It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Jews live in Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

First comment: Blatant propaganda.

Gee whiz, so stating truth is the new propaganda..

Technically, yes; propaganda is simply a technique. Propaganda can be true, it can be false, and it can be a little of both.

If I tell you "Brushing your teeth helps prevent cavities," then I am engaging in propaganda - i am trying to win you over to the pro-brushing side of the debate. My statement is provably true, supported by scientific research on tooth decay, but it is still propaganda.

Every time you see a travel brochure? That's propaganda; "come to Maine, with our clean rivers and fresh air" and there's a big ol' picture of a guy having a lobster dinner on the waterfront? Yup, propaganda, trying to convince you to come spend money in Maine.

This article is true. There is a very large Jewish community in Iran, and they do not live under any sort of persecution (Aside from, perhaps, individual acts of dickishness from, well, dicks). However, it's also propaganda - technically. counter-propaganda, trying to fight off the false claim that Iran is a bunch of Jew-hating miscreants that need to be bombed.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yeah, Muslims hate Jews and want to kill them all. Well, thats what the Israelis would have you believe. The fact is only the most radical Muslim wishes for the death of a Jew. The Jews have more freedom in Iran then the Muslims in the West Bank.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

How many Jews living in Iran are taking part in acts of terror against the civilian population of Iran?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

errrr... the iranian jews are getting along pretty well with the Iranian muslims...contrary to MSM reports that Iran and its current leader is anti-semitic. So there is no reason why they would terrorize Iranian citizens. I mean, if Iran hated jews so much and wanted to see Israel "wiped off the map", they would have probably started with the sizeable jewish minority liivng in Iran, wouldnt they?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

You should read the post I was replying to, then my post again.

I was implying that the reason Iran Jews are treated "well" is because they are not doing what Palestinians were doing to Israelis during the 2nd Intifada. If Jews living in Iran today did the same, they would also be treated harshly.
edit on 24/7/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
"25,000 Jews live in Iran"

name them.

oh i'm sorry, 25k of all kinds of people live everywhere.

iranians aren't being treated good. what is wrong with u people?

you expect the jews to be treated better? really?

i have had conversations/worked, after the revolution, with a guy who left.

maybe if some of you been around for more than a couple years you would know how messed up iran got.

thanks to komeenie. buzz killer extraordinaire.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You should read the post I was replying to, then my post again.

I did

I was implying that the reason Iran Jews are treated "well" is because they are not doing what Palestinians were doing to Israelis during the 2nd Intifada. If Jews living in Iran today did the same, they would also be treated harshly.

a) The reason Jews are treated "well" in Iran is because the Iranian government are not "anti-semitic" as is portrayed in the MSM. (Which was the point of my OP)
History shows that the mistreatment of entire populations is shown to be the work of harsh regimes, and Israel is no exception. If any other governmemnt were to militiraly oppress a helpless population within its own borders, they would be labelled as tyrannical and racist.

Besides, the intifada was an uprising of angry palestinians... just like the ghetto uprigings during WW2.

b) Also, Muslims and Jews co-exist in Iran because its understood between both that the Iranian people did not just move in there and take over a land occupied by a previously existing jewish population living there before.

edit on 24-7-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join