It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25,000 Jews live in Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Ahmadinejad aims his rhetoric at the Israeli regime. That's all there is to it.

He has to dress it up as he is president of a theocratic country, so religious rhetoric can be expected.

That does not mean that the Iranian regime is not oppressive. And for people to portray this in their defense against the Zionist regime is akin to doing the exact same as the Zionist regime. That's why people should, first of all, - not hate, but if they hate - they must be careful not to become that which they hate.

If only Ahmadinjad could hear the voices of many Iranian children calling for an end to his oppressive regime...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ironic how anti Iranians and their prejudice cry afoul regarding ANY news ( questionable or not from the start) that comes from the mideast to be filtered through police state info filtering. How about faux news, cnn, and all the other RUpert Murdoch media outlets? Freedom ain't as free as most seem to believe in the 1st world countries. Point the finger at all the bad things about other countries and things seem great here, like Carlin said, " you got 31 flavors at B@5k1n R0bbin5" so we are free!

ok so next comes the "go move to Iran then" comments ahahhaha!
edit on 30-5-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Having Iranian friends who have fled the country and knowing other Iranians on a less personal basis, I would say they are some of the nicest people I have met.

This though does not though detract the fact that the Iranian regime should not be trusted. I ask again can anyone imagine the backlash from Israel and the West if the Jewish population in Iran were not seen to be treated. with... albeit somewhat diluted... fairness.

Not forgetting there are many Iranian Christians, who because they do not have the backing of the West or Israel are increasinly becoming more victamised.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It should be noted that over 65,000 Iranian Jews live in the US alone. Additionally, towards the end of the reign of the Shah of Iran over 100,000 Jews lived in Iran. To me your statement would be the equivalent of Goebbels stating that millions of Jews live in the Reich.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

He's from Baghdad and yes he does speak Persian. I'm very pleased to hear that he's finally made it to the US. His life was under constant threat from his work as a translator to the Marine Corp.

He's from Baghdad, huh?
Well, Im happy that hes safe and all... but anyway, if you are interested....here is an Iranian site which demonstrates that the infamous line "Israel has to be wiped off the map" is not true because the Persian word for "map" was never used in the speech at all.

www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

I'd rather trust an Iranian knows/understands Persian better than an Iraqi.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think this can put to rest that there are Jews and Synagogs in Iran.

And anyone who says differently is either blatantly lying or lost in faith.

It is common knowledge and there is PLENTY of proof, if your not afraid to look for it...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well Iran is one of the "enemies", so what do you expect? You're only going to get twisted, distorted and sometimes completely untrue stories in the MSM about Iran.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Stating any truth that is contrary to the war-orgy that the Israeli-US relationship share so passionately, that is simply turr-uhr-ism..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey dude, thanks for slandering an entire people.

Thanks for further advancing an agenda of division and war against my birthplace.

Thanks for causing division amongst people based on religious doctrine.

You're an esteemed(according to you and yourself only) journalist? Trying to cause a stir, divert some attention from apocalyptic minded people like yourself onto yourself for some form of gains?

Go ahead, post more, it will hurt your credibility later when you as a "journalist" turn out to be spreading false information. First of all, when you want to absolutely prove something you learn it yourself - you don't rely on speculative information from a person who's life is in danger - whom it would suit to make up stories for personal gains. If you'd know Farsi you'd understand you were wrong, but you don't...and I do...so it can't be any more clear to me here, just exactly who is spreading the propaganda.

I'm not going to talk the wrongs right, there exists oppression in Iran. But that doesn't make it okay to spread lies, because of your own PERSONAL beliefs, mister journalist.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

I haven't slandered anyone, much less the Iranian people; I can prove everything I've ever said by using the words of the Iranian ruling party. I have Iranian friends on Youtube, and when I was in college I dated an Iranian girl. I KNOW from personal experience, and I've said it many times, that the Iranian people are the most pro-Western, friendliest, and honorable people in the Muslim world.

Anything that I have said about Iran has ALWAYS been directed at Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs, and NOTHING I've said is in any way slanderous. The reason I have Iranian (and Kurdish) friends on Youtube - check it out for yourself - is because I know, and can clearly see, the difference between the people and the government. I have been a staunch supporter of the Green revolution and it's supporters from day one. I have also been a vociferous critic of Ahmadinejad and the mullahs, as have many Iranians.

So before you go generalizing and casting aspersions on my character, maybe you should take the time to get to know me better.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I have Iranian friends on Youtube, and when I was in college I dated an Iranian girl.

Great, you must know everything about Iran.

I KNOW from personal experience, and I've said it many times, that the Iranian people are the most pro-Western, friendliest, and honorable people in the Muslim world.

*sigh*

Anything that I have said about Iran has ALWAYS been directed at Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs, and NOTHING I've said is in any way slanderous.

Oh I don't mind that. Not at all.

The reason I have Iranian (and Kurdish) friends on Youtube - check it out for yourself - is because I know, and can clearly see, the difference between the people and the government.

And can you see the difference in between a people, a government and the third party?

I have been a staunch supporter of the Green revolution and it's supporters from day one. I have also been a vociferous critic of Ahmadinejad and the mullahs, as have many Iranians.

Well, lets be honest here, it's not like Ahmadinejad or the mullahs make it hard for any well thinking human being to not be critical of them. BUT, the green revolution - failed. Because it was being steered from OUTSIDE of Iran with a little help from within the oppressive regime of Iran.

If escalated it would NOT have been beneficial to the people of Iran at all, look at Libya. So maybe you should tell that to your online Iranian friends(whom btw I'm assuming to be wholly ignorant on geopolitical issues).

So before you go generalizing and casting aspersions on my character, maybe you should take the time to get to know me better.

How about, no thank you.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

How about, no thank you.

How typical.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for your reply OldCorp. That is certainly a fair answer and I do appreciate it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

To add

I know some guy, somewhere, who heard from some guy "in the know" that most of these peoples problems are based on Race, which is awesome, because they hate Mulsims, which is a religion. Mind boggling.

Very VERY true. Especially nice that you mention this in a thread where mr. Oldcorp is talking about Iranian Christians. Let me tell you this; the Iranian "christians" that support the Zionist agenda are some of the most hateful people around, very vain people, they are most definitely racists; they have a special kind of hate for Arabs and Muslims and they will do anything or say anything to paint them as less than humans.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thank you Mr.Wendal. Despite what some people think I try to bend over backwards to be fair - to everyone.

To add

I know some guy, somewhere, who heard from some guy "in the know" that most of these peoples problems are based on Race, which is awesome, because they hate Mulsims, which is a religion. Mind boggling.

Very VERY true. Especially nice that you mention this in a thread where mr. Oldcorp is talking about Iranian Christians. Let me tell you this; the Iranian "christians" that support the Zionist agenda are some of the most hateful people around, very vain people, they are most definitely racists; they have a special kind of hate for Arabs and Muslims and they will do anything or say anything to paint them as less than humans.

You sure don't pay much attention do you? I have not referred to Iranian Christians ANYWHERE in this thread (or any other thread on ATS.)

See this is what I'm taking about: It is the people who accuse me of racism and blind hatred who are just projecting their own feelings on others, even making snip up to "prove" their point. And this even after I extended an olive branch. If Zamini were to take the time to get to know me, he and I could be friends just as I am with many other Muslims of both Shia and Sunni beliefs; but he has already made it plain that he wants nothing to do with it.

His loss.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I swear, I'm going to change my identifier from Epic Bald Guy to "Thread Killer."

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Anything that I have said about Iran has ALWAYS been directed at Ahmadinejad and the ruling mullahs, and NOTHING I've said is in any way slanderous.

Yet I and many others say the same thing about Israel and we're called Jew haters..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

The whole notion that you hate Jews becuase you dislike a Jewish state (i.e. Israel) is completely moronic. Many here on these boards dislike North Korea, well North Korea is an Asian state therefor according to that logic if you dislike North Korea you hate all Asians. You can't have it both ways.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by OldCorp

Yet I and many others say the same thing about Israel and we're called Jew haters..

You, my friend, are an exception to that statement. I believe you to be a fine individual with whom I disagree on this one subject, but I don't consider you to be racist in any way.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I KNOW from personal experience, and I've said it many times, that the Iranian people are the most pro-Western, friendliest, and honorable people in the Muslim world.

I have to disagree with that. It all depends on context. What years were you in college? During the Shah's reign many elite Iranians were sent to college by the State to acquire a Western education. These people saw the good side of the Shah and most likely would be pro-Western. After his downfall many Iranians/Persians escaped to America(mostly the elite class during the early years). These people you met would ofcourse be pro-Western. This dosen't mean that they hate the West. Most Persians I have met, are recent imigrants and they are generally modern, intelligents and tolerant, however I wouldn't state they are pro-Western or supportive of the West. In fact I would say they are heavily critical of the West- mostly becuase the U.S helped destroy Iranian democracy.

I have no problem with you critisizing Ahmadinejad and Khameini, however to say that Jews in Iran are subjected to any more oppresive laws than Muslims (without proof) is rather stupid. I have my greviances with their government, although I have more greviances with Israels government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join