It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is homosexuality so important to ATS’ers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by Violater1

They certainly waved signs in her face, and stomped on her polystyrene cross, but I didn't see anything that could be construed into the common definition of "beaten up" like you claim. Even in the interview after the altercation she seemed to be in good health with no visible bumps, bruises, or scrapes. Certainly those who smashed her cross, and invaded her personal bubble/space were out-of-line, but to claim she was "beaten up" is clearly hyperbole.

Yes. The woman actually planned her protest and intrusion into this gay group - - with cameras to film it.

Should she have been roughed up? Probably not - - but it seems it was her intent to cause problems.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What is important is what is in a person's heart. What a person does privately makes no difference to me as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, and to be honest, I could care less. Every single one of us has flaws, secrets, and different likes and dislikes.....so no one human is in a position to judge another for ANY reason.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The topic does get people riled up and people on both sides want to state their opinions and maybe convert some people to their cause. In the end, the essence of the argument is civil rights, and I don't know many people that aren't excited about talking about that...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Not me! Why other peoples life style affects others when it has nothing to do with them is sad, just pathetic. People and their self entitlement these days..get the f over it!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Homosexual threads appear on ATS probably every week or so.

You just made a new one.

Why is it so important then?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
its an abominiation

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Really?
Really!
A whole country loved the personality of Adolf Hitler.
And look where that got us!

One could say that a lot of people loved the personality of Jesus Christ and look where that got him.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The answer my friend is Blowing in the wind !!!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
its an abominiation

So is working on the Sabbath, but I don't see too many folks getting bent out of shape over that one.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Homosexuality does not in itself violate the Law of Cardamon, which should be the basic law of civilization:

I quote from memory:
You should not bother others,
or get yourself killed
otherwise you can do as you please

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ever hear of "Crimes Against Nature".... Sexual practices that are considered to be crimes against nature include homosexual acts, anal sex, bestiality, and necrophilia......Guess that sums it up....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't think there is much of an empathetic audience here on this subject.
I think a forum of this nature may do a lot of harm as it is a much more personal subject to some on here, some of which that choose to not even discuss this because they either aren't "out" yet or still have insecurities and pain left over from the things they've had to face..I don't know if it would be right to subject people to some of the cruel ignorant things that some can spew out on here.
Even more so now that it seems that ATS is growing more and more popular amongst teens..I think it would be horrible for them to come on here looking for something possibly even help, then stumble on a subject they weren't looking for being discussed and potentially hurting them or causing even more conflict with their inner selves.
It seems that there is a very high tolerance by the mods for "gay" bashing here...just my opinion.

I personally don't understand why those who are against it care so much.
I am a person who loves a person for who they are, male or female.
I am sexually, and mentally stimulated by either sex as long as they have the fundamental foundation that I am looking for in a person which goes far beyond a penis and a vagina
I am not having sex on your front lawn, I don't tie you up and force you to watch us in my own home.
So how exactly am I hurting anyone? and how exactly is it anyone's business?

Are people concerned with "breeding"?...because the truth of the matter is with all the sperm banks men could die off and us woman would still be able to "breed" for a pretty damn long time...and I am sure it is either true or becoming true with all the "egg farms" out there now too.

and if it's a "disease" so what?..if it can be cured..so what?..it doesn't change a damn thing.
I was born with an illness which today can now be cured before birth..if I could be cured I WOULDN'T want to be.
As painful and tedious the things I went through may have been for a child to go through I still wouldn't change it because it lead me on the path I am on today and has made me a person I could have never been without it.
Just like I wouldn't want to be "cured" of my sexual PREFERENCE.

There's no logical argument against it but simply people being ignorant and just not liking the "idea" of it.
Old people, with old ways of thought teaching their off spring to think like them which most wont end up doing anyway.
Let the oldies die off and that way of thinking will die off as well.

And for the bible thumpers, if you HATE any group of people I say you have no right to say you believe in any "God".

People want to fight for rights all the time, bawking and bawlin that their rights have some how been infringed if a cop even looks at them sides ways, yet they want to tell me who I can marry and who can have DOA rights over me? Can I say that people on welfare, disability, people who live in trailers, people who live in the "country/backwoods" can't get married or have kids? no..but there's a lot more reasons there why they shouldn't be allowed to but it isn't MY place..even if my tax dollars buy their families food stamps....yet those are those ones that are so often against equal rights..go figure.

Hypocrites.
Be and let be.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Not a very good example, because it's true, that IS how we should treat people. I know that we should treat people that way we ourselves want to be treated, the 'golden rule'. but in practice it's much harder. I just generally treat everyone nicely, regardless of race, gender, sexual disposition, even religion. But when they get fanatic, violent or insist they're right ( and they aren't), then problems arise.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Ever hear of "Crimes Against Nature".... Sexual practices that are considered to be crimes against nature include homosexual acts, anal sex, bestiality, and necrophilia......Guess that sums it up....

'Crimes against Nature'? Pretty darn subjective. Frankly, I feel that homophobia is a an affliction in and of itself. Certainly the net affect of homophobes in society is a lot more detrimental than that homosexuals. Besides...undue worrying about what others are doing with their naughty bits is just...unseeming.

Guess that sums it up.

reply to post by pop_science

I'd have given you a star until you started up about other social 'undesirables' (my term)...including those who live in trailers. Really...do economic circumstances dictate a person's worth? Careful you don't step towards hypocrisy yourself. If you were merely being ironic...then never mind, you get your star.

edit on 30-5-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's important to me because I have an agenda to put chemicals into the local reservoirs and turn everyone gay, enabling us to tear up the current religious and social fabric of our nation and implement a liberal fascist communist totalitarian dictatorship. Once this is accomplished, I'll be able to collect my huge financial reward from my reptillian masters.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
neither homosexuality nor bisexuality nor heterosexuality are important to ATS users ...equality is what is important...

Lies. There is more homo-bashing on ATS than youtube.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have no idea why it is a big issue. I could honestly care less what two people do with each other. Thats their buisness, not mine. My wife and I have friends that are gay/ lesbian and that is never an issue with our friendship. People need to stop judging people by their sexual orientation and start judging them by what type of person they are. Until that day, it will always be an issue

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by CaDreamer
neither homosexuality nor bisexuality nor heterosexuality are important to ATS users ...equality is what is important...

Lies. There is more homo-bashing on ATS than youtube.

I agree with that. And actually find it shocking.

So much for denying Ignorance.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Actually, I think you are right, looking at some of the homosexuality threads, and some of the posts that are placed in them. I think you should just treat others as you want to be treated, and what goes on in private between two consenting adults is nobody's damn business!

The other thing that bugs is when they say that gay marriage will undermine traditional straight marriage. TOTAL CRAP!! The only ones who can undermine Mr and Mrs Hetero's marriage is Mr Hetero, Mrs Hetero or both of 'em.
By the way, I have nothing against straight people, in fact I even have straight parents, and some of my best friends...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think a lot of the anti-gay sentiment is based more against the people than the lifestyle. Many gays are over the top loud and obnoxious about being gay and I think that's much of the reason for the backlash. Just like people that hate pushy Bible thumpers... same thing, different reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join