It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Mladic wont live to see a trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11

I've already stated on another thread that everyone from all sides should be punished equally, so stop putting words into my mouth and projecting your own issues onto my post. You claim to be aware of Oric yet you spout off the typical rubbish about number of muslims killed while ignoring Oric's atrocities. Your previous posts would have been far more balanced and less vitriolic if you had simply acknowledged that.

You also avoided what was my main point, and the point that you so forcefully responded to earlier, which was the fact that Al Qaeda has been using Bosnia for the recruitment and training of terrorists that have since attacked Western assets.

Did you even bother to look at any of the links?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The world , mainly the western world choose who it makes accountable for its crimes and who walks free with riches.

Unfortunately for Mladic, the west wanted to pursue the charges.

... if only we had as much backbone for Cheney and Bush.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The world , mainly the western world choose who it makes accountable for its crimes and who walks free with riches.

Unfortunately for Mladic, the west wanted to pursue the charges.

... if only we had as much backbone for Cheney and Bush.

I agree, but that's no reason to feel slightly compassionate about Mladic. I hope they will manage to keep him alive for as long as possible, so he can enjoy his life in prison. Nevertheless, we would gladly welcome Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Colin Powell in The Hague, but we all know that ain't gonna happen as they are on the "good" side.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by corpusInitium
Like most people when we heard about this "Bosnian Genocide" it was couched in politically correct terms so the real issue was very murky. It was also before 9/11 and the war of civilisations . Now we realise that the people the Serbs were trying to eliminate were the Muslims who are currently trying to eliminate us (the West). If the MSM had been honest from the get go I can't help but wonder how many would have disagreed then.

Probably you are not going to listen to me, but if you really believe that the Muslims are trying to destroy us, you should seriously seek help. I don't know what has brainwashed, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are part of some fundamentalist Christian organization. Yes, there is a very significant number of extremist Muslims and that problem should not be played down, but most Muslims just want to live their live like you and me. Other than religion and culturally, they are no different from you. Don't allow yourself to be blinded by pure hatred, because that's what eventually lead to the mass extermination of the Jews in World War II. Never blame the acts of individuals on an entire ethnic group.

Either way, I agree with what has been said by others: regardless of nationality, all war criminals of the Yugoslavian conflicts should be prosecuted, not solely Serbian war criminals.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

honestly im not up to date on what occured.. so I cant really pass judgement.

from the news im seeing but, there's a lot of people who support and like him, but there's a lot who dont like him.

I suppose ordering thousands to be killed is bad no matter what... but im sure the same could be said about US soldiers in Normandy. It really depends on what you hear and what side your on.

Everyone gets whats coming to them. What goes around....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The Serbians have and do support Mladic and the rest of the world (or so it seems) are content prosecute him for his alleged crimes. Here is just a bit of data from one poll:

According to an opinion poll published on May 15, before he was caught, 51 percent of Serbian citizens said they were against extraditing Mladic, while 34 percent said they were in favor of his arrest.

And in the same poll, 78 percent of Serbs said they would not reveal Mladic's whereabouts in return for the 10 million euro reward offered by the government.

WCB E

Interestingly enough the U.S. does not seem to really know where they stand. The average citizen does not even know what is going on, or who Mladic even is, and for those who do know who he is and whats going on, well...to them this is not really news.

Considering a political stance from the U.S. goverment, if the world wants him to stand trial and pay for his crimes, then thats what we will do...it's unclear where our top officials stand on this right now actually, but most of the news is still pretty new, so who knows?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

If you read my post again maybe you'll see that I actually DO blame Naser and his gang of thugs as much as I blame the Serb armed forces and that I have not denied his part (Naser/Muslim-Terrorists) in the atrocities. Again, YOU on the other hand don't seem to care much about what the Serbs did.

Let me put it more clearly. They (The Serb war criminals AND Naser + his gang) are dirty f*cking animals who have intentionally murdered innocents and should feel the wrath of humanity for as far as I am concerned.
If it was up to me, I would make it the number one priority for all of the EU/NATO members to send SF after those SOBs and to either kill them or bring them to justice- ALL OF THEM! Muslim or Christian, Serb or Bosnian.

Now that I made clear (AGAIN) that the Muslim Terrorists (Naser and his men) also committed crimes against humanity and should be dealt with accordingly, will you admit that the Serbs also committed war-crimes and should be punished for doing so? If not, then it's the end of our discussion. I will refuse to talk with anybody who blames the actions of a few on an entire group and tries to justify genocide.

IT--
edit on 1-6-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join