, I'd agree with that. Better to go to the original photos that Google used to make the imagery from, and see if the anomaly is on those.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

ohx,
your blue dots are really interesting. can you provide more info such as coordinates?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

with due respect, i did refer to your your link
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...
and dont have any contention on the image there.

it's the notations/narrative where i found the "maybes".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Maybe we could ask the Nazi Martians?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm sorry but I should never post on another 3rd party image interpretation thread ever again. The simple fact is you are NOT EVER going to discover anything from an image provider on the internet. It boggles the mind sometimes people think they can, I mean really.

dont be to harsh on yourself mate. to whom you should be sorry and what for? this is a public forum.
on my part i never have any inclination or illusion of discovering anything here but trying to bring up to some level of awareness to the possibilities that we are not the only sentient beings in this vast universe.

thats all for who knows?

and with
regards to your blueberries,

i do have some weird connections bout them blueberries in mars, and will start a new thread on it as soon as i collate my data...and here's an image i would like to share with you...please take note of the glowing bluish orb....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.

Could you please rephrase it? Thanks in advance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join