It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Every *SNIP* Day of My Life" - very heartbreaking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've just watched this documentary called "Every *SNIP* Day of My Life" or also known as "1 minute to 9"

MOD EDIT:

Originally produced two years ago as "One Minute to Nine," this documentary finally arrives at HBO with a somewhat more in-your-face title -- and, in a stark, spare way that has come to characterize the pay channel, delivers a pretty bracing wallop. A harrowing portrait of domestic abuse, the project draws heavily on video shot by the dead abuser, as his wife, Wendy Maldonado, spends her final days of freedom before going to jail for his murder. The net result is every bit as chilling and depressing as one might expect. Includes captions for the hearing impaired.

More Info HERE....HBO: One Minute To Nine

and HERE...

Wendy & Randy Maldonado, you have my respect.

It's so sad to see them getting jailed for over 75 months, his mother even or 120 months. Pfft... rapists only get sentenced to jail for a couple of years and get a therapy... but now you Americans are paying even MORE taxes to get heros and defenders into jail...

Did she and her son deserve to be jailed? This really pisses me off...it's really beyond me as to why they have gotten such a harsh punishment. Sometimes I think that the judges are nothing more than machines..

Please only comment if you have watched the documentary.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Video Links - Please Read!
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on May 30th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: add mod notes and snippet of what these videos are.....please read the T&C

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Ooh, I remember hearing about this a while back and wanting to see the film. Thanks for posting this I will watch it!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A short summation for those of us using dial up and dsl would be nice. Then there are those of us that like to speed read a story to see if there is any relevant info that needed advertised. Just a thought.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Here's an article on it. Wendy Maldonado

I watched a few minutes of the video and got sick. I can't watch it. Needless to say, I don't have all the information and cannot make a judgment on it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No, I think I need more than what you want, please OP, tell us what you really think and why do you feel that we too should be subjected to the facts of this Monster?

I do not need to go beyond the first video, I probably would form a more defining stance if I watched the entire video series but it only allows the Monster a voice too! I will not give him that privilege for me to hate him more than after just the first video with his reaction to the deer!

Prison will be her comfort for now; her son, he may never recover and be human. He was not given that opportunity right from the moment half his DNA was given to him by that Monster.

Is it me, or does anyone else see a Monster from the moment you look into his eyes? I can see that there is something wrong with this man!

She knew the truth and she continued until she felt it necessary to save her own life (I don't want to know the details). She is saved! She will serve her time and she may finally find herself; something that she never was given the chance at.

Only thing to do is to forgive, but how do you forgive a Monster who destroys lives?

I am a heartfelt person and I can imagine the worst scenarios imaginable; my task in this world is to keep those Monsters out and hope that some small semblance of innocence can remain to the end. It just might save my soul.

Tell us how you feel OP, not just "oh she got a harsh sentence" or "bad judge"; youth acting in the capacity of Marriage can not excuse the inability to stand for what is right, especially to the ones we Love! You simply must walk away, for your own sake!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is a very heartfelt situation for me as I have experienced crazy domestic violence myself.

Having said that, the middle of the last vid Wendy tells the judge that she accepted a plea deal because she couldn't trust that a jury would make the right decision. When the judge hands down his sentence, he explains to her that she can file in a higher court jurisdiction for "Justifiable Homicide" but that his court couldn't hear it. So she may have another chance at freedom.

Seeing the publicity this case got I wouldn't be surprised if they both don't get a pro bono lawyer and get another trail based on what the judge said.

In her soul she may believe that she deserves jail time to make peace with God and pay for her personal guilt for her actions and the damage done to her family. If she has any self esteem, it would be miracle.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I watched the whole documentary. Very disturbing. My heart goes out to Wendy and her boys. I've seen domestic violence and abuse as a victim and as a cop and it is always messy and complicated.

The thing that really gets to me though is the justification used in the court to put this family through more sufferring after they have already been through more than any family should have to bear. I understand that a man lost his life but he was a danger to his entire family.

They have managed to remove common sense and decency from the justice system in the name of blind justice. I contend that if you do not include common sense and decency when looking at a case, then it isn't really justice at all..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Coming from some one who grew up in a very abusive home,and a person who was abused, I will tell you, that I do not believe they are justified in killing this man. Yes, he was very abusive to them. he did awful things.... But you know what? There are legal ways to get him out of their life. They chose the highly illegal route.

What he did was wrong and what they did was wrong as well.

There is a saying, two wrongs don't make a right. That rings true here. They got off pretty easy actually... They killed a man, their punishment could have been a lot worse.

That's about all I can say, and I was abused as a child... so... For what that is worth.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I understand and sympathize with your point. I am very sorry you were a victim of abuse, also. I know the feeling. However, you would be surprised at how little can be done legally in many cases like this. I saw it all the time.

As was said in the docu, he threatened to kill her if she ever told anyone what was going on. Many times we have arrested and removed people from their home for abuse/domestic violence only to have them back out the next day. It can be hard to get anything to stick. Then there is the real possibility that the abused may end up dead because of the abuser. You can get a restraining order but is that going to stop a violent madman from exacting revenge? My experience tells me no.

In my state if there is evidence of any property damage or abuse we would remove the individual responsible and it was up to the prosecutor as to whether or not they would be charged and not the victim. This was because many of the victims are either too scared to press charges or are convinced it is their own fault that they are abused.

It is a messy situation to be sure but keep in mind that in many cases there are few ways out of these abusive relationships.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Redwookieaz because: S&G

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
why do you feel that we too should be subjected to the facts of this Monster?

...society cant learn to recognize families in horrible situations or learn how to help them if the truth is always pushed into the shadows and ignored...

I do not need to go beyond the first video, I probably would form a more defining stance if I watched the entire video series but it only allows the Monster a voice too!

...the video series wasnt about giving aaron maldonado a voice... it was about the voices of wendy and her kids, as well as the penalty that she and her eldest son have to pay for stopping the violence perpetrated by their husband / father...

Prison will be her comfort for now; her son, he may never recover and be human. He was not given that opportunity right from the moment half his DNA was given to him by that Monster.

...its arrogant to presume that prison is a comfort for wendy - and - its downright ugly to presume what you have about randy... i've seen no evidence that aaron's issues were genetic... the culprit could have been solely environmental or a genetic predisposition agitated by a hostile environment... we dont know...

She knew the truth and she continued until she felt it necessary to save her own life (I don't want to know the details). She is saved! She will serve her time and she may finally find herself; something that she never was given the chance at.

...if you had watched the entire series of video, you wouldve heard wendy say (over and over) that she didnt understand all the whys of aaron's behavior or her own...

Only thing to do is to forgive,

...thats her and her kids decision to make...

but how do you forgive a Monster who destroys lives?

...i think its wrong to say the lives of wendy and her kids were destroyed by aaron... it devalues / minimalizes their life experiences... if they want to say he destroyed their lives, thats their call to make but its certainly not yours or mine or anyone elses, imo...

youth acting in the capacity of Marriage can not excuse the inability to stand for what is right, especially to the ones we Love! You simply must walk away, for your own sake!

...research stockholm syndrome... it might help you gain a better understanding of why walking away is not always an option...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz

I understand and sympathize with your point. I am very sorry you were a victim of abuse, also. I know the feeling. However, you would be surprised at how little can be done legally in many cases like this. I saw it all the time.

Oh, I know that very well, I have worked with kids who have been abused, actually... I do know the short comings of the legal system, both from experience with others, as well as personally.

But any short comings of the law is no excuse for murder. There are so many ways to get out of an abusive relationship.

Women's shelters exist for people who have escaped from abusive men. They keep the locations of these places very secret for the same of protect the women and children that go there.. The downside to that though is that not all women who need help may know how to find it...

There are many ways to get away from an abusive person, that do not involve what took place in this documentary... I just want that to be known...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

You are right on pretty much all accounts, and we are talking about the murder of another human being. It is not something to be taken lightly.

I have taken women and children to battered women shelters before. They are an invaluable resource to those families. The down side is that sometimes there is not enough room or funding for every person who could benefit from it.

I have also found that some women just don't know what resources are available to them and then their helplessness leads to violence.

I will say that we started handing out information on the shelters to those in abusive relationships that contacted us. Many others like Wendy though have no contact with cops before things go bad.

Anyway, thanks for your insight. Sometimes when you see things through anger or frustration it helps to have someone else offer a different perspective. I still feel that her punishment is not just but it is definately not a black and white subject.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sorry for posting a little late; I had my final exams last week.

No, I think I need more than what you want, please OP, tell us what you really think and why do you feel that we too should be subjected to the facts of this Monster?

I do not need to go beyond the first video, I probably would form a more defining stance if I watched the entire video series but it only allows the Monster a voice too! I will not give him that privilege for me to hate him more than after just the first video with his reaction to the deer!

Is it me, or does anyone else see a Monster from the moment you look into his eyes? I can see that there is something wrong with this man!

Only thing to do is to forgive, but how do you forgive a Monster who destroys lives?

I am a heartfelt person and I can imagine the worst scenarios imaginable; my task in this world is to keep those Monsters out and hope that some small semblance of innocence can remain to the end. It just might save my soul.

Tell us how you feel OP, not just "oh she got a harsh sentence" or "bad judge"; youth acting in the capacity of Marriage can not excuse the inability to stand for what is right, especially to the ones we Love! You simply must walk away, for your own sake!

I didn't want to give the violent husband a voice. I merely wanted to say that the arresting of the mother and her son is not justified and this is why:

gimme_some_truth ( I hear you!) suggested that they should have gone to the police. Yeah... They would if they didn't knew that he was going to come out someday. If you've watched the documentary, she said that her husband was going to kill her whole family once he came out of jail.

Don't tell me YOU WOULD go to the police... and know that once he has gotten out after 3-5 years (because he actually wouldn't have killed anyone at that time) he would kill all of your family; your cousins, your parents, your kids and yourself...

No offense, but to say that prison will be their comfort now is just pathetic. Do you really think the children will have a better life now? Without any of their parents? She will miss how their children are growing up, becoming mature and such. I'm certain that you are quite lonely in jail.. and not to mention all the gangs beating you up because they have nothing to lose anyway (life sentence). And that poor boy's life is also messed up. Not being able to do all the things teenagers would usually do... you know...

It feels like the laws are portraying them as blood thursty murderers, but they are not... they haven't done this out of joy.. it was pure defence imho; sooner or later one of them would have died, if not everyone.

top topics

join