It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Mladic wont live to see a trial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Lawyer: Mladic wont live to see a trial

hosted.ap.org

The lawyer for war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic said Monday that the former general is so ill he won't live to see the start of his trial on genocide charges.

Attorney Milos Saljic asked for a battery of doctors to examine the 69-year old. Mladic was arrested last week after 16 years on the run, and is said to have suffered at least two strokes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ....

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon May 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix title

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't know if Mladic deserves to live or not, but either way, it looks as though he will not make it long enough to be properly sentenced and executed...if that is the disposition of his trial.

It looks like a new era of justice being served is here, and the days of a trial, conviction, and sentence are a thing of the past. In the case of OBL, for example, no trial and a quick and eternal sentence carried out. Mladic will meet a similar justice and the trial will be unnecessary as he will meet fate without going to one at all.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...snip pic...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Like most people when we heard about this "Bosnian Genocide" it was couched in politically correct terms so the real issue was very murky. It was also before 9/11 and the war of civilisations . Now we realise that the people the Serbs were trying to eliminate were the Muslims who are currently trying to eliminate us (the West). If the MSM had been honest from the get go I can't help but wonder how many would have disagreed then.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by corpusInitium

If the MSM had been honest from the get go I can't help but wonder how many would have disagreed then.

It is a question of hind sight bias...sometimes it is easier to look back and say "could have told you that was going to happen" but in reality I don't really think many would admit that this is the case.

As the studies into social science evolve, it is my opinion that we are learning just how much we don't understand, and just breaking ground on what we thought we did understand. Interesting times indeed!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thread OP did you know the fraud of the ICC Court in Holland holds 90% of the serbs ONLY? who only had minor military ties, yet there cases are never proven, and are only arrested because they are serbs.

Why hasn't The ICC Courts arrested Croatian generals, soldiers, Bosnian Muslim generals, commanders for there war crimes including for the support of terrorist groups? dont forget Bin laden came in bosina and was even given a free citizenship.

Or what about the KLA ,fighters? Hashim Thaci?

How do you explain the missing serbs,romas civilians? oh yes kosovo is a cleansed state, but for Albanians only alot of people who travel to kosovo have very navigate things to say about it.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

'Now we understand why U.S. opposes ICC'-- Editorialists linked U.S. interest in a continuation of immunity from ICC jurisdiction for its soldiers to revelations about the "gross misconduct" at the Abu Ghraib prison, as well as the handling of prisoners in Afghanistan and at Guantánamo Bay. By violating "the very values and rule of law for which America was supposedly fighting," said a center-left British broadsheet, U.S. policy was "both wrong and disastrous for America's reputation." The "atrocious, inexcusable" treatment of Iraqi prisoners constitutes "a classic example" of a case for the ICC. Dailies chided the U.S. for its "hypocrisy" and said that following the revelations of abuse, U.S. arguments for immunity from the ICC look "ever more hollow." The U.S. position, said Nigeria's independent This Day, "holds up the U.S. as lacking in respect for international law."

www.globalsecurity.org...

I did not know that. I am just learning about the ICC and the United States role in it all. I am not suprised at all that 90% of the inmates are Serbian, although it seems like a very high number and honestly I am having a time trying to get an exact account of how many Serbians are being held at the Holland ICC facility. There seems to be alot of mystery surrounding some of the particulars of the ICC in Holland, so getting any hard facts on the place is like trying to get hard facts on the Kennedy assasination from the US goverment...but I am going to keep digging.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

also did you know that the ICC court gets its funding from the PRO Western NGOs?
yet they claim to be a non private court, which in this they aren't.

Not to mention all the lawyers for the supposed paid victims, are serb haters, trying to demonetization the entire serbia, and you know what? its working.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I figured this much after I had heard the news.

Milosovic (sp?) proves this point.

I knew something smelled when we started to back the muzzies.

I guess they didnt do all of the "bad" things the serbs did?
right.

Now that our soldiers are having to fight WITH the same people they were trying to eliminate a few months back, this proves it.

I guess you have to preserve your boogie man. No boogie men, no war. No war, no money.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

This is Gen. Ratko Mladic that I am talking about, but yes it does figure...he was the fellow that stands accused of this:

He faces charges over the massacre of at least 7,500 Bosnian Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica in 1995.

Following the arrest of Radovan Karadzic in 2008, Gen Mladic became the most prominent Bosnian war crimes suspect at large.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is another link to some more information about him and the crimes that he is accused of.

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You can't possibly be implying that the murdering of 7000+ innocent human beings, regardless of race, gender, age and the forced relocation of tens of thousands more is something that should NOT be punished by the full extent of the law, are you?

If you are not implying that, then what exactly is your point?

Now we realise that the people the Serbs were trying to eliminate were the Muslims who are currently trying to eliminate us (the West).

REALLY NOW?! I wasn't aware that the same group of people who were being slaughtered like animals were planning terrorist attacks against the west!
What exactly is the source you are using to enables you to make such an outrageous statement?

IT--
edit on 30-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sorry. I didnt make my self very clear did I?

What I meant to say was after the treatment of Milosovec (i.e. dead in his cell), I didnt expect any different this time.

I guess the Hague ("justice" branch of the UN?) doesnt like nationalists that give a crap about their own country?

If thats the case, we should expect drones here in the South

Was it Arkon that the found about a year ago....and then nothing? I think he was a new age "teacher" or something really odd like that.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Actually that was my bad...you made yourself clear. I was misunderstanding it but anyway, I have never heard of Arkon and don't remember anything about him being captured. If it was in the mainstream news there is a good chance I missed it...I had a little break from the world about a year ago and did not follow the news at all. I am still trying to play catch up on some of the stuff I missed.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

REALLY NOW?! I wasn't aware that the same group of people who were being slaughtered like animals were planning terrorist attacks against the west!
What exactly is the source you are using to enables you to make such an outrageous statement?

Firstly, that number killed includes thousands of serbs that were slaughtered around Srebrenica before Madlic moved in who have since been classified as muslim to make Srebrenica look worse. There are loads and loads of inaccuracies and problems with the official story, you can start here if you want to see another side to the story:

www.srebrenica-report.com...

Mladic attacked a safe haven because it was being used by Bosnian muslims to attack nearby serb villages and slaughter civilians. What he did was no worse than what the muslims did, but there was no outcry over serb deaths. But then it was a set up to ensure US intervention

Secondly, mujahideen that were trained by Al Qaeda fought in the Bosnian war against serbs:

www.bbc.co.uk...
tiny.cc...
www.time.com...

those are just some examples, loads more links if you wish to find them

After the war Al Qaeda training camps and other infrastructure were set up in Bosnia. You can see confirmation of Bosnia being part of the Al Qaeda training network here:

www.un.org...

The same applies to Kosovo:

www.canadafreepress.com...

Arent you proud of bombing your former Serb allies now?

edit on 31-5-2011 by zvezdar because: fixed broken link

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

I have done my research and heard first-hand testimony from former Dutchbat soldiers in what happened there and I know both sides of the story pretty well, even that the after disobeying direct orders for 8 times, Dutchbat was forced by the UN to arm Naser and his men.
That's why you don't hear me defending Naser Orić and his gang of thugs because they too (Very much like the Serbs) were spineless cowards who didn't give 2 #s about innocent lives.

But you... You on the other hand seem to be defending the genocide of innocents carried out by the Serb military and "Scorpions". Does your mind really work like that? "A few of them killed innocent Serbs so the genocide carried out by the Serbs was appropriate and justified"?

*WARNING* Graphic video containing the execution of human beings by the Serb paramilitary force called "The Scorpions"

Is it so hard to say that both the Serbs, particular the Scorpions and Naser and his thugs deserve whatever is coming to them since they BOTH committed un-justifiable atrocities?
What side are you on? Are you on the side of the Serbs who carried out genocide and don't you dare to deny that it was anything short of genocide! Are you on the side of Naser and his cowardly men who also carried out what some might call genocide?
OR, are you on the side of humanity who knows that both the Terrorists AND Serbs were wrong and that it's impossible to justify their actions?

Arent you proud of bombing your former Serb allies now?

I'm not proud. I'm not proud at all. I'm ashamed that my fellow dutch country-men were ill-equipped and un-experienced conscripts back in those days that they couldn't defend Srebrenica against those Serb animals- those same Serb animals that promised the dutch base-commander not to harm any of the civilians and to help relocate them as long as they cooperated in the relocation.
The same Serb animals that carried out genocide of those civilians after they started to cooperate to get relocated out of harms way.

Everyone was wrong, The terrorists, Dutchbat but most of all the U.N. and the Serb armed forces. The ONLY groups that were truly innocent were the innocent Serbs who were murdered in cold blood by Naser Orić and his men and the innocents that were murdered in cold blood by Serb armed forces.

IT--
edit on 31-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If the lawyer actually believes this, he had better get paid in advance!

(Just sayin'.)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Oh yea? what about the serbs who lived in Srebrenica? they were killed by the bosnian Muslims and that the fact ICC Court is a fraud of a Court the ICC holds inmates 90% of them are serb! and what about the croatians and bosnian Muslims generals, commanders, soldiers? you think they haven't done a Genocide on the serbs? of course you western NATO Worshipers FEAR the imaginary Greater Serbia
yugoslavia was designed for all ethnic groups, every group had a right and freedom of religion.

Srebrenica was a ethnic village mix of serbs and bosnian Muslims.

I Have spoken with people who were in sarajevo at the time of the war and you what happened to serb women? they were raped by the bosnian Muslims

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I find it extremely disturbing that you're trying to rationalise and justify the mass murder of thousands of people simply beacause of their ethno-religious identity.

edit on 31-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you blind or you just didn't read my post?
2nd line.

IT--

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Its funny your rallying on youtube to support the claim that The Scorpions were real
Youtube is a place hoaxers and all videos cant be seen as true.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why couldn't they have just shot him in a hotel lobby like they did to Raznatovic (The serbian tiger).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join