It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US General captured by Resistance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
In a dispatch posted at 4:40pm Tuesday, Mecca time, the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam in ar-Ramadi reported that fierce fighting had been raging in the area of the city since 9:30am and that in some places it had grown into direct and bloody battles at such close quarters that US Apache helicopters are unable to take part for fear of hitting their own troops.

The correspondent wrote that the fighting was under way in the area of the sports playing field, al-Fajjariyah, and near the Agricultural College, and it was also raging around the Maternity Hospital.

US troops closed off all roads leading to the city of ar-Ramadi and the correspondent has no information on the extent of casualties as a result of the violent fighting under way because of the danger of approaching the front lines.

The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam wrote, however, that Resistance forces launched a painful attack at the US aggressor troops in which they captured an American General on Tuesday morning. The General was accompanying a US column heading from a US outpost to the command headquarters, set up by the Americans in the Republican Palace in ar-Ramadi.

The capture of the American general sparked the fighting, as US forces moved to close all roads to and from ar-Ramadi to prevent his being taken outside the city area. US forces are insisting that they will not open the roads until the Resistance hands the back to them.

One large column of US forces attempted to get to ar-Ramadi along the expressway north of al-Fallujah, but Resistance fighters from that city confronted the advancing Americans, unleashing a hail of rockets and mortars upon them, splitting the column in two. The rear half of the column fled back to Baghdad, the front part attempted to make for ar-Ramadi, but, failing that, made their way to the US occupation base at al-Habbaniyah instead.

The residents of northern districts of al-Fallujah could see the flames and smoke rising into the sky from fires burning in wrecked US military vehicles.

=========
Comment: How long and how much, can the US government hide the reality and loss in Iraq?

Withdraw from Iraq is the only option sensible, but US people do not have such a choice with Bush and Kerry.

Is this democrazy meant for? Is not it said in a democrazy the power lies in the hands of people? I have sincere pity for poor US people.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by zcheng]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
By The Associated Press

August 5, 2004, 6:37 AM EDT

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Insurgents loyal to radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr downed a U.S. helicopter during fierce clashes Thursday in the holy city of Najaf, and the wounded crew was evacuated.

Also Thursday, a suicide car bombing killed five people and wounded 27 at a police station south of Baghdad, the Interior Ministry said.

www.newsday.com...
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The US govenment doesn't give a damn about its people or soliders.

As long as the agenda is being served then the meat shall go to the meat grinder.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcheng
that Resistance forces launched a painful attack at the US aggressor troops

'Resistance forces' 'US aggressor'

Unbelievable.

Hate to break it to the writer, but the
'resistance forces' are terrorist murderers
and anarchists. The 'US aggressors' are
liberators. The UN recognized Iraqi government
says so. Get used to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
7th_Chakra,

I agree with you,

My husband and I have a friend that just came from Iraq he is in the medical field but he is not a doctor, his job was to prepared and properly identify the bodies of our fallen soldiers before bringing them home to their families, he said that he did the job with honor and respect but after doing the job for a while his views on the war turned to rage.

He came back and we had an opportunity to welcome him back, well he is only on short time off, he has to go back and he is very upset with the administration, his job has change, when he goes back he is going to be in the streets his job is still to collect and identify bodies but this time the bodies are collected after car bombs and explotions, he said he is afraid for his sanity.

(The UN recognized Iraqi government
says so. Get used to it.)

Thats right and that is the reason they are killing our soldiers in Iraq.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

In a dispatch posted at 4:40pm Tuesday, Mecca time, the correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam in ar-Ramadi reported that fierce fighting had been raging in the area of the city since 9:30am and that in some places it had grown into direct and bloody battles at such close quarters that US Apache helicopters are unable to take part for fear of hitting their own troops.

The correspondent wrote that the fighting was under way in the area of the sports playing field, al-Fajjariyah, and near the Agricultural College, and it was also raging around the Maternity Hospital.

US troops closed off all roads leading to the city of ar-Ramadi and the correspondent has no information on the extent of casualties as a result of the violent fighting under way because of the danger of approaching the front lines.

The correspondent of Mafkarat al-Islam wrote, however, that Resistance forces launched a painful attack at the US aggressor troops in which they captured an American General on Tuesday morning. The General was accompanying a US column heading from a US outpost to the command headquarters, set up by the Americans in the Republican Palace in ar-Ramadi.

The capture of the American general sparked the fighting, as US forces moved to close all roads to and from ar-Ramadi to prevent his being taken outside the city area. US forces are insisting that they will not open the roads until the Resistance hands the back to them.

One large column of US forces attempted to get to ar-Ramadi along the expressway north of al-Fallujah, but Resistance fighters from that city confronted the advancing Americans, unleashing a hail of rockets and mortars upon them, splitting the column in two. The rear half of the column fled back to Baghdad, the front part attempted to make for ar-Ramadi, but, failing that, made their way to the US occupation base at al-Habbaniyah instead.

The residents of northern districts of al-Fallujah could see the flames and smoke rising into the sky from fires burning in wrecked US military vehicles.

=========
Comment: How long and how much, can the US government hide the reality and loss in Iraq?

Withdraw from Iraq is the only option sensible, but US people do not have such a choice with Bush and Kerry.

Is this democrazy meant for? Is not it said in a democrazy the power lies in the hands of people? I have sincere pity for poor US people.

the same source counted more US killed by "so-called" resistance in battles near fallujah then there were US soldiers in this region at all

this is source from jihadists web sites
)))

it's true for sure

anybody who belives in this crap must be really stupid

[edit on 5-8-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
marg6043,

I can't imagine what he must go through. there are many un-sung heros of wars and people like your friend are one of them. Before reading your post I didn't even give a thought to those people who recover the bodies, dress them and identify them. The long term effects on the mind would be something no paycheque or medal could make up for.

People who make the call to go to war should lead their troops if the cause is just. Instead they say it through a TV screen and stay at home with the wife and dog, cosy, safe.

America is not for Americans anymore, it does not have your interests at heart.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
7th_Chakra,

I agree with you,

My husband and I have a friend that just came from Iraq he is in the medical field but he is not a doctor, his job was to prepared and properly identify the bodies of our fallen soldiers before bringing them home to their families, he said that he did the job with honor and respect but after doing the job for a while his views on the war turned to rage.

He came back and we had an opportunity to welcome him back, well he is only on short time off, he has to go back and he is very upset with the administration, his job has change, when he goes back he is going to be in the streets his job is still to collect and identify bodies but this time the bodies are collected after car bombs and explotions, he said he is afraid for his sanity.

(The UN recognized Iraqi government
says so. Get used to it.)

Thats right and that is the reason they are killing our soldiers in Iraq.

I too have a family member who got back from his post in Irag 6 months ago and has been going to therapy ever since. He was just told he was going back a few weeks ago and had a nervous breakdown. He had to be hospitalized. This is happenig to many, many young soldiers who come back and no one is talking about it. I am sorry for your friend who is having also afraid for his sanity.

On another note, wouldn't a story about a GENERAL getting captured in a HUGE firefight make some headlines here? I mean, we hear about every little tidbit that happens over there already. If someone stubs a toe, we hear about it. Where's the coverage on this?!?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I tell 7th_Chakra,

It is a lot of things that we take for granted in a war we have the troops that goes to the front and battler fields and then you have troops that stay in the back and do the support now these rules has change with the Iraqi conflict now everybody may find themselves in the front one way or another.

My husband retired in 98, and in a way I am glad he did.
Now he did his tour in the Middle East during the 90S.

And for the last post, I had been watching the news and I have seen nothing on the so call capture.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Resistance forces' 'US aggressor'
Unbelievable.

The above report is from latest Iraqi Resistance Report. For those interested, you can read more at iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

It is my belief that to get a better picture of the true state in Iraq today, you have to look at the reports from both US Media and Iraqi Resistance Report. Most Arab media are now pressured by US government, and dare not to report the truth.

I only extract the part of report and put it here. The General Capture story is also reported in Chinese media, which serves as a confirmation for the report.

You can believe it or trash it. Your choice.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gattaca
the same source counted more US killed by "so-called" resistance in battles near fallujah then there were US soldiers in this region at all

How many US troops are in the area near Fallujah or Ramandi?
Less than 100?

I do not see Iraqi Resistance claim to have killed hundreds in one battle.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
The US govenment doesn't give a damn about its people or soliders.

As long as the agenda is being served then the meat shall go to the meat grinder.

I hear you brother.
Say it again LOUDER ;p

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The object of war is to kill people. War is hell. The forces of the free world are in Arabia, and will not be departing anytime soon. Get used to it. Welcome to the Global War on Terrorism, of which, I might add, Iraq is only a part.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
The object of war is to kill people. War is hell. The forces of the free world are in Arabia, and will not be departing anytime soon. Get used to it. Welcome to the Global War on Terrorism, of which, I might add, Iraq is only a part.

I will like to remind you that the mission in Iraq is of freedom and not war we did not declared war on Iraq or the Iraqi people and that the terrorist acts in Iraq are the result of the US invasion of that country so in other words US brought death, destruction, terror and chaos into a country that US were supposed to be liberating If my mind does not trick me the war was on terror in Afghanistan and to bin laden and Al-queda.

Now it seems to me that now we are at war with the same people we were to liberate while Al-queda, bin laden and his minions are free to terrorize the US with bogus treats and terrorize with actual actions the rest of the world.

!!!!!!!Where is Bin-Laden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The picture of freedom in Iraq and the liberated people take a look.

www.robert-fisk.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thank God we have people who are willing to put their lives on the line for freedom. War is hell, it's not nice and their is a sacrifice that has to be made for freedom. Liberals all point out that we went to war for the wrong reason. The Civil War was not originally about abolishment of slavery, but it was a by-product. America is not great because of it's policies, it's great because of it's freedoms. You have the freedom to say anything you want in America. In Iraq they are getting that right. If you don't like America, go to another country and live. Try Saudi, You'll love all the rights you have over there.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I will like to remind you that the mission in Iraq is of freedom and not war

The misunderstanding you have is apparent. Iraq is the current front in the war on terror. To believe otherwise is sheer lunacy.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Tell me something, Smokengmirrors, and I am going to said I am not against you or is nothing personal.

Tell me something, since when we went into fighting for freedom for the Iraqi people to fighting the Iraqi people because of terrorist.?

In addition, went did the Iraqis turn terrorist in the eyes of the administration?

And did the terrorist came into Iraq during the Sadam rule or during the US invasion for freedom.

Is this administration responsible for allowing terrorist to come into Iraq then?

So now is ok to kill Iraqi free citizens because US freedoms has allowed the borders and Iraq to become a heaven for terrorist so if they get in the middle of the fire they are just casualties right?

Wake up and smell the mess over in Iraq it smell of death innocent bodies Americans and Iraqis.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

I will like to remind you that the mission in Iraq is of freedom and not war

The misunderstanding you have is apparent. Iraq is the current front in the war on terror. To believe otherwise is sheer lunacy.

Where are all the WMDs, Bush, Cheney, Blair, Powell claimed? That is why US is losing credibility around the world.

It is so lame to switch to another excuse.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It is my belief that to get a better picture of the true state in Iraq today, you have to look at the reports from both US Media and Iraqi Resistance Report.

did you believe the information minister when he declared that the US military was not in Baghdad, even as troops and tanks rolled past him?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
To all who have posted thoughts against the war in Iraq, against Bush, Cheney, ect. Your IP addresses have been recorded and we will be arriving shortly to your front door....

Oh wait, we don't do that here in the good old USA. Why? Because of my brother, sister, mom or dad who stands up for ours and others freedoms throughout the globe.

Ding-Dong, please come with us now, it's time to go......

[edit on 8/5/2004 by bobafett1972]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join