It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Documentary, Lesson or Education Changed Your Life???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Honestly, one of the most important lessons I ever learned, and one of the best pieces of information can be useful in any of the afore-mentioned categories of discussion.

My high school shop teacher used to speak very quietly. Despite the fact that everyone was yelling and carrying on around him, we would naturally quiet down to hear him speak. I asked him why he did such a thing once and he said:

"People like to hear themselves talk, but rarely do they listen, so instead of try and surpass them, talk beneath them and they will subconciously come down to your level."

It works in the most heated of situations. People can't hear you speak over the sound of their own voice, so the mere act of speaking in a slow, calm voice naturally calms other people down. This is extremely helpful when discussing most of the topics on ATS, and especially some of the more controversial topics posted in this thread.

Sorry, but I don't have a specific documentary or video to post for the thread, but I thought this was relavent.

King

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Long time troller, 1st time post
zine

This is already shaping up to be a classic thread, thanks so much for all the material.

ATS changed my life. That and Playboy magazine...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Indecline - it's worse than you think...

Google Video Link

the whole issue started me to see the shattered reality of society, so i changed my life to fight the decline of society and cause of that i am studying sociology and psychology...

please view the documentary completly and read about ryan mcpherson...hes so misinterpreted...

www.pollystaffle.com...

www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 31-5-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The books were written by Richard Bach, not Bachman

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I'm sorry to burst you bubble but What The Bleep Do We Know is a very applicable title for the creators of that programme and not much else. Their wilful misrepresentation of QP and interweaving of pseudo-science into the agenda is incredibly misleading. Not only that, but the writers and directors are students of that wacky Ramtha cult (she even makes an appearance in the programme). Their linking of consciousness and QP is not in any way supported by actual science.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptHowdy

Yes, sorry, my bad. The author was Richard Bach, not Bachman.

Here is the wiki for Richard Bach (lists his work).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

its been a few days since i've checked the sight, so i missed your question way back. but better late than never, i suppose...

"There are a couple of sequals to that! Have you seen them? Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi"

i saw them both... though admittedly i coulnd't get past 45 minutes of either.
they do not wield nearly the same gravitas as the first.

what i saw of the first was an extremely long shot of workers in quarry, or something to that effect.

the other was a bizzarro computer generated thing, but waaay back when graphics couldn't help but to be cheezy.

anyhow, if you haven't seen "baraka" , that in my eyes is the worthy "sequel" to koyoonisqtsi (sp error, of course).

cheers.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NewBrian

That was your first post in almost 3 years... thanks

I think you mean long time lurker yeah?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

yeah i wrote that in a reply to you further back

Strange movies but very moving, i first saw those back in 2004, fantastic movies!

Post from 31/05/2011 (page1)

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by mythos

OMG that movie moved me as well!!!

That is the strangest movie series but i loved it!! Godfrey Reggio was an amazing director in the sense of that type of movie!

There are a couple of sequals to that! Have you seen them?

Powaqqatsi and Naqoyqatsi

They are the strangest movies but totally amazing!

i am actually happy you reminded of them, i havent seen them in over 5 years.... off to download
(legally of course)

edit on 3-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mythos

There was a couple parts that have always stuck with me, i think it was from the first movie.

Where it looks over what looks like a graveyard for military tanks and there are literally thousands of tanks lined up in rows. Anther part where it has stockyards for cattle on a type of production line to be turned into meat. I am not a vego or anything but it amazes you when you actually see it. The same for the baby chickens going through industrial production lines...

For anyone else following that is interested in this movie:

Koyaanisqatsi: Life out of Balance - Francis Ford Coppola

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Basically anything Alan Watts ever said, or didn't say for that matter.

Is Life Serious? (Part One)
Is Life Serious? (Part Two)
Love, Drama and Fakes

I owe my solitude to other people.

- Alan Watts

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I graduated from High School in 1982, I was introduced to my first shift in paradigm by the movie that also came out that same year, called The Jupiter Menace, staring George Kennedy as the narrator.

I linked the Amazon page as it is the only link I found. It is available on OVGuide for free but you have to be a member.

Most consider it pseudo-science, but the information I got out of it changed my view on our World; especially the part about finding Mammoth frozen, while standing, with their last meals still in their mouth. This was conclusive to me that a pole shift has occurred and within a recent time-frame in Earth's History and Man's.

I wonder how many other people saw this and never saw things the same again? I didn't live in fear but I certainly knew from that moment on that I would see "the end".

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I have yet to find something that will change my life. I hope that it comes along soon

Im in the same boat.
It all seems very pseudo science to me.

I did like a quantum consciousness movie though, its all not real but its point is.
And also a couple of songs (Gay I know) give me inspiration and my emotions back when I need)

edit on 3-6-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I can relate in a way... i will check that movie out.

This is kind of off-topic to your reply but in regards to sci-fi movies the one that changed my life was a classic -

2001: A Space Odyssey (IMDb)

Considering the first movie was made in 1968, i think it was truly amazing!!

Even the sequeal was great and i am not normally a fan of sequals -

2010 - The Year we Make Contact

Although they are only movies - these are the types of movies that got me into sci-fi and then eventually into science.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Nothing wrong with that!! Not gay at all!

Emotion is a powerfull thing and leads us in all directions!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by R3KR

Nothing wrong with that!! Not gay at all!

Emotion is a powerfull thing and leads us in all directions!

ROCK ON

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A lot of them changed my view on life.

The Universe
Stephen Hawkings Through The Wormhole (The whole series)
Ancient Aliens
The Holographic Theory

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Yeah 100% agree!!

You might like this:

Although it prob wont change your life, i have met people that didnt know what stars actually were and when i tried to explain that they are the same as our sun but further away they just couldnt understand it

So i showed them the above clips and it changed their lives... well i hope

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

As your interested in this subject, can i ask your opinion on something?

In regard to expansion, i have heard some people say that expansion must be moving faster than liight...

Well if that were true and expansion has been happening since the beggining then it becomes a paradox right?

Because if expansion was occuring faster than light then the light from other stars or galaxies would never reach us.

That makes sense right?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Abraham Hicks changed my life. If you love "What the Bleep!" Then you'll LOVE Abraham Hicks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join