It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anthrax Killings... A Troubled Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I stumbled on this article which tells the tale of one Bruce Ivins, the guy who was set to be arrested for the anthrax letter attacks when he allegedly committed suicide by overdosing on Tylenol...

latimes.com

Bruce Ivins, who became a respected Army scientist and an authority on the laboratory use of anthrax, had a penchant for vendettas, especially against women.

He roamed the University of Cincinnati campus with a loaded gun. When his rage overflowed, the brainy microbiology major would open fire inside empty buildings, visualizing a wall clock or other object as a person who had done him wrong.

By the mid-1970s, Bruce Ivins had earned his doctorate and was a promising researcher at the University of North Carolina. By outward appearances, he was a charming eccentric, odd but disarming. Inside, he still smoldered with resentment, and he saw a new outlet for it.

This convenient end to the anthrax letters has never passed the smell test for me.. 5 years of FBI investigations before they finally get to Ivins?

Contrast this new article to one from last December that describes some testimony on the anthrax letters, and some info from Ivins' attorney about the last day of his client..

fredericknewspost.com

Nine years have passed since five people were killed and 17 sickened by anthrax spores mailed to lawmakers and news outlets, and it's been nine months since the FBI closed its investigation into those attacks.
But new information about the anthrax, the investigation and the suspect still continue to emerge.

On Nov. 29, the University of California's Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation hosted a seminar on the Amerithrax investigation. Experts have spent years doubting that Fort Detrick scientist Bruce Ivins committed the crime, as the FBI alleges, but they have never gathered to share their knowledge and theories until Monday's meeting at the university's Washington Center.

Could be just me, but I still have a hard time accepting the story as it is being presented today by the LA Times..

edit on Mon, 30 May 2011 11:37:56 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, something seems fishy about this...

The anthrax attacks served their purpose by fanning the flames for more strigent security regulations, and "legitmized" the Wars ME countries (although this was a domestic attack...)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You may want to look into the blog by Dr. Meryl Nass. She has a collection of articles concerning this issue and her site is interesting.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Thanks.. here's a link to the posting about this article..

anthraxvaccine.blogspot.com...

I wonder why the author of the piece in the LA TImes doesn't mention anything about the book he wrote that is getting ready to be released?..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I personally was disabled by the Vaccine which I was given in preparation for deployment. There was an interesting memo floating around recently (an older memo that is now released) that Ross Perot sent EDIT: ROVE in which they identified genetic connections for those of us that became ill. This whole issue from sick Veterans, to the Letters, to Ivins smells to the high heavens.
edit on 30-5-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: CORRECTION

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

How do you feel these are all tied together?

In Desert Shield/Storm at least for my unit, we went through some vaccinations in Saudi...

I remember that an anthrax vaccine was on the list, but to be honest I don't recall if I ever received that one..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How about you all read this........

www.ahrp.org...

then this report:

www.fda.gov...

Now BE worried!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it could go either way. It could be totally true, and it really did take them that long to track him down, and he really did do what they said he did, etc. and it was just seized upon to fan the flames of fear in the US at the time they wanted it to........................

Or it could have been more orchestrated.

The problem is, we really dont know how often something like that happens when the media doesnt choose to blow it all up out of proportion. And I dont specifically mean how often someone uses Anthrax, but how often someone kills people using chemicals or biological material they have access to via their job or field of study, etc.

I do remember one episode of forensic files where a guy dumped mercury in a womans car vents, (sloppily, which rendered it ineffective) and another where some guy working in a research facility took a known carcinogen and poisoned a whole extended family with it on a holiday. Killing two immediately, and leaving others to wait and wonder when they would get cancer. (And one killed himself because of the stress of that)

So..............................weird crap does happen in the US, because the media is so selective in what they hype up and WHEN they hype it up to promote political agendas, its very very hard to make an intuitive call on this one. In order for intuition to work well, you usually need a lot of background in an area, and all that library of information gets processed subconsciously, resulting in light bulb moments.

But here, someone else is picking and choosing what we have in our library, and so we are at a disadvantage in trying to ascertain whether its real, or faked.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

They are all tied together if you follow the money. I was much more involved in this situation early on when I was full of anger and denial that I got sick. I'd have to do research again to pull my points together but what I remember is the money and who was vested and how they were all tied together.

You are fortunate if you were'nt jabbed. I have a host of things, the most prominent of which is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I am badly flared at the moment - not even thinking clearly today. I usually check the posts where I'm replied too. Sorry I'm a non-thinking bore today. It might take some time but I'll try and respond to you with more information in the future. How does one become a super-moderater? Sounds serious!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
How about you all read this........

www.ahrp.org...

then this report:

www.fda.gov...

Now BE worried!!!!!!!!!

With my befuddled, anthrax vaccine damaged brain - I had a peek at this. I am out of my mind they think they will test this on children. First of all anthrax is like the flu - there are different strains - no guarentee they would jab you with the right one!!! Furthermore there are floating memorandums out there that they know this vaccine diasables depending on genetic factors. In addition the DOD set up Vaccine Health Care Centers just to deal with the injuries caused by this vaccine. In my garage I've got a big pile of Vaccine Adverse Event Reports that I FOIA'd for my own fight and testimony before state legistlators. So I know first hand what this vaccine does to people. This is a bad shot. It makes people sick. Anthrax can be treated with Cipro.

Grrrr, makes me so mad this vaccine ruined my life!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

So very true. I have seen Psych-Ops with my own eyes. Disgusting. I am still sorting it out in therapy and don't know if I'll ever truely trust again. Whew outed myself there didn't I? If you really want to get white knuckles google dead biologists, or microbiologists . . . Mr. Ivins was far from the only scientist to die mysteriously in the years around 9/11.

top topics

join