It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Jazeera footage captures 'western troops on the ground' in Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
all war

is based

on deception

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
isn't this how vietnam started. they first sent military advisers, then they senta few hundred, then a few thousand and so on.

and it's exactly the same, a half assed war with their hands tied, because they are trying to fight a war without actually fighting one.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Agreed, but folks are too comfortable and cozy.
As long as they can afford to buy food from a freshly stocked store and they have their droid phones, there is electrical and water for their houses, nothing will change.
The general consensus is if it is not happening to me it is fine.
Then you have the folks who have too much invested into the Gumment, it is where their paycheck comes from, maybe they have lost a family member and cannot stand the thought their loved one died for a corporations bottom line and not for freedom.
They are just too comfortable, but someday it has to change.
And it will.
But for now, it is just some brown men dying and the well manicured man in the suit on tv says the brown men wanted to die anyway because their God is inferior to mine.

Yes, people actually believe that crap.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Old news. SAS confirmed they had boots on the ground the in the first few days of the campaign. They were used as security for European businessmen being evacuated.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by joe12

Why is this old news? Just because they tell you there are boots on the ground.

This tells me what kind of boots are on the ground.

These are not spotters, look at their outfit. No vest, nothing.

They are so casually dressed that they must have a base nearby.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In what way is this conflict illegal?

And are you aware that 1973 did not forbid “boots on the ground” it forbade an occupation force, this is not an occupation force.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

They are casually dressed because they are spooks. When you're special forces and you're inserted into enemy territory, you don't try to look like a soldier unless you want to die.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
This now is video of them; more proof of the lies.

Gates, testifying before the House of Representatives armed services committee, repeatedly denied that there were any plans for American soldiers to go into Libya. "Not as long as I am in this job," he said at one point.

Who says the advisors are American?

Come to think of it who says they are troops from any national, armed forces at all? I am going to bet those "western troops" are multinational, private military contractors aka. "mercenary forces."

It's all about setting up plausible deniability.

Plausible deniability refers to the denial of blame in loose and informal chains of command where upper rungs quarantine the blame to the lower rungs, and the lower rungs are often inaccessible, meaning confirming responsibility for the action is nearly impossible. In the case that illegal or otherwise disreputable and unpopular activities become public, high-ranking officials may deny any awareness of such act or any connection to the agents used to carry out such acts.

In politics and espionage, deniability refers to the ability of a "powerful player" or actor to avoid "blowback" by secretly arranging for an action to be taken on their behalf by a third party—ostensibly unconnected with the major player.
]
edit on 5/31/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I know how the SAS looks like.

Anyways, I meant that we have to get out of that place. Help them but not in this way.

We called them the NLA now btw.

They are casually dressed because they are spooks. When you're special forces and you're inserted into enemy territory, you don't try to look like a soldier unless you want to die.

They look like soldiers, so what are you talking about.

edit on 31/5/11 by sevensheeps because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join