It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea can now launch nukes with missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What? This is terrible news. Unemployment will be on the rise in North Korea now. Wheras it previously took a team of twelve men to haul that warhead to the border and chuck it over the fence, now it just takes one dude with a remote control.

"A south Korean businessman" - oh yeah, there's where I'm gonna get my scoops on the North Korean military from, ahtellyuhwhut

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Remember that movie Team America.. America! Fk yea!

Deebo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

here's the game trailer and watch the whole THING www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Deebo

here's the game trailer and watch the whole THING www.youtube.com...

Cool but I do not understand. This is not a game thread. You lost me somewhere.

Deebo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

What I'm saying is that the events in the game trailer is getting to the edge of reality

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We can now launch nukes with baby nukes that release multiple missiles

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
1 - NK hasn't shown the capability to launch a missile that can hit CONUS. Their biggest direct threat is to SK and Japan - neither of which China wants to loose as a trading partner over NK.

2 - US shouldn't provide *anything* as a result of nuclear (or any other hostile) blackmail - let 'em build their naval bases and starve in the process.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Yes, they will launch their 2 nukes at the states, and get everyone of them shot down.
If they nuke anything, it would be S. Korea, and nothing else.

2 Nukes? And the US will shoot them down?

You fail to see the difference between a regular little missile with a "small nuclear warhead" and an icbm or a high altitude bomber carrying a tsar bomba.

Besides the swarm of missiles that the US cant shoot down (perhaps small missiles flying low and not 2 but like 100 carrying that small warhead) you have to consider that it has to be a surprise attack after the fragile US power grid being taken down - which is actually pretty easy as you well know - well you and everyone else of course.

So no... the US wont shoot anything down and will take it all in the face before even knowing whats happening. Now the outcome is something entirely different, but the attack itself is pretty much possible and theres not much the US can do against it - the only thing preventing the attack is the possibilities of US reactions and aftermath of an event of such magnitude, considering of course the nuclear power of the united states. The US can turn NK into a glass parking-lot overnight but the fist blow, they would have to sustain it with no chance of defense.

Little kim is not crazy as some may think. And he wont nuke south korea because they want to conquer it, not destroy it, and they can capture seoul in around 2 hours. So that little warhead is going somewhere, but certainly not south korea. For south korea is just a scare tactic, but still they know they cant do anything against NKs army in case of an invasion, for only in shear numbers it dwarfs southkorea military power.

The only thing preventing the NK invasion of SK has been the US presence there... but since the US has their army spread so thin, I dont think thats an issue anymore because the US cant defend SK in case of a full blown invasion.

Problem with NKs actions are not the actions themselves which are of easy execution, but the repercussions of such actions. Its not about today... its "what about tomorrow?".

And if China enters the conflict it may force the US to back down and their first step to pressure the US will be to capture taiwan... or they will pull the plug on the US and the US will crumble that very second... from the inside. Not one shot fired from a chinese against an american. Or the US face the yellow menace head-on, despite the consequences. That is up to the US... still they face the probability of separation of the states either way.

And... of course the terrible chain-reaction around the world it could initiate... iran, syria, lebanon, egypt, and israel.

And lets not bring russia to the equation.

Plus I never quite got the idea how japan can be a US ally. I know if I was japanese, I was itching to get some payback from hiroshima and nagasaki. But like any shogunate, they will strike too without warning, specially when the US needs them the most. Like a Katana, it will be one blow, one kill.

And then theres the big question. What about europe... will they act? Or will they wait for the right moment to show up and end the conflict and win the day as heroes... like the US did in WW2?

Its not a good time to be an american these days... I tell you, the US is facing its karma now.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Yes, they will launch their 2 nukes at the states, and get everyone of them shot down.
If they nuke anything, it would be S. Korea, and nothing else.

Or you know, they could put one in a torpedo, and launch it in Tokyo bay... or sink a US aircraft carrier.

Originally posted by TREASONFX
A south korean businessman ?? OOOH i can smell the propaganda already its gonna be BIG

I understand you laughing at the source. Thing is, SKorean intelligence reports, with information coming from actual NKorean defectors who worked on the NKorean nuclear program said that NKorea was aiming at a ``by 2012`` date for delivery...it seems they were correct. If a nuke can fit into a torpedo, it can fit into a missile.

Originally posted by Quyll
Can't we all just get along?

Nope. You can't get along with people who want to enslave you.

Originally posted by jude11
I think that just like always, N. Korea will shout and thump their chests but they are not stupid enough to use any nuke in an aggressive manner. They will use it as a promise of retaliation if attacked by the US or S. Korea.

That's what analysts say. But with Obama appearing weak, or if it were to happen after a big dollar crash...or if China were to say a nuke attack on NKorea is a nuke attack on China... then I doubt Obama would retaliate. But the chances of that happening are almost nil.

Originally posted by jude11
The real issue IMO is the US going ahead with the F-16 sale to Taiwan in the face of warnings from China and if Taiwan decides to ramp up it's solidarity stance. That's an ego buster for China and China has had enough of the US in the middle of tensions with Taiwan.

Yeah especially with the elections coming up in January.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
"A south Korean businessman" - oh yeah, there's where I'm gonna get my scoops on the North Korean military from, ahtellyuhwhut

So why again the SKorean intelligence didn't deny the reports? Oh yes, because NKorean defectors had proof NKorea was almost there.

Originally posted by userid1
1 - NK hasn't shown the capability to launch a missile that can hit CONUS. Their biggest direct threat is to SK and Japan - neither of which China wants to loose as a trading partner over NK.

China has not forgotten WW2 crimes. Not to mention, most Chinese hate SKoreans. And Japan is bankrupt.

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Little kim is not crazy as some may think. And he wont nuke south korea because they want to conquer it, not destroy it, and they can capture seoul in around 2 hours.

Without Chinese help, I doubt that. But yeah NKorea would not nuke SKorea. Probably use chemical/biological weapons against military bases/rally points, but certainly not cities.

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturniSo that little warhead is going somewhere, but certainly not south korea.

Indeed. The ONLY possible city I wouldn't discount NKorea nuking Busan port... to stop any resupply of ammo/weapons/troops...but that's the only SK city...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you gotta ask yourself, "what do NK want?"

McDonalds? KFC? Krispy Kreme?

or maybe they just want to be in Google Maps...... (check it out they are blank)

does that HAARP thingy work in NK?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Oh... I didnt remember the Busan port. Yes it can be used there... I missed it.

My bad. You're right.

Nice reply

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

China has not forgotten WW2 crimes. Not to mention, most Chinese hate SKoreans. And Japan is bankrupt.

Does that also suppose that China has forgotten they have less than 10% of the available US nuclear arsenal available to them?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Does that also suppose that China has forgotten they have less than 10% of the available US nuclear arsenal available to them?

And? China isn't afraid of nuclear war. The US is. And they have more than 10% of the available US nuclear arsenal.

From Chinese sources I've seen over the years, China has 1000+ nukes, enough to wipe out everything important in the US. And that is just the Chinese nukes. Russia is on China's side.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Man... china OWNS the US.

You did forget that slight detail didnt you?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

What's the relative value in today's market of a slag heap?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wait a sec.. has NK actually gotten something in the air that didn't blow up within 30 seconds?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The war in the Pacific had to end as soon as possible. What were the Western allies supposed to do? Just sit down and give them a chance to win? Not likely!

Actually, Japan was within days of surrendering. President Truman had to hurry to drop the bombs before zjapan officially surrendered. The world wanted a real test ground and they got it.

That was test test run, the real nuclear war to be launched within the next three years

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
Wait a sec.. has NK actually gotten something in the air that didn't blow up within 30 seconds?

Wait a sec, their short range missiles actually work.

They would just need to put the nuke on a torpedo/short range missile... go in Tokyo bay/Guam... and booooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by userid1

And? China isn't afraid of nuclear war. The US is. And they have more than 10% of the available US nuclear arsenal.

From Chinese sources I've seen over the years, China has 1000+ nukes, enough to wipe out everything important in the US. And that is just the Chinese nukes. Russia is on China's side.

LOL - Russia is on China's side????? Russia fears them one hell of lot more than we do since they're next door neighbors, AND Russia has a lot more natural resources (including just plain land) than China does which would make china self-sufficient.

I'm not sure what you're using for "sources" but let's take one that has no dog in this fight - Wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

Now, tell me what percentage of those Chinese nukes are a direct threat to the US mainland?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They need these Nukes as a deterrence against US.

My perspective in the nuclear weapon politics is that either all nations should have nukes, or none.

Since the nations which already have nukes are not willing to dismantle their weapons, then it is only logical at current time for all nations to have them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join