It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospitals Scrambling for Meds Amidst Drug Shortage : FDA interference and STOCKPILING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Better add Morphine Sulphate and Oxycodone to that list,
Last trip to my pharmacy they had to send me elsewhere.
First time I've had that issue in 3 years.

That's the worst.

You'd think with us occupying the heroin capital of the planet that we would have an opiate surplus in the USA, not a shortage.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacefulwarrior3
reply to post by Advantage

They are trying to save or make more money! Even in the Uk basic things like paracetamol are being reduced from 500 mg to 200 mg (500 you used to be able to buy in most large supermarkets). Now the EEC have decided that the sale of natural herbs are going to be stopped (Now under final review after many objections). What you may find is that without the sale of natural products the pharmaceutical companies will end up controlling and selling these. My recommendation is learn plants and herbs. They are far superior to pharmacy medicine though some do have there benefit, but only if tried and tested over a number of years.

Control, control,control! This is your world, wake up and shout, this is not acceptable!
Love and Peace

Paracetamol (known to people in the US as acetomeniphen) is being reduced due to people often getting overdoses of it. A lot of products contain this product, and people stack doses of say, a sinus medication, on top of a headache medication, on top of a joint pain medication. Liver disease ensues, or worse, livers can be destroyed acutely.

The reduction of the amount is actually a good thing. If you're someone who wants or has to "get more" take one more pill.

Herbs and plants do have their place in medicine, but many people also think "oh this is natural, it cannot hurt me". Alot of products are VERY unsafe, but are marketed in sub categories that have no been evaluated by the FDA (or insert governing body here). They are often also misused as far as dosage by people who do not know enough, believe the 16 year old in the pharmacy, or think if it doesn't explicitly say only take XXX amount, that they can freely take as much as they want. You have heart damage, heart valve damage, liver damage and a myriad of other problems from "herbs".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I try to avoid medicine if I can. Especially antibiotics. Cipro almost killed me. After taking the second dose of this medicine, my heart rhythm went out of control. By the time I got to the ER I was heading into shock. My throat was swelling closed and couldn't breathe well.

There are many people taking medicine to stay alive, and it scares me to think of what could happen if these people were cut off.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
I try to avoid medicine if I can. Especially antibiotics. Cipro almost killed me. After taking the second dose of this medicine, my heart rhythm went out of control. By the time I got to the ER I was heading into shock. My throat was swelling closed and couldn't breathe well.

There are many people taking medicine to stay alive, and it scares me to think of what could happen if these people were cut off.

The profit motive is more important than human life.

Big pharma is just acting like the oil companies creating a shortage so they can jack up prices.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I've been a lurker for some time on ATS,but we are getting closer to a date that the Government wont tell anyone for fear of panic of the masses.I've been in the trucking industry for 20rs.I have hauled a lot of government loads to some of the most secure place's in this country.I have been told to go to end of road,or where the gate is, in the middle of nowhere and wait for contact from certain government people.They take the trailer and have me wait until they come back with the trailer.I cant say what i have hauled but do know where i have picked the loads up and what company's i'm at getting the load's.
The government has been stock pilling food stock's and medical stuff of all kinds.This is the first time that i actually saw something on the main street media about it.I also know a few guy's who have hauled industrial filtration equipment to these same place's.These are specially built for something very very big.Guy's are hauling stuff to place's that you wouldn't think any thing or any one would be at,middle of nowhere.Same thing drop trailer and wait until it's brought back.The amount of food that is being delivered is unbelievable.What is it all for?
I've never had to sign any paper's to stay silent.I hope by posting here nothing will happen to my livelihood.
Just one more thing for everyone to watch out for.A lot of people who i would say work for the government have been moving to where? If you live in place's like Florida,Virgina,Alabama and Colorado.Keep an eye out for people moving who work for the government and who are very secretive about where they are moving to,is a sign that they are moving certain people under ground.Why?
I hope that some one else who has been used to build these underground cities will come forward.Some one has to of worked on these place's who would be willing to tell there stories.
One last thing.Colorado,Montana,Virgina and Nevada are some of the place's that,well lets say are the location's that my friends and i have dropped trailer and waited for them to bring it back.I wonder if any under ground cities are in these states?
I think this is just the beginning of shortage's of medical supply's.Doesn't have nothing to do with these companies slowing down the manufacturing of said medical supplies.It's all about someone is hoarding them.Why?.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Though this has been going on for a number of years, asthma medication is becoming more and more controlled. They stopped selling it without a prescription for a number of years ago, but now they are really tightly controlling even prescription medications by limiting refills.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think a lot of stockpiling is happening in underground bunkers, with regards to medications.

I also think that large amounts of food,and medication that has been sent for disaster relief ,is also being funneled away,for stockpiling.

I remember watching the doctors in Haiti , going to the tents,to get medicine for their hospitals. There were tents with boxes,and boxes of supplies, and they gave the doctor,a small bag with a few items. wasn't nearly enough for what they needed. There are an incredible amount of donations given to these relief funds ,or bought by donated money..and it makes me wonder how much of it goes to help the victims,and how much is used for other purposes, one of those purposes being stockpiling for the elite.

edit on 1-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Had to chuckle when Obama brought Clinton and Bush on national TV to endorse their haiti relief fund...

Like I would ever give these two crooks ,one thin dime for their bogus charities. I was appalled that the president would even endorse them, but then again, he is part of the "elite" family.

edit on 1-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join