It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea can now launch nukes with missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If this report is true, this is very bad news.

S. Korean businessman claims N. Korea developed small nuclear warhead

A South Korean businessman claimed Monday that North Korea has succeeded in mounting a nuclear warhead on a missile that can reach the United States.

Kim Young-il, the head of a small South Korean firm that has business ties with North Korea, said he heard the information from a person familiar with the North's missile development about a month ago.

And it seems the SKorean intelligence has either no idea... or don't want to create panic.
Steve Herman, VOA journalist

#ROK intel agency declines comment on claim #DPRK has achieved capability to place small nuke weapon on missile. #Korea

As for the ``first use`` policy from NKorea... Analysts say NKorea wouldn't use nukes first... they would only used them if invaded. As for targets, NKorea would probably not nuke their ``brothers`` SKoreans, but they would certainly nuke Guam/Tokyo/Okinawa or a passing US battlegroup...

Also more threats from NKorea :

Fresh warnings today directed at #ROK from #DPRK military. KPA to cut N-S military communication along east coast & Mt Kumgang liaison ofc.

#DPRK Nat'l Defense Comm. threatens "physical action without any notice any time against any target" in wake of ROK "psychological warfare."

Threats aired today on #DPRK Central Broadcasting Station newscast from Pyongyang at 1700 KST.

And NKorea will not talk to the South anymore :
N. Korea says it will not engage with South Korea anymore

Add this to the fact that Little Kimmy just came back from China... and just after, he starts with the threats and the propaganda... me thinks China has given him some military backing/assurances/hardware.

Little Kimmy wants nuclear talks and food aid. But the US won't agree to talks and SKorea will not agree to let the US/EU give food aid to NKorea unless they improve their relation...

And NKorea needs that food for the ``great year 2012``... which is supposed to be a year of prosperity, it will be the 100th anniversary since the birth of Kim Il Sung, the founder of NKorea.

So they wouldn't be making all those threats if they didn't have some additional backing from China... which Kim secured in his trip...

And also this...
NK Nears Completion of Naval Base Construction

North Korea is known to be completing the construction of a naval base near the tense Yellow Sea border.

A high-level South Korean government official said that a ground facility to store air-cushioned vessels was spotted at the naval base, which is being built in Goampo, Hwanghae Province.
He added that the construction is in the stage of completion.

Of course would be used to invade the contested border islands.

And this China backing might be due to this :
Taiwan welcomes US Senate push for F-16 sale

This is a BIG no-no for China.

And add that Taiwan is gonna have new elections in January 2012 and if the ``anti-China`` party wins, China is not gonna take it passively. Back in 2008 :

The Chinese military was prepared to go to war should the Beijing-friendly candidate Ma Ying-jeou lose the 2008 president election, Tsai wrote, citing Taiwan and US intelligence.

Also a new leader in China in 2012, a more aggressive one will take power.

They are already pretty aggressive.
New clash in South China Sea

Vietnam has accused China of escalating the long-running dispute over control of the South China Sea after three Chinese patrol boats confronted and damaged an oil exploration ship operated by PetroVietnam, the state-owned oil and gas company.

And...
China sets up military cyber-warfare team: report

China's military has set up an elite Internet security task force tasked with fending off cyberattacks, state media reported Friday, denying that the initiative is intended to create a "hacker army".

And...
2 Chinese jets enter RP skies, ‘harass’ PAF aircraft in Spratlys

Two Chinese jet fighters were reportedly monitored recently along the vicinities of the Philippine-occupied Kalayaan Group of Islands (KGI) and allegedly harassed two Philippine Air Force (PAF) aircraft that were conducting reconnaissance patrol on the disputed South China Sea.

And...
New China missile unit near Taiwan: spy chief

Taiwan's top intelligence chief said China had deployed a new missile unit near the island, a lawmaker revealed Thursday, sparking concerns about the fragility of ties with the mainland.

The whole thing is a powder keg... we'll see. The food aid decision (coming in late June) could spark things off if it's negative.

Hopefully, this is not May 1950.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

YAY!!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow, Kim-Young Il giving us info about Kim-Jung Il....

I know, it's a common name, but the similarity just screamed at me!

That part of Asia is becoming as volatile (if not more) than the Balkans now, wow!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
even if it were true, do they have the state of the art cave to launch it from? I hear the Taliban negotiated a trade deal, prime real estate caves in return for western culture trinkets.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes, they will launch their 2 nukes at the states, and get everyone of them shot down.
If they nuke anything, it would be S. Korea, and nothing else.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Yes, they will launch their 2 nukes at the states, and get everyone of them shot down.
If they nuke anything, it would be S. Korea, and nothing else.

They'd probably try and take out the US base @ Okinawa with one.
But there would be 15 headed to Pyonyang before Okinawa even got hit, so it would be suicide on their part

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A south korean businessman ?? OOOH i can smell the propaganda already its gonna be BIG

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Scary stuff! Just what the world needs, another unstable, nuclear armed country, and now with a means to deliver it.

Pakistan is frightning enough and Iran is undoubtedly working towards their own nuclear capabilities. Rumor has it Saudi Arabia has started to work on their own project, and has purchased more than one type of nuclear capable missles in the past. www.susris.com...

Nuclear proliferation frightens me. As a child of the Cold War, i can tell you the day the wall fell was one of the happiest days of my life. I felt a huge weight off my shoulders, as during the Cold War and especially during the frightening early Reagan days, nuclear conflict could have occured at any moment.

I dont want to see this all happening again. And nuclear weapons in the hands of zealots and religious non-secular countries such as Iran frightens me very much.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Play frontline

Opening video, korea takes over the world

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Excellent thread - well done, S & F. Thanks for compiling all the most up-to-date and relevant info in the most relevant forum!

The 'masterplan' for three world wars allegedly involves (as a deliberately controlled prelude) China invading Taiwan. With the rest of the region looking so bloody unstable, and with China playing the Asian schoolyard bully, these are no small problems developing before our collective eyes.

Fingers crossed that we will all be ready, in whatever ways we can be ready, when this thing goes off. As I expect it will. Because the NWO douches don't bring us this far and then get a change of heart at the eleventh hour.

Factions seem to be rising to counter the NWO. However, Iran and China don't come highly placed on the Forbes ''Best of the best conquering overlords'' list.
I only hope that we find a way to lead ourselves out of this twisted disaster of a horror show of a subversion of our collective Human Legacy.

PS -

with the globalists, fascists, slave-driving communistic half-tards and jumped up little psychopaths.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Where do you get that the NWO is orchestrating a Chinese attack on Taiwan from? Sources or links would be nice.

Definately a potential flashpoint. I certainly see this as a possibility in the future, but have no idea why you think the so-called NWO is planning it.

edit on 30-5-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think that just like always, N. Korea will shout and thump their chests but they are not stupid enough to use any nuke in an aggressive manner. They will use it as a promise of retaliation if attacked by the US or S. Korea.

The real issue IMO is the US going ahead with the F-16 sale to Taiwan in the face of warnings from China and if Taiwan decides to ramp up it's solidarity stance. That's an ego buster for China and China has had enough of the US in the middle of tensions with Taiwan.

It won't be N. Korea that sparks a WW3 scenario. It'll be the US poking it's nose into yet another situation that has nothing to do with them.

Just an opinion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We can't be the only badass's on the block to own them. Them having a nuke is probably the only thing keeping us from raping them too.

Deebo
edit on 30-5-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What's creepy is that if true then this was foretold in the game called Homefront. Here is the backstory trailer

www.gametrailers.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I wanna see our country (not really) fight a real army. Not some "insurgents" with a red shoe on the left foot, blue on the right, and an adidas shirt. Lets fight a real army.. Bet our ass's would be handed to us quicker than we think.

Deebo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good for them ,now they have protection against a country that has already dropped 2 nukes on other countries.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Well the game homefront shows it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Deebo

Well the game homefront shows it.

Wacha mean?

Deebo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
Good for them ,now they have protection against a country that has already dropped 2 nukes on other countries.

For starters it is country not countries! The war in the Pacific had to end as soon as possible. What were the Western allies supposed to do? Just sit down and give them a chance to win? Not likely!
edit on 30-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join