It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is homosexuality so important to ATS’ers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Homosexual threads appear on ATS probably every week or so. I did a quick search on just the word “homosexual” and found around 100 threads attached to it alone.
Here are just five.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The above has a very strong cartoon attached and is worth viewing.

www.abovetopsecret.com... This one is also interesting.

The above range from pro or con, violent or tame, social to political.
There is even one regarding a hidden agenda here on ATS.
Just as the Gulf Oil spill contributed to starting it’s own forum, perhaps, homosexuality will do the same.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's a contentious issue that never get's resolved. There's too many extreme views held about it in government and people use that as fodder.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's just another reason to discriminate others...and rather barbarically in many instances.

There's so many threads on it...can't we just stick with one?
If you didn't know what preference they took... it wouldn't make a difference to you...but after finding out, it clouds your judgement (well many people's) and "hate" them.

Of course, people have their own views...but I don't think they should be voiced so strongly where you may get replies such as 'They should all be killed' -> you're no better than Hitler there.

We should learn to love people by their personality, not by their preferences

edit on 30-5-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
It's just another reason to discriminate others...and rather barbarically in many instances.

There's so many threads on it...can't we just stick with one?
If you didn't know what preference they took... it wouldn't make a difference to you...but after finding out, it clouds your judgement (well many people's) and "hate" them.

Of course, people have their own views...but I don't think they should be voiced so strongly where you may get replies such as 'They should all be killed' -> you're no better than Hitler there.

Indeed, do you recall the guy that was chained and drug behind a car for being a homosexual? Or the gray haired old lady that was beaten up in L.A. by the Pro Homosexual crowd?
It's a double edged sword.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
neither homosexuality nor bisexuality nor heterosexuality are important to ATS users ...equality is what is important...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

Really?
Really!
A whole country loved the personality of Adolf Hitler.
And look where that got us!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Separatism is humanities focus in this stage of evolution.

Calcination
Dissolution
Separation
Conjunction
Fermentation
Distillation
Coagulation

This is a continuous cycle and when we come together we will be purer than the previous iteration.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't think they liked it...I think for many it was out of fear, except probably some military people heh.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from though. Of course...I mean, love their personality if it's worthy. This is coming out wrong ha....I just mean...don't hate someone because she/he may be gay..rather look at the person themself and not judge them upon the fact they be homosexual.

Edit:
You're right. It is a double edged sword. The same can be said to everything though. If we show respect to them though, it may cause those who go a bit wild, to show it back.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I honestly don't know why it matters if someone is a homosexual. I mean if you dont like homosexuality thats one thing but dont discriminate against a human being based on just that ,I never saw a need to discriminate against a good person especially on an internet forum especially on ATS.
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: derf

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
...I never saw a need to discriminate against a good person especially on an internet forum especially on ATS.
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: derf

No truer words typed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Reply to post by Violater1

I consider myself an ats er and I really don't pay any attention to the topic of homosexuality. Its got nothing to do with me and my life. Its been around for a looong time, and I don't see it dissappearing anytime soon. So ask yourself, does it really affect my life so much that I must promote hate and advocate more stupid laws? Bleh..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Homosexual threads appear on ATS probably every week or so. I did a quick search on just the word “homosexual” and found around 100 threads attached to it alone.

I think its 101 threads now thanks to you..

Do You have an opinion for or against Homosexuality or Bisexuality .. ??

I personally dont care what Gets Anyone off in there Personal Life !! Why peeps want to bring there personal orientation into the forums is there choice ( I choose to not even click on the links because its a non-issue ). Some just want acceptance ..

Sex is Sex man. .. Sex is instilled in us biologically .. Some people are Wired differently then others.

I personally like the shape and smell of the opposite sex .. Some are.. more .. selective in there Minds on how to be Intimate ..

Some peeps want to scream from the tops of mountains " I AM GAY !! " .. cool let them speak .. I have no reason to care.

Unless someone Personally intrudes on MY way of life .. I Dont care what they do with there lives..

Jadu..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

I completely agree....and even in the world...there is no reason to.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Exactly I dont know why people must hurt eachother over trivial matters.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru

Originally posted by Violater1

I think its 101 threads now thanks to you..

( I choose to not even click on the links because its a non-issue ).

Thank you for clicking on this on, it must therefore be an issue for you.

Unless someone Personally intrudes on MY way of life .. I Dont care what they do with there lives..

Jadu..

Do you really feel that way?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
it is equal rights are that very important.
not homosexuality itself.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
it is equal rights are that very important.
not homosexuality itself.

Thank You!
As a gay man it drives me nuts when im treated seperate, as a different race or species. I don't think my sexuality is important, I don't want it to be what describes me as a person. I went to one gay pride parade and never again, that isnt me and im not sure who alot of those people were lol. Personally I think alot of this attention to homosexuality and need for homosexuals to create a gay identity for themselves only setting us back in equal rights. Theres really only one difference between me and a straight guy and thats who we love and sleep with....thats it (we might enjoy different video games, you never know).
I dont want this to be an issue with anyone, gay or straight, period.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

True, and yes, that's definitely the real aim of people who are arguing for gay rights.
Without equality in a society, there really isn't much hope at times.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I have stated my views..

Speak your Own mind instead of putting my Posts in my mouth .. I clicked the link because I chose to..now Why are you here badgering some newbie ... hmmmm..

Speak your own mind on the subject .. or do you not have an opinion on the current subject other than ridicule other members here ??

Good luck with that man.. peace out..

Jadu.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I wrote a thread on the topic of homosexuality so other
members could rant and rave all they wanted.I had found
an article linking pharmaceuticals in tap water to homosexual
behaviour.I haven't read the thread for a long time and can't
remember all the details to the article.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join