It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General captured by Resistance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng

Where are all the WMDs, Bush, Cheney, Blair, Powell claimed? That is why US is losing credibility around the world.

This narrow vision is rampant. Do you honestly think Bush, Cheney, Blair, and Powell are the only ones who claimed this? Please give me a break. Democrat and Republican alike, along with leaders of many major intelligence agencies, and leaders of many countries all believed so. WMD's or not, makes little difference at this point. The situation in Iraq is what it is today, not what one wishes it had been.

Though the Iraqi war may not have begun as such, it certainly has become THE main front in the war on terrorism. Iraq is not the ONLY front in the Global war on terrorism, but it is the MAIN front. I do not believe the United States military, nor the Poles, British, or Aussies, and whomever else I forgot to mention, I do not believe for one second they are in Iraq to kill civilians. If these countries wished to decimate all of Arabia, civilians and everything else included, the could easily do so.

I DO KNOW TERRORISTS HAVE THE EXPRESS INTENT TO KILL CIVILIANS

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Resistance forces' 'US aggressor'
Unbelievable.

I only extract the part of report and put it here. The General Capture story is also reported in Chinese media, which serves as a confirmation for the report.

You can believe it or trash it. Your choice.

More Communist garble from our house propagandist himself ......Zcheng.
Is that the same media that didnt print the events of Tiennemen Square?
If not, then i guess it didnt happen becuase we didnt get CONFIRMATION from the " venerable and upstanding" Chineese media.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
jrsdls.

What other countries have you been too?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
did you believe the information minister when he declared that the US military was not in Baghdad, even as troops and tanks rolled past him?

Iraqi information minister had exactly described current US troops situation in Iraq more than a year ago. Review his speeches, you will appreciate his insight.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minion
If not, then i guess it didnt happen becuase we didnt get CONFIRMATION from the " venerable and upstanding" Chineese media.

Do not switch the topic.

We talking about the report from Iraqi Resistance, not that I wrote the report. You seems not able to be grown up beyond 1989? I can feel your hysteria

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
To all who have posted thoughts against the war in Iraq, against Bush, Cheney, ect. Your IP addresses have been recorded and we will be arriving shortly to your front door....

Oh wait, we don't do that here in the good old USA. Why? Because of my brother, sister, mom or dad who stands up for ours and others freedoms throughout the globe.
edit on 8/5/2004 by bobafett1972]

do you realise everyone on here who isn't American has the same freedom of speech as you?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In the short term, Iraq was always going to be a lose/lose situation. If we did what we did, Bush was eventually going to look bad and have his presidency threatened, civilians were going to die, insurgencies were going to happen, and the world was going to look at us warmongers.

On the other hand, if we didn't go in, Iraqis were going to continue to live in fear, Qusai would be elected President by 2010, Iraq would continue training and assisting terrorism in and out of the middle east, perhaps as far as an official alliance with al-Queda(This was being discussed, as per 9/11 commision report(worth reading, but bring lots of coffee), and the US would be safe, for a while...

The real question is how far is the US willing to go to protect itself. Bush was willing to put the Presidency on the line to remove a removeable threat. Of all the terrorist threats (Iraq, Iran, Syria) Iraq was the one easiest to remove, given reduced military levels, financing, and sanctions following gulf war 1. Only Iraq was vulnerable enough to be defeated easily. The coming election will show if the US is willing to be preemptive or reactionary.

I suppose the US has lost so much clout overseas that it will be decades before it is repaired. But, in the hottest area (Middle East) the US has never had clout, and has only had abject hatred against it. Western Europe finds the US barbaric and militant, Eastern Europe finds the US as an ally that they can cling to to re-establish their countries, and Asia seems split on the whole issue. Britian will ally with us as long as the present administration is in power(not for long, i suspect) France has been very independent minded for the last 30 years, and considered itself a counterbalance to the US even before Iraq, and Russia will do what it is in its best interests, regardless of alliances.

The coming election WILL divide the US, that I have no doubt. If Bush wins, hatred and loathing of Bush will continue to the point where nothing will get acomplished and it will be hard to find the truth in the media. If Kerrry wins, the US will retreat into itself and regroup for now, perhaps spending itself out of superpower status with social programs.

[edit on 8/5/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Actually I am in my way to the military base to have lunch with my husband and as soon I finish I will voluntarily will turn myself in.

soulforge, I like the way you see the situation in iraq and the rest of the world I agree with you.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
WE HAVE SEENS BURNING US BASE -- NO NEWS ON MEDIA AT ALL
That is the power of US Media Blackout Clout
See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

FEW DAYS AGO, I posted a link on this web site, that showed a 10 to 15 minutes film of the attack on US base in Tarkuk. The missiles were falling and about 8 blast were heard. The missile hit directly to ammunitio dump that created further damage. This was filmed by US soldiers themsleves who were fortunately out of the base. Their commints was also heardable, saying "it would be miracle if no casulties". NO NEWS MEDIA (INCLUDING ALJAZEERA) REPORTED SUCH A HORRIBLE ATTACK ON THE US BASE where over 15000 marines and other stooges, aircraft, tanks, APC were based. After lookign tat video, it's easy to estimate the casulties and loss of aircrafts, helicopters, tanks, APC etc plus of course hundreds of died and or injured. BUT NO NEWS!!!!!! Can anyone who does not believe on Markat-ul-Aslam reporting tell me why? and who was correct?

[edit on 5-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minion

Do not switch the topic.

We talking about the report from Iraqi Resistance, not that I wrote the report. You seems not able to be grown up beyond 1989? I can feel your hysteria

Did i say you wrote it ? No, but you believe it. How does that consitute switching the topic? You say many things on ATS ( from the Chinese media), mostly things that make no sense. I have a freind that lives in China as well as the US. He was telling me about how a Propagandist such as yourself took the satirical website " the onion" as being serious. An article that potentially poked fun at the president was used without it being known as being fake. I think it had something to do with President bush as being an alien or something. Nevertheless, a person like you believed it and put it in your propaganda.

Thats not changing the subject, thats stating the facts.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

WE HAVE SEENS BURNING US BASE -- NO NEWS ON MEDIA AT ALL
That is the power of US Media Blackout Clout
See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

FEW DAYS AGO, I posted a link on this web site, that showed a 10 to 15 minutes film of the attack on US base in Tarkuk. The missiles were falling and about 8 blast were heard. The missile hit directly to ammunitio dump that created further damage. This was filmed by US soldiers themsleves who were fortunately out of the base. Their commints was also heardable, saying "it would be miracle if no casulties". NO NEWS MEDIA (INCLUDING ALJAZEERA) REPORTED SUCH A HORRIBLE ATTACK ON THE US BASE where over 15000 marines and other stooges, aircraft, tanks, APC were based. After lookign tat video, it's easy to estimate the casulties and loss of aircrafts, helicopters, tanks, APC etc plus of course hundreds of died and or injured. BUT NO NEWS!!!!!! Can anyone who does not believe on Markat-ul-Aslam reporting tell me why? and who was correct?

[edit on 5-8-2004 by zcheng]

Wrong again, you keep saying the word " news' but YOU yourself mean propaganda. Propaganda is what your spreading, not information.
Anyway, it was obviously an ammo dump that was of captured weapons. Someone stated it already and proved it.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam wrote, however, that Resistance forces launched a painful attack at the US aggressor troops in which they captured an American General on Tuesday morning. The General was accompanying a US column heading from a US outpost to the command headquarters, set up by the Americans in the Republican Palace in ar-Ramadi.

The capture of the American general sparked the fighting, as US forces moved to close all roads to and from ar-Ramadi to prevent his being taken outside the city area. US forces are insisting that they will not open the roads until the Resistance hands the back to them.

Can you provide any links to reputable news sites detailing the capture of this general? That's pretty surprising - and would be quite a blow if it were true.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

did you believe the information minister when he declared that the US military was not in Baghdad, even as troops and tanks rolled past him?

Iraqi information minister had exactly described current US troops situation in Iraq more than a year ago. Review his speeches, you will appreciate his insight.

Comical Ali. YOu are actually referencing Comical ali. According to him, the coalition was defeated. How do you square the mismatch between what he claimed and what was actually going on?

I'm sorry, this must actually be sarcasm or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Following is excerpt from:

Email from Dave
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

We immediately cut any ties with the city and moved forces to the outskirts. The Marines have been fighting ever since. We have bombed, sniped and fired more tank main gun and small arms that can be counted. I have no idea how many we have killed but it is significant.

This email confirms the reports quoted above. Of course, truth is meant to shown in Fox or CNN. Pity American people.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Iraq isn't the front for terrorism. Thats Bush people speaking. Saudi Arabia is. But we won't touch them. The war on terror nonsense is a blank check idea that lets you wage war against anyone you want as long as you accuse them of being involved with terrorism. Kind of like the old Salem Witch trials. You were guilty just because you were accused.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It is my belief that to get a better picture of the true state in Iraq today, you have to look at the reports from both US Media and Iraqi Resistance Report.

Why not? We believed there were WMDs in Iraq even though everyone in the world but Bush, Dick, and Colon, said there were none. And none have shown up. Who's the bigger propagandista, or were both sides lying their asses off?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
the resistance is in fact a bunch of criminals that escaped from the prisons during the war and other extremists and terrorists from other islamic countries

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I guess we might as well add the Iraqi Olympic soccer team to the list of escaped prisoners, Baath loyalists, former Iraqi Republic Guardsmen, foreign terrorists, Al-Queada agents, Islamo-fascists, and plain old evil-doers who are all seperate and unique from normal Iraqis who shower US troops with flowers daily, to the 'bad guy' list.

SIZE> small | medium | large

Iraqi Olympians denounce 'criminal' Bush
20/08/2004 - 15:39:17

Members of the Iraqi Olympic soccer team branded US President George Bush a �criminal� and called for American troops to pull out of the war-torn country.

Speaking after winning their group stage at the Games in Greece, one player said he would take up arms against US troops in his country.

And the team attacked Mr Bush for running re-election campaign adverts featuring the Iraqi team.

�Iraq as a team does not want Mr Bush to use us for the presidential campaign,� said midfielder Salih Sadir. �He can find another way to advertise himself.�

Sadir was angered at Mr Bush�s adverts, which show pictures of the Afghan and Iraqi flags with the words: �At this Olympics there will be two more free nations � and two fewer terrorist regimes.�

�We don�t wish for the presence of Americans in our country. We want them to go away,� said Sadir, aged 21, whose home town of Najaf has been battered by the war.

Another star player, Ahmed Manajid, aged 22, said of Mr Bush: �How will he meet his god having slaughtered so many men and women? He has committed so many crimes.�

Manajid, from Fallujah, said he would be fighting US troops right now if he were not at the Olympics.

�I want to defend my home. If a stranger invades America and the people resist, does that mean they are terrorists?

�Everyone (in Fallujah) has been labelled a terrorist. These are all lies. Fallujah people are some of the best people in Iraq.�

In an interview with the US magazine Sports Illustrated, the team coach Adnan Hamad told of the ongoing violence in his homeland.

�My problems are not with the American people. They are with what America has done in Iraq: destroy everything.

�The American army has killed so many people in Iraq. What is freedom when I go to the stadium and there are shootings on the road?�

The team was glad that Iraq�s former Olympic committee head Uday Hussein, who was responsible for the serial torture of Iraqi athletes, was no longer in power. He was killed in a firefight with US forces after the invasion.

A spokesman for Mr Bush defended the war on Iraq and the campaign adverts.

�The ad simply talks about President Bush�s optimism and how democracy has triumphed over terror,� the spokesman said.

The Iraqi soccer team has been one of the sensations of the Games, winning its group, despite a 2-1 defeat to Morocco in its latest game.

The team will go on to play Australia in the quarter-finals on Sunday. "

www.breakingnews.ie...

As to anyone who says "Don't worry about how we got into Iraq, forget the lies, let's focus on the current," yeah um well unless we take a majorly different tactic, the current situation is going to continue to suck until we lose the war. So maybe it's time to get honest if we expect to make the sacrifices of Americans and Iraqis worth more than a Saigon-style retreat from the green zone. All those Bush apologistas are having a hard time covering lies when Iraqi Olympians themselves tell him off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join