It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction; Swansea versus Reading. Soccer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is for fun, i was going to post it in above top secret predictions section, but i thought id be flailed so i decided to hedge my bets and put it here. Anyway, the Swans are playing Reading this afternoon and i have a really strong feeling that theyre gonna win 3-1. I know nothing about football and i dont study form, and i may be wrong and i probably will be, but if im right i may be starting a Mitchell Coombes style facebook page and getting a million friends from a one off prediction (only joking).
At five o clock you can all come back here and make fun of me.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
An article I found online about this match will give you some insight as to the teams you just made a prediction about. And there's a really cool comment I singled out because it is also insightful.

"Just days ago, Barcelona took Manchester United to the cleaners. Now Swansea are no Barca but their footballing philosophy isn’t much different, and there is no doubt as to who the crisp Wembley pitch should suit more.

Reading, though, are as resilient as they come – one defeat in 18 epitomises this – and are a team with an endless supply of creativity as well as a forward in Shane Long in prolific form who if presented with half-a-chance will more then likely convert.

Because of the brand of football they play, Swansea will no doubt be a big hit with the neutrals. However, I’m banking on a tenacious, hard-working Reading side ending their five-match wait for a victory over The Swans on the grandest stage of them all. " www.soccerbetting.info...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
swansea ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
swansea ?

Yes indeed, my hometown. Im really hoping Swansea wins because it may bring 500 million pounds worth of investment to the area, and we have a high level of employment, and shops shutting down everywhere.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
swansea ?

There was at least one word I could understand in that clip through all that accented jargon. Thanks for that

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow ...wasn't sure that was the same place
Kewl

"Twin Town" is the name of the Movie
non stop F'ing hysterical flick

Well good luck for your prediction
& will keep fingers crossed for Swansea Win

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

3 - 0 up at half time.

You might just be right

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't care as long as swansea win as I have a bet on lol

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

my house mate is more psychic than you,

he just won £60

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure why I bothered. Ha.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm happy with my 25 pence win lol wish I had laid more down

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
have just got in from an 8 hour shift in work, my prediction was wrong, but i am extremely happy with the result and i wish id put some money on.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Awesome game, really enjoyed it. Specifically for my winning bets...

£10 on Swansea 4-2 @ 4/1 when it was 3-2
£2 on a Scott Sinclair hat-trick @ 22/1
£5 on over 3.5 goals @ 6/1

Follows on from the £30 I had on Barca to win 3-1 on Saturday

new topics

top topics

join