It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason North Africa is messed up!! USA NOT INVOLVED!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

"Energy is a hot item in discussions about environment. It’s important to search for new ways to obtain cleaner energy. One of the ways to do this is is using solar energy. This is a simple and effective method. It’s also logical to apply this technique in sunny places as an inexhaustible source of energy."

niceartlife.com...

"The Desertec project, which aims to power Europe with solar energy from the deserts of North Africa and the Middle East. Recently various new companies from Spain, Italy, France, Morocco, Tunisia and much more countries are joining the scheme. The Desertec concept was developed by the Club of Rome’s Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation (TREC) network to bring solar power to Europe from the deserts of North Africa."

Why have I not heard about this before???
This explains so much of the turmoil over in North Africa that it is ridiclous...
Now I understand why my president said: "on a limited basis"(or something of the sort-for help there) of going into hostile territories over there...

The EU is orchestrating ALL of this s^"t!!

Just another spoke in the wheel I guess, over all that is...

So much is going on in this world that I didn't even know about...
Very surreal, to say the least.
My eyes are much more open now...

Peace
MD
edit on 30-5-2011 by metaldave because: Edit Add: going into hostile territories...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Tue May 31 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Creating deserts to utilize "free" solar energy; or, making use of otherwise not usable areas with "positive" benefits?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
Creating deserts to utilize "free" solar energy; or, making use of otherwise not usable areas with "positive" benefits?

the Mojave Desert would be a gold mine for solar
power resources.

Windmills off the coast lines and we'd have enough
power to cut the oil pipeline.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

The wording is VERY crazy...
I noticed some other sentences also, that just did NOT make sense...
Crazy!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
"Pipelines of sun rays" hehe interesting.I can't figure out how they plan to distribute this energy over such long distances unless they have a technology i'm not aware of !?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I was in wally world the other week and saw these
small lamps that are used in your yard. They run
on a battery that is powered by Solar recharging.
And I wondered to myself.

Why couldn't we do that with power for
our house ??? Cut that electricity bill
to mere pennies.

We do not have to be dependent on oil
and we don't have to be dependent on
electricity.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Indeed, but the resources, and maintenance it would take to build/run it.. The entire world would be in "debt."

reply to post by metaldave

This planet, also, is crazy..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

Crazy indeed...

All the USA is doing is backing our brothers & sisters from across the pomd-so to apeak...

The end agenda(for tptb) is, as allways, how much $$$ do we make???

Some people call it piggy backing...(make the most for having to do nothing)

Jump on that horse AMERICA!!- MAKE MORE $$$

Peace
MD

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Personally I feel your right in assuming the USA is not involved to the usual degree the USA is in such situations as this is an EU affair.. but that just goes to demonstrate the 2 different strategies dominating the Western world...

and going by the economic attacks within the Western world these strategies are not always allied to each other, which is proven further by the predominantly European interest in controlling Libya and in turn North Africa.

I am sure some mainland European leaders still see the Mediterranean as Mare Nostrum or our sea...

IMHO it seems to me that the EU is still sticking with Mackinders "heartland" geopolicial geostrategy which has been in use in Europe since 1919.. while the USA seems to me to sticking to Spykmans "Rimland" geopolitical geostrategy which has been in use since the 1950s.

Spykman recalls Mackinder's famous dictum,

Who controls eastern Europe rules the Heartland;
Who controls the Heartland rules the World Island; and
Who rules the World Island rules the World,

but disagrees, refashioning it thus:

Who controls the rimland rules Eurasia;
Who rules Eurasia controls the destinies of the world.

Basic Wiki overview of the strategies:
RImland en.wikipedia.org...
Heartland en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

WOW!

Nice

You just gave me more fuel for the fire!

This place is amazing sometimes, for the info that we share...

Truly, thanks for that info, gonna investigate even more...

Peace
MD

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
perhaps the U.S. IS involved -- just a little ?

www.globalresearch.ca...

Creditors, Dictators and IMF "Economic Medicine": Obama and the G8’s Fake Pledge to Egypt
A Continuation of Neo-liberal Policies

by Frederik Andersson May 28,2011 ...........

Obama’s much publicized speech on 19th of May in which $1bn of aid to Egypt was pledged is a deception of the nature and object of the proposed transferal of funds.

At G8’s Summit of Deauville a declaration was issued on 27th of May which stated that in the short term the aim of the G8 is to ensure that political instability does not undermine political reform, and lauded the Egyptian government’s decision to ask for loans from the IMF and the Multilateral Development Bank[1].

The funds proposed by Obama in his speech include $ 1bn of debt relief and $ 2bn to be provided through OPIC (Overseas Private Investment Corporation) [2]. However, debt relief can only be provided with Congressional approval in accordance with The Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990.

As such it is not possible to ascertain that debt relief will be provided given the current economical and political climate in the US, and any mention of debt relief was omitted in the Fact Sheet on Obama’s speech provided by the Bureau of Public Affairs.

Thus the most rapid transferal of funds will be through OPIC. OPIC is the US government’s development finance institution. Created in 1971 it advances US foreign policy by enabling US corporations gain access to emerging markets on favorable terms. As US foreign policy is neo-liberal market economy OPIC functions as a tool to privatize national resources. ............

[color=ffff000]The proposed so-called aid is thus a continuation of pre-existing policies, which would have taken place in absence of the toppling of Mubarak’s dictatorship. The internal turmoil in Egypt severely reduced state income and contributed to the need for new IMF and World Bank loans. Additionally, the outcome of a government change is viewed as more favorable to the nations in the G8, than retention of status quo.

Oh Really !

not to mention any U.S. based multi-national corps that might be (or get) involved !
edit on May-30-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The price of oil went up directly upon the Attack on Libya
due to the interuption in supply
The US dollar is based on oil it went up to
it was a fraction from its collapse point at just below 72 on the USD index
it now falling back

(good thing there is no blockade on Texas too eh?
Texas has oil too

There isn't enough sunlight landing on the US to supply the basic energy needs in total I read.
The Germans have their solar power local..on the roofs.
In Britian the windmills are considered a complete bust after the last cold snap where there was no wind.
( you can't store the energy for when it is needed easily.... too bad)

sending power long distance wastes much...

hey X, good point...banking is at the bottom of it all
edit on 30-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There is to much $$$ involved for the US to not get involbed.

How much longer should I wait, as an American white male, to either bail out(get out of dodge), or make a real difference???

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Reply to self...

Yah...
I didn't think anything REAL could change either...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I am glad as you say in your post you feel you "have awoken" to some truth.

However even if you have glimpsed a shimmer of light in some regards the OP statement and headline and what you believe are actually miles and miles away from the truth.

I won’t go into the proof of US both Special Forces. Also there is CIA NSA involvement, in both supporting and encouraging political and Economic change in those countries in NAfrica recently in the News Tunisia, Egypt et al.

The information is transparent and easy to find. Though please do ignore the MSM.

AFRICA esp the North is actually important to the following countries, USA Russia China the Bid Euro 4, and they are ALL aggressively chasing their Business and Political interests there with military might and the use of the $ or Yuan.

I will just put some info below to allow readers to get some balance based on truth from your OP and encourage others to research more before making sweeping and incorrect threads on ATS:

Given US National Intelligence Council estimates, that 25% of US oil will come from Africa by 2015, it is interesting to note examples of US security operations such as ‘Joint Task Force Aztec Silence’ in the Sahara-Sahel, the ‘Combined Joint Task Force’ in the Horn of Africa, and operations in the Gulf of Guinea, whose oil resources are also of importance to the United States. As AFRICOM states of itself, ‘United States Africa Command, in concert with other U.S. government agencies and international partners, conducts sustained security engagement through military-to-military programs, military-sponsored activities, and other military operations as directed to promote a stable and secure African environment in support of U.S. foreign policy’

African Scholars

This is further shown here:

Because the Polisario — and importantly, the Sahrawi population split apart on both sides of the Moroccan Berm [12] — refuse to give in to the US-French-Morocco bullying, the US reconstructs them into terrorists and weaves another story of fear about al-Qaeda conveniently popping up like a jack-in-the-box in the Sahara. Yet one more ‘hard fact’ never appears in the US ‘eternal truth’ discourse: the outstanding matter that Morocco has violated the sacred tenets of modern political theory and international law by invading a neighbouring nation-state’s territorial boundaries … with US and French backing (Zunes 2007).

No involvement.

ALL of the US and Europe have been Neck deep in Africa, both politically, economically and also in terms of religion, since those unfortunate days when "civilised" man landed on the shores en masse and under a Christian banner and started probably the worlds biggest Crime Against Humanity agianst the Africans.

Now added to that Mix China is massively present in Africa recently, and infact buying up whole countries and Governments where they can.

The US is in north Africa all over it, both in covert and black projects, and also in the open, and has and will be for a long time. If you seriously believe the great USA is there just for "democracy" or "freedom" well the same argument as to why NATO is in Libya but not Syria etc, is brought into context with the following from the Carnegie Institute

One way to examine the importance of the Western Sahara dispute for the United States is to compare the positions taken by Congress and the White House. Congress is divided. Some support Morocco and emphasize Rabat’s key role in the war on terror and the Middle East conflicts, the strength of the historic U.S.–Moroccan ties, and the democratic reforms in the kingdom; others support the Sahrawis’ rights to self-determination and criticize Morocco’s record on human rights and its exploitation of the territory’s natural resources, dismissing argument about the historic nature of the relations between the two countries as a thing of the past. In recent years, the divide between the two camps has become more pronounced.
Carnegie Institute

Whether the USA supports freedom of human rights, or a regime that tortures and breaks all the Human right's of a distinct nation of people, has ONE driving influence, being what are the Strategic and Economic benefits of either approach to the USA.

And has nothing to do Freedom Democracy or Human Rights unless that can be used to further promote USA interests.

From the UN and horses mouth your own government Rice on this issue a few weeks ago:

While the US has not commented publicly despite requests, Inner City Press is told that the US is not a meaningful supporter of a human rights monitoring mechanism in MINURSO. The US “holds the pen” on the issue, however, and Ambassador Susan Rice attended and presided over the April 18 meeting.

Afterward Rice declined comment on the place of human rights in the draft and MINURSO mission.

PLEASE be aware MINURSO is a UN human Rights project there, so even though they are meant to be there to help the human rights over this conflict, it isn’t part of the plan; let’s just have NASA and military Bases instead.

Further evidence here:

Last November marked the 30th anniversary of the Sahara crisis, triggered when Morocco successfully pressured Madrid out of its desert colony in autumn 1975. Despite the United States’ denials, declassified records reveal that King Hassan’s success was made possible through US intervention.
Le Monde

Now what I have shown is just one very small part, in one just dispute area in the huge expanse of Africa.

I could carry on with every country in Africa with and post a 60 page thread on the USA direct and covert current plans influence and meddling in Africa.

This sort of thing is going on in EVERY country in Africa never mind just N Arfica. There's Diamonds and Gold to mine, natural resources to take and much oil what on earth would lead anyone to think that the USA wouldn't be based on modern history be the MOST aggressive both covertly and openly in acquiring these resources?

Please do some research?

Why Are Halliburton all over the Sahara?

Why has NASA built top secret bases in the Sahara and Tunisia?

USA no Boots on the ground around the ARAB spring?

Maybe not in MSM but in reality:

Diplomatic sources said the U.S. military has been sending troops and aircraft to the North African kingdom. They said the U.S. Air Force was deploying personnel at Morocco's southern military base in Geulmim.

"The word is that the Americans are in Guelmim to monitor Libya," a diplomat said.

Further very recently:

General William E. Ward, constitutes “a worrying subject” for all the countries in the region”.
Its settlement, should contribute, according to the commander of US military commands for Africa (US AFRICOM)

At the end of his visit to Morocco, John McCain had to go to Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan. He was accompanied by his counterpart, Joseph Lieberman (an Independent from Connecticut), President of the Senate Committee in charge of internal security and governmental affairs.

I hope that this information has further opened your eyes and also brings truth to your OP and you can see from the historical, and current context of this issue the truth about Modern Superpowers Involvement in African situations. This is repeated in EVERY country in all of Africa from the North by the med to the very southern tip.

Please consider renaming OP to USA ALL OVER AFRICA so it is factual.

Kind Regards,

Elf

edit on 30-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

France has been pretty much up front that the Libyan conflict has been about energy right from the beginning. The UN/EU/USA uses the humanitarian crisis as a front.

We all know that petrolium will not last forever. Hence the push for renewable sources of energy. Wind and solar will be around for a long time after we're gone.

I have been saying for years that while this may be benificial in the future, Solar and wind Tech still has a long way to go. It does have it's dangers as well.

There is alot on the interwebs about the dangers they pose. Here are just a couple of articles. There are a lot more in-depth articles out there.. These ones are short and sweet.

Solar

cleantechnica.com...

Wind Turbines

www.businessweek.com...

Companies producing these products also produce a lot of toxins as well just making them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

right on ...

and very accurate

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

thanks for pointing out yet another aspect of this matter

however water and agricultural independence are factors too, which is why all that DU is being frantically dumped over there.

Virtually unknown in the West: Libya's water resources. The real reason for toppling Quadaffi?

.In the 1960s during oil exploration deep in the southern Libyan desert, vast reservoirs of high quality water were discovered in the form of aquifers. ... ...In Libya there are four major underground basins, these being the Kufra basin, the Sirt basin, the Morzuk basin and the Hamada basin, the first three of which contain combined reserves of 35,000 cubic kilometres of water. These vast reserves offer almost unlimited amounts of water for the Libyan people.

Under the giant scheme, water is pumped from aquifers under the Sahara in the southern part of the country, where underground water resources extend into Egypt and Sudan. Then the water is transported by reinforced concrete pipeline to northern destinations. Construction on the first phase started in 1984, and cost about $5 billion. The completed project may total $25 billion. South Korean construction experts built the huge pipes in Libya by some of the most modern techniques. The engineering feat involves collecting water from 270 wells in east central Libya, and transporting it through about 2,000 kilometers of pipeline to Benghazi and Sirte. The new ``river'' brings 2 million cubic meters of water a day. At completion, the system will involve 4,000 kilometers of pipepines, and two aqueducts of some 1,000 kilometers.

Joining in celebrating the inauguration of the artificial river were dozens of Arab and African heads of state and hundreds of other foreign diplomats and delegations. Among them were Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, King Hassan of Morocco, the head of Sudan, Gen. Omar El Beshir, and Djibouti's President Hassan Julied. Col. Muammar Qaddafi told the celebrants:

``After this achievement, American threats against Libya will double.... The United States will make excuses, [but] the real reason is to stop this achievement, to keep the people of Libya oppressed.'' Qaddafi presented the project to the cheering crowd as a gift to the Third World.

Mubarak spoke at the ceremony and stressed the regional importance of the project. Qaddafi has called on Egyptian farmers to come and work in Libya, where there are only 4 million inhabitants. Egypt's population of 55 million is crowded in narrow bands along the Nile River and delta region. Over the last 20 years, the water improvement projects envisioned for Egypt, which could provide more water and more hectares of agricultural and residential land, have been repeatedly sabotaged by the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, and the Anglo-American financial interests behind them.

its all about keeping africa in the stone age: a continental somalia they can rape for resources without paying and a free toxic waste dump as well.

the US IS involved
from the 70's:

kissingers african genocide policy:
article
www.schillerinstitute.org...
the memo:
wlym.com...

edit on 31-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

top topics

join