It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is homosexuality so important to ATS’ers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
I think a lot of the anti-gay sentiment is based more against the people than the lifestyle. Many gays are over the top loud and obnoxious about being gay and I think that's much of the reason for the backlash. Just like people that hate pushy Bible thumpers... same thing, different reason.

Actually - - that is Media portrayal.

Media focuses on the extreme. That is the only "gay" some people know.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I think a lot of the anti-gay sentiment is based more against the people than the lifestyle. Many gays are over the top loud and obnoxious about being gay and I think that's much of the reason for the backlash. Just like people that hate pushy Bible thumpers... same thing, different reason.

Uh... no it isn't. I lived for a decade in Los Angeles and knew and saw many gay people. Ever heard of West Hollywood??? It is exactly how many gays are in public, loud and obnoxious.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Uh... no it isn't. I lived for a decade in Los Angeles and knew and saw many gay people. Ever heard of West Hollywood??? It is exactly how many gays are in public, loud and obnoxious.

I lived and worked in West Hollywood.

Your point?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

I'm sorry, it's hard to tell by typed words what is or is not sarcastic, thats why I never get a offended online cause you never really know how something is being interpreted. I meant no harm, and as I state, I have no offense against gays.

I live 20 miles from New Orleans and a season ticket holder for the Saints, I know and see them more than most people in the world do. All you have to do is walk down B-street and go in the clubs with the rainbow on the sign and your in, I actually pulled a prank and sent my friend in there and told him it was a tity bar.

But again, being gay does not make you a bad person, I just personally dont get it. But God Blesses us all in the end. Thats all I wanna say, cause I dont want to offend anyone or get anyone thinking I have a agenda.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
it's not(an issue) for me:
but i figured i'd post here since this is a new thread.

the sexuality issue, is as important to me as "what the owners of ATS ate for breakfast this morning..."

they can eat what they want, who am i to tell people what to eat?? unless they dine on kids....then i step in....lol!
edit on 31-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Being gay, lesbian or bisexual in and of itself is just a sexual preference. It doesn't really tell you anything about a person beyond that. Some gays can be in your face and annoying, but so can people of all walks of life, doesn't mean all or even most are.

What really gets my goat as a gay person is when people expect me to live up to their own preconceived stereotypes, that have nothing to do with me, how I live my life or what my interests are. If colleagues or whoever learn of my sexuality, they often seem surprised to find that I can't stand musicals, nightclubs or pop music and that most of the time I'm about as "gay" and "funny" as having your fingers slammed into a car door, generally preferring no contact whatsoever with anyone outside my own family.

It also annoys me if they refer to "your gay lifestyle" WTF??? I don't have a gay lifestyle, I have a gay sexual preference. The only "lifestyle" I lead is my own, thank you very much .

I would also like to add that I think a person's sexuality may be the least interesting thing about them. Listening to a load of waffle about other people's private lives bores me no end.

edit on 31/5/11 by superwurzel666 because: add a few lines

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sometimes wonder if some ATSers pre-screen any and all friends or associates solely by their sexual preference and practices. "Hi my name is ***, are you or have you ever been GAY????" Ive never seen a bunch of people more obsessed with what other people do behind closed doors or so obsessed with what gender someone is than here at ATS... or maybe a Fundie board I stumbled upon on accident. The double standards out of some are blinding.

Im sick and tired of seeing the hypocrisy from so many so-called Christians on here who seem to delight in bashing someone and gleefully rubbing their hands when telling someone they are an abomination and headed for hell ....rather than simply discussing it with compassion and true care for a person who's soul you are concerned with. Apparently some are confused by their own motivations for this behavior. They dont care one whit about the persons soul or its final disposition, its easy to see the ones who only wish to feel superior, better, and more holy. Ive seen VERY FEW true christians on here who truly are concerned and are motivated by compassion when discussing this. Theyre here, and are unfortunately lumped in with the radicals. I also find it hard to believe a true Christian hasnt figured out there are a hell of a lot more important things to be concerned with and try to spread to those they are concerned about than this homosexuality issue. You have to seriously wonder what the REAL motivations are with this obsessive behavior. I think its just plain old hate wrapped up in a cross.

I am not a xtian and Im not gay but this is an example: My mother became a Christian after she moved back on the rez yrs ago and Id hang up on her if she called and started the flaming hypocritical nonsense I see here. SInce she is sincere and cares truly in a xtian way, she discusses the things she is concerned about with me... IE salvation, final disposition of my soul, etc. Seeing the difference here, it seems pretty clear that true hateful and disgusting people use Christianity as a cover or deflection for their hateful hearts. I wonder what their bible has to say about that

Its also hilarious that some feel gay men are all feminine.. especially those who claim to have formerly been among gays. Estrogen in the water or phytoestrogens in foods *may* promote feminization of the body, but anyone with any sense knows not all gays are feminine and the effects of a drug on the body have little to do with SEXUAL PREFERENCE or even SEXUAL IDENTITY.. FFS! Thats as ludicrous as Alex Jones saying Juice Boxes make ya catch the dreaded GAY! There is no "denying ignorance" on this subject. Everything will be neatly manipulated to fit their preconceived prejudices. Oh yeah, and passive aggressive bashing/hatred is STILL bashing/hatred... it fools NO ONE.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Half are queer prolly. Ohh and Ellen says it's cool, and Rosie, and Oprah. If celebs are doing it, its normal right? Disgusting.

Deebo

edit on 31-5-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It's not really that important to me, to each, their own.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I am sick of this gay crap.... This was NOT cool until tv glamorized it. Now many think its epic to be a flamer. Sheep. Get a bieber cut too, that's in style.

Deebo

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
I am sick of this gay crap.... This was NOT cool until tv glamorized it. Now many think its epic to be a flamer. Sheep. Get a bieber cut too, that's in style.

Deebo

What about during ancient Greece?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Deebo

I couldn't imagine anything worse than a Bieber cut.
But you're right, TV has glamourized men touching men instead of women.
All that homoerotic sport's got me glued to the screen: wet sloppy football kisses and sweaty rugby scrums.
Disgusting I say!
But at least give me rugby in good old shorts and shirts, or Aussie football.
I've never understood that American football outfit.

Maybe that's just me, but real men are made for real men to play rough!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Deebo

What about during ancient Greece?

Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, GASP... in biblical times!!

If folks think its gross or so scary, by all means, dont peep in your neighbors windows or spend so much time obsessing over the "mechanics" of gay sex then. Its not healthy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

perhaps they are in the closet, thus rage out against it eh?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

How Freudian of you : P

"The lady ( or dude in 2011 on ATS) doth protest too much, methinks." Then again, I dunno if the christ eaters are allowed to read Hamlet.. may be to risque. Hamlet has been known to make Puritan butts pucker up in horror. Not that he or she protests as we understand in our modern way, but in Shakespears time.
That alone makes me giggle.

Oh and before someone beats me with a bible, when I say Christ Eaters.. Im specifically speaking to the radical xtians we see on homo threads. They kinda remind me of radical muslims.. and the penchant for public executions concerning homosexuals... or board flaming when they cant throw a real rock.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Indeed, and for some reason this reminds me of the myth of Saint Uncumber.
This is the former patron saint of beards - and she was a woman!

Legend has it that she miraculously grew a beard in protest of being betrothed to a horrid pagan suitor by her Christian family.

She was forgiven for the beard (and all the women at the wedding wore fake beards), but she was crucified for biting into a cucumber!
thesupercargo.com...

To me it suggests that homosexuality is superficially OK when it does not threaten masculinity.
At least it signals a change in sexual mores.
The beard (a masculine trait) was not wrong or a turn-off to the pagans, but suddenly it threatened to make the pagan king less manly via the bitten cucumber.
In my reading that is a myth typical of a new gender order, which was slowly imposed on Europe by the church.

edit on 31-5-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I definitely think FREE ENERGY should have its own forum but not homosexuality.

ATS probably started out as an off shoot of our defense department for people acquainted with some of this information and nobody to tell it to. Early Bradley Manning types who may or may not have had an agenda. They may be whistle blowers. Who else even knows to put some of this secret information out there but abovetopsecret - above cosmic mostly ex-military sources and those initially directly involved in secret operations.
Civilians don't know most of this stuff though they are eventually clued in. A whole forum devoted to weaponry? Another on survival? ATS is where old soldiers go to blog as civilians and if it is an issue in the military it will be one on ATS. Gays in the military are an issue so you see it a great deal here as well. At least that's my take on it. I could be way off but I know the name of the website is a reference to a military clearance.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

How Freudian of you : P

"The lady ( or dude in 2011 on ATS) doth protest too much, methinks." Then again, I dunno if the christ eaters are allowed to read Hamlet.. may be to risque. Hamlet has been known to make Puritan butts pucker up in horror. Not that he or she protests as we understand in our modern way, but in Shakespears time.
That alone makes me giggle.

Oh and before someone beats me with a bible, when I say Christ Eaters.. Im specifically speaking to the radical xtians we see on homo threads. They kinda remind me of radical muslims.. and the penchant for public executions concerning homosexuals... or board flaming when they cant throw a real rock.

References to butts puckering or sphincters behaving in any manner whatsoever always does seem to indicate a subconscious predilection to homosexual activity and lifestyle. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Half are queer prolly. Ohh and Ellen says it's cool, and Rosie, and Oprah. If celebs are doing it, its normal right? Disgusting.

Deebo

That actually depends on what you are imagining in your mind.

Maybe you should not dwell on it so much and it might become unimportant.

Your imagination runs away with you though doesn't it?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

look! between all these people talking and debating there is you and me, a gay and a straight talking... we have our opinion and eatch one respect the other...this is what i call civiliz human being the rest is just BLA , BLA , BLA by the way i'm not on club and flag things, i think it's time for the gay people to act like all the people, the best way to be understood is to go out from the gheto and to explain to people who we are for myself i had never hide my sexual preference and people are suprise when they realise it and there vision about gay change because they are not looking at a man dancing like a diva and singing donna summer and barbra streisand songs and looking for sexual depravation let's get out from the cliché .

but thank you for your honesty.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join