It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is homosexuality so important to ATS’ers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I personally find all these gay thread out of interest ... and tiring,most of time i don"t even read it, if someone have problem with his sexuality the only thing i could advice him is to be honest with your self and proud of what you are,your life is precious as those who spend their time judging you.
We should make no concessions, there is not a category of human and sub ​​human there is just people who try to be what they are , I'm gay and I do not spend my time wondering what are the heteros doing ... it's really a waste of time. life is short...

edit on 30-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Really!
A whole country loved the personality of Adolf Hitler.
And look where that got us!

I would suggest that is a fairly simplistic summing up of Nazi Germany. You might want to enlighten yourself on the subject.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What two grown adults choose to do in their private lives is their business. Let people be people and do what they want as long as they are not bothering anybody else. It seems to me that there are plenty of busybodies around that poke their noses in others business [As if they have a right to do just that] and want to force their version of Morality on others.

Many of those same people would scream bloody murder if someone else or a Government organization did that to them. Hypocrisy in action people.

I'm not gay and could care less if my neighbor was. I don't bother them and they don't bother me. It's called mutual respect.

Grow up people.
The world doesn't revolve around those who judge others by their very narrow minded self absorbed standards.

edit on 30-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

What it all boils down to is this...
Topics like homosexuality,religion and politics,
stirs people up and gives some stars and flags.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I find homosexuality in a sexual sense between 2 men disgusting. And as vile as it sounds, and it is and im sorry for that, I find if you cannot look at the person for who they are and instead look at them for thieir personal sexual preferences you are no better than the rest of the oppressors of time.

Even though I disagree with it, I would never not befriend, trust, or lose confidence in a individual because they are gay.

You like love stories I like horror stories, does that make me or you a less person just from a simple difference of personal choice?

This is my first and prolly last post on gay issues because like racism, it's a issue of human ignorance and blindness.

Those who disagree just disagree but please try to embrace the person for who they are. Again im sorry if my first sentence insulted or hurt anyone, I am just trying to be honest.

edit on 30-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

star and flags...I would give slaps and put the thread in the hall of shame

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I find heterosexuality in a sexual sense between men and women disgusting...Again im sorry if my first sentence insulted or hurt any heterosexual, I am just trying to be honest.

even if i really don't care

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

very smart !!!

but there is something i really want tell you, eatch time i look to you avatar i tell to my self damn! the character of DEUX is really sexy!
i will play with this game only for that !

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Discussion of homosexuality is a popular topic because it's one of those issues where most people have quite a strong view, one way or the other. Most people generally fall into two distinct camps: anti-gay or anti-homophobia - there aren't too many people who adopt a position which falls somewhere in between those two lines.

Issues that polarise opinion such as this garner near-universal interest, which is why threads on this subject are amongst the most popular on ATS.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's all good padre, no one on here can offend me, I am unoffendable even with sarcastic attempts to trigger it. Nice try though.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As to why it is so important here on ATS: This is a site who's motto is "deny ignorance." If you are gay, you may want to enlighten people of your views. If you are a Christian, you may think the gay people are ignorant and need to be informed of the fact that you disapprove. It's the same as the religious and political forums. One side trying to sway or brow beat the other into accepting the others preference. I will say this though- I've yet to see a GOOD argument as to why people should not be gay or as to why it's wrong.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

It's all good padre, no one on here can offend me, I am unoffendable even with sarcastic attempts to trigger it. Nice try though.

Perhaps you miss an important point in his posting...something that goes a long way towards addressing some people's notion that homosexuality is a choice. So I agree with your point about sexual relations between two men creating a negative reflex in you...and I follow that pitchdragon has strong feelings in the opposite direction.

I don't get it...but I don't have to. Folks is what folks is.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Or the gray haired old lady that was beaten up in L.A. by the Pro Homosexual crowd?

That is not correct.

You really should get the facts on that one.

That is all.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

i was not trying to be sarcastic but funny but it dosen't work
as i say i don't care, i like joking and i just found it funny ( for me) to say that... it's reflex , it's strange how people are acting when they realize i'm gay they say "i have nothing against gay people and they say "even if i find it disgusting but I have nothing against", I feel like this person is talking about broccoli, I do not like broccoli but I have nothing against...i have a lot of brocoli friends
edit on 30-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Just as the Gulf Oil spill contributed to starting it’s own forum, perhaps, homosexuality will do the same.

I hope you're not seriously suggesting a homosexuality forum. :shk:

For the vast majority of people the idea would be little more than laughable; it's a non-issue, and a separate forum is certainly not needed as the threads created here fit just fine into existing forums.

For the very few legitimate threads, the Current Events, and/or Breaking News forums work just fine. The mass of "other" threads fit perfectly into the Political Madness forum because that's all they are.

Every so often one of the two parties (usually the G.O.P.) decides they need a distraction from serious issues pressing the nation; so they decide to make homosexuality their talking point of the week. It riles up a few fundamentalists, who inevitably say something stupid, and a few people take the bait, get mad, and a brief bickering ensues. Shortly afterwards the thread dies because it's really just a non-issue to most, and there's no use trying to rationally discuss such things with loony fundamentalists that make up such a small portion of the population.

Americans, by and large, are a "live and let live" populace, and another person's sexuality is something most really aren't concerned with.

edit on 5/30/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Violater1

I wrote a thread on the topic of homosexuality so other
members could rant and rave all they wanted.I had found
an article linking pharmaceuticals in tap water to homosexual
behaviour.I haven't read the thread for a long time and can't
remember all the details to the article.

That's interesting, what drugs did they find?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Or the gray haired old lady that was beaten up in L.A. by the Pro Homosexual crowd?

That is not correct.

That is all.

Really?
Really!
www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by Violater1 because: youtube link wo't work

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

That is not correct.

That is all.

Really?
Really!

Yes Really.

Look for the real facts.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They certainly waved signs in her face, and stomped on her polystyrene cross, but I didn't see anything that could be construed into the common definition of "beaten up" like you claim. Even in the interview after the altercation she seemed to be in good health with no visible bumps, bruises, or scrapes. Certainly those who smashed her cross, and invaded her personal bubble/space were out-of-line, but to claim she was "beaten up" is clearly hyperbole.

That's interesting, what drugs did they find?

I'm guessing mamabeth was referring to the reports of estrogen (from "the pill") finding its way back into drinking water. Some reports claimed that hormones were too small to be filtered at sewage treatment plants, and some hypothesized that such estrogen, finding its way back into drinking, water was a cause of the perceived "feminization" of males in today's society. I never read of anyone making the claim that it was a reason for homosexuality itself, but more as a possible contributor to the "metro-sexual/feminizing" trend.
edit on 5/30/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I didn't include the article in my opening post,it's in the
last post on the bottom of page 6.Here's my old thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join