It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Jews live in Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Poker

Did you even read my post I never said that they were victimized solely because they're Jewish,

Then the whole "Jewish" thing is thrown out the window.

I said that both the Muslims and Jews get persecuted by the Iranian government. I do how ever believe that Jews get more than there 'fair' share due to the antisemitism in the government and in the media propaganda.

There is an Iranian Jew in the Iranian parliament. Instead of whining and crying about the Jewish population in Iran(who overall have access to plenty resources) and their political persecution(not religious) you should whine about the lack of females in high positions. You should cry foul when they shell a Sufi temple or imprison Baha'i(even though this latter religion has its roots in political circles).

Focusing on the "Jewish" aspect makes you seem like some sort of spreader of false information.

Anti-semitism in the government?
I bet that more people in the Iranian parliament have Semitic and Arab roots than they have Iranian roots. It's a ruse, a game, the whole Netanyahu vs. Ahmadinejad, it's a trick being played on the people in order to maintain a perpetual war.

I'm focusing on the Jewish aspect because the OP asked for thoughts about the 25,000 Jews living in Iran. the way women are treated over their is disgusting to say the least. But this thread was specifically started to garner thoughts and observations on the 25,000 Jews in Iran. Had you read the thread you would have known this.

Yep I'm spreading false information
it just happens to be backed up by the US State Department, The AP and Al Jazeera.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Poker because: changed word

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
and.....once again, stuff you learn through the "MSM" is posted on ATS. As long as it fits the ATS "conspiracy" model.

sometimes.....you backwards ATS robots...the "MSM" has something to say that is true. Hell, maybe more than sometimes....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Yep I'm spreading false information it just happens to be backed up by the US State Department, The AP and Al Jazeera.

Argument from authority denied. You're saying: "The State department, AP or Al Jazeera have never lied before and will never do so." Excuse me for laughing at that bull#

Not one of you here knows about the treatment of these people personally, you're all mimicking what you saw on Tee Vee.

Furthermore, when you say stuff like this:

The EPIC bald guy is correct the source material is blatant propaganda. How can Jews live freely in Iran when Muslims can't even live freely in Iran?

It shoots down your credibility when you try to crawl away with: "The OP asks about the treatment of Jewish". When that wasn't even the question, it was about how a Jewish population lives in peace and with more comfort than the majority of Iranians, while the Iranian president is being blasted as the new hitler.(last hitler being Bin Laden and the one before him Saddam).

How does that compute? It doesn't.

So in your mind it becomes blatant propaganda because it does not concur with your view. Because you are narrow minded about this issue.

Give it up, this whole anti-antisemitism angle is dying out and is only going to backfire at you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Yep I'm spreading false information it just happens to be backed up by the US State Department, The AP and Al Jazeera.

Argument from authority denied. You're saying: "The State department, AP or Al Jazeera have never lied before and will never do so." Excuse me for laughing at that bull#

Not one of you here knows about the treatment of these people personally, you're all mimicking what you saw on Tee Vee.

Furthermore, when you say stuff like this:

The EPIC bald guy is correct the source material is blatant propaganda. How can Jews live freely in Iran when Muslims can't even live freely in Iran?

It shoots down your credibility when you try to crawl away with: "The OP asks about the treatment of Jewish". When that wasn't even the question, it was about how a Jewish population lives in peace and with more comfort than the majority of Iranians, while the Iranian president is being blasted as the new hitler.(last hitler being Bin Laden and the one before him Saddam).

How does that compute? It doesn't.

So in your mind it becomes blatant propaganda because it does not concur with your view. Because you are narrow minded about this issue.

Give it up, this whole anti-antisemitism angle is dying out and is only going to backfire at you.

You don't believe the people of Iran are being oppressed?

you wont believe The US state Department The AP or Al Jazeera but you'll take OP's Source Site as Gospel
Nothing I've stated has ruined my credibility.

Yes I'm narrow minded because I believe the people of Iran are Being oppressed.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

By the way instead of nitpicking at my posts try responding to them as a whole that would be better for me to understand exactly where you're coming from.

Your posts are just opinions, I reply with my opinions..
If you consider that nitpicking well that is just your opinion also.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Poker

By the way instead of nitpicking at my posts try responding to them as a whole that would be better for me to understand exactly where you're coming from.

Your posts are just opinions, I reply with my opinions..
If you consider that nitpicking well that is just your opinion also.

yes it is my opinion that you are nitpicking because you reply to one small facet of my post while ignoring its entirety.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Now it's obvious what approach you are taking towards me, hard to classify me huh?

I'm an Iranian. I know things that will never be shared with or by any news agencies about the why's and how's of these oppressions. Go put a sock in it, puppet.

Oppression exists everywhere, go read a history book you shill.

Edit:

What do you know about the agenda of Iranians that have fled Iran for a reason they made up? Huh? Nothing right? That's what I thought. How about the amount of Iranians that convert to Christianity outside of Iran just to get a permit to stay - and then they make up stories on how they were persecuted in Iran because they were Christians? Or how about those Iranian Jews and their personal motives huh? You know NOTHING. You are only regurgitating the MSM.
edit on 1-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Poker

Now it's obvious what approach you are taking towards me, hard to classify me huh?

I'm an Iranian. I know things that will never be shared with or by any news agencies about the why's and how's of these oppressions. Go put a sock in it, puppet.

Oppression exists everywhere, go read a history book you shill.

Edit:

What do you know about the agenda of Iranians that have fled Iran for a reason they made up? Huh? Nothing right? That's what I thought. How about the amount of Iranians that convert to Christianity outside of Iran just to get a permit to stay - and then they make up stories on how they were persecuted in Iran because they were Christians? Or how about those Iranian Jews and their personal motives huh? You know NOTHING. You are only regurgitating the MSM.

Not to the extent it does in Iran or places as such.

Just a quick note that Line may work on others but you being of Iranian descent has no barring on you comprehension of the truth. Race in no way negates the fact that you're wrong
edit on 1-6-2011 by Poker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Not to the extent it does in Iran or places as such.

Just a quick note that Line may work on others but you being of Iranian descent has no barring on you comprehension of the truth.

It usually doesn't, but it has given me the opportunity to be around many refugees from Iran. I've been around people who were high up in ranks in the military/police. I've been around so many "religiously persecuted" people that I know a good joke when I see it. It has given me a unique chance of discerning truth from fantasy-that-will-help-you-get-a-residence-permit.

I've been around Iranians who were shot down in protests, sent to torture prisons. I know people who had been on death row for years on end. They live in free countries, so they are free to speak up, but how come they agree with me? They are after all, the people who have had to endure all the torture and whatnot? They would universally laugh at people like you because it is obvious to them as is to me, that you are speaking from a propaganda point of view. Not reality.

Race in no way negates the fact that you're wrong

Iranian is not a race, you backward thinking person. And I KNOW I'm not wrong, not because it is my belief but because I've seen and heard most of it. Something people like you never do, because you copy the TEE VEE.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

What's that? You're acknowledging your own ignorance? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It usually doesn't, but I have been around many refugees from Iran. I've been around people who were high up in ranks in the military/police. I've been around so many "religiously persecuted" people that I know a good joke when I see it. It has given me a unique chance of discerning truth from fantasy-that-will-help-you-get-a-residence-permit.

I've been around Iranians who were shot down in protests, sent to torture prisons. I know people who had been on death row for years on end. They live in free countries, so they are free to speak up, but how come they agree with me? They are after all, the people who have had to endure all the torture and whatnot? They would universally laugh at people like you because it is obvious to them as is to me, that you are speaking from a propaganda point of view. Not reality.
all you stated is unverifiable hearsay. If you were to provide viable news sources I might actually believe you. The reason you don't have proof isn't a conspiracy it's because you're wrong. Don't recycle the same old lines about the MSM when you can't even provide a reputable AMS to defend your claims.

Iranian is not a race, you backward thinking person. And I KNOW I'm not wrong, not because it is my belief but because I've seen and heard most of it. Something people like you never do, because you copy the TEE VEE.

Wow I said Iranian was a Race I'm definitely a racist bigot who is backwards in thinking. So what I made mistake and stated Iranian was a race what I should of stated was "Being of Iranian decent in no way negates the fact that you're wrong." by the way your defense right here was hearsay as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

all you stated is unverifiable hearsay. If you were to provide viable news sources I might actually believe you.

UHuh, and I'm glad you find it unverifiable hearsay, that way I don't get persecuted. Still remains true though, you can deny it if you wish and if you wish to do so, then by all means, I won't stop you. But if you decide to not believe what I just typed because it does not agree with your view, then you have picked the losing side.

The reason you don't have proof isn't a conspiracy it's because you're wrong.

Lets see, there have been countless claims(sourceless) by me on this site, I'm sure you can find some. Then fast forward and see that I was actually right!

Don't recycle the same old lines about the MSM when you can't even provide a reputable AMS to defend your claims.

It's because I don't feel the need to convince people like yourself who've made their minds up already. The information I share is most valuable to the neutral people anyways, since people on either side will mess it up with their interpretations. I don't feel the need to defend my claims, I know they are true and I will know until my last breath. I don't need to make threads, posting photo-shopped pictures just to get stars and flags, I don't need to act as if some agency is after me to convince readers of my credibility(and give me some more stars and flags). It's the truth not many of you like to hear.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

UHuh, and I'm glad you find it unverifiable hearsay, that way I don't get persecuted. Still remains true though, you can deny it if you wish and if you wish to do so, then by all means, I won't stop you. But if you decide to not believe what I just typed because it does not agree with your view, then you have picked the losing side.

The reason I don't believe your claims is not because it conflicts with my views, it's because you have in no way provided proof to support your claims.

Lets see, there have been countless claims(sourceless) by me on this site, I'm sure you can find some. Then fast forward and see that I was actually right!
Well link to some reputable sources and I'll be able to see you're right.

It's because I don't feel the need to convince people like yourself who've made their minds up already. The information I share is most valuable to the neutral people anyways, since people on either side will mess it up with their interpretations. I don't feel the need to defend my claims, I know they are true and I will know until my last breath. I don't need to make threads, posting photo-shopped pictures just to get stars and flags, I don't need to act as if some agency is after me to convince readers of my credibility(and give me some more stars and flags). It's the truth not many of you like to hear.
That statement is refuted by your actions, If you don't feel the need to convince me then why have you replied so many times?

You are being very condescending in your posts. there is no doubt in my mind that if an outside source were to read this thread they would easily discern that I'm more open minded than you. despite what you may think.

Provide proof of your claims and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. (from reputable sources)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Poker

The reason I don't believe your claims is not because it conflicts with my views, it's because you have in no way provided proof to support your claims.

You've been mesmerized by the word proof. What I'm telling you is also one form of proof.

Well link to some reputable sources and I'll be able to see you're right.

Reputable sources? Like the ones that sold Saddam gas? Like those who denied the Rwandan genocide? Come on, catch up to my level please...

That statement is refuted by your actions, If you don't feel the need to convince me then why have you replied so many times?

So that others may see who is spreading propaganda, what type of propaganda and why.

You are being very condescending in your posts. there is no doubt in my mind that if an outside source were to read this thread they would easily discern that I'm more open minded than you. despite what you may think.

And here's the issue; you are saying I'm the one being condescending while it is YOU who is spreading lies and half truths as if you KNOW THEM FOR A FACT. I consider that being very, very condescending to the reader.

I don't care if you are more or less open minded than I am(ruse), this is not a pissing competition. Stop spreading lies, from either side. That's what I am saying. And if that makes me less credible in the eyes of the majority of readers, so be it.

Provide proof of your claims and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. (from reputable sources)

There you go, with the smirk argument "reputable sources". I'm done here, and as I said before, evidently, you've already made your mind up. Besides, I wouldn't be proving YOU wrong(you are insignificant). You're delusional because that would mean you are right, at this moment(which you are not). You are already proving YOU wrong by arguing against me from a MSM point of view.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

you want me to accept the word of a person I have never met as proof? the reason you don't provide proof is because you have none, all you have is hearsay and tired old rhetoric
I feel bad for anyone who has the misfortune of being mislead by you.

Proof or it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poker
reply to post by Zamini

you want me to accept the word of a person I have never met as proof? the reason you don't provide proof is because you have none, all you have is hearsay and tired old rhetoric
I feel bad for anyone who has the misfortune of being mislead by you.

Proof or it didn't happen.

Damn brother, you really messed him up good!

He doesn't care about proof; he wouldn't even click the link I provided to an essay written by an Iranian Jew detailing life as a Jew in Iran. Sometimes you just have to give up and move on, because some people are so convinced of their infallibility that no matter how much REAL proof you offer, they just won't listen because it challenges their worldview.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

He doesn't care about proof; he wouldn't even click the link I provided to an essay written by an Iranian Jew detailing life as a Jew in Iran. Sometimes you just have to give up and move on, because some people are so convinced of their infallibility that no matter how much REAL proof you offer, they just won't listen because it challenges their worldview.

He actually stated he has spoken to Iranian refugees..
Just like YOU stated you had a friend that gave you info..
I guess your unknown friend is more reliable than his..

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

He actually stated he has spoken to Iranian refugees..
Just like YOU stated you had a friend that gave you info..
I guess your unknown friend is more reliable than his..

I've known him for 5 years, and I'm SURE he is more reliable. Also, he's hardly "unknown." He's actually something of a legend on Liveleak; his name is Capt. Ali, a.k.a. Iraqi_Translator_USMC. Please don't be puzzled. We may not agree on a couple of things, but you can count on the fact that with me you'll always know where you stand, and that I'll never lie to you - or anybody for that matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Please don't be puzzled. We may not agree on a couple of things, but you can count on the fact that with me you'll always know where you stand, and that I'll never lie to you - or anybody for that matter.

Conversely I have NO reason to disbelieve the poster that said they'd spoken to many Iranian refugees...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Don´t you know you should not trust me? After all, it's not like I was a refugee myself having contact with other refugees. After all, I'm not part of a military that has goals it wants to reach. I'm not part of a propaganda campaign so don't trust me.
I mean, it's not like direct relatives of mine were on death row for years on end, some because of opposing the regime and others as revolutionaries(years ago). It's not like I'm visited by people who walked in student protests and whatnot showing the gunshot wounds and torture marks. It's not like I'm telling their story because they themselves can't.

Some people really need to put a sock in it because they are OBLIVIOUS(caps for emphasis) on what is really going on. My guess is, sooner than later - karma will do its job.

Hey, want to place a friendly wager that people like Oldcorp and the Poker guy fell for that theatrical performance of the woman who claimed she saw Saddam's soldiers throwing babies out of incubators a couple years back?

I'm telling the truth as it is, and it is hard to swallow for many parties because it means they've been lied to by someone (relatively) close to them at some point in time. The truth is, many Iranians outright lie when they leave Iran in order to get a permit to stay in some other country. They claim in churches they were persecuted as Christians in Iran etc to get bonus points(seeing as how they can be entered into a system as persecuted because of religion - they are now a political tool, a statistic that is used to make laws and form public opinion).

I kept the above to myself for a long time, because I thought it would help these people fleeing. But now I see that these people are just messing things up for the Iranians back in Iran. They ruin the image and reputation by making up lies for personal gains and they also minimize the real issues by lying(something which they don't realize at first or at all).

So what makes it so believable, that an IRAQI soldier on the USA side, knows Farsi and can translate better than Iranians themselves? Is it because he's in the US army? Is it because he was offered some form of incentive(I think so)?
edit on 2-6-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join