It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Family Member Cleared To Work On Secret Project, Scarey OTT Background Checks But I Cant Say M

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

But I have never claimed to have any knowledge at all that is worthy of such a claim. I have spent almost the entire thread talking about the clearance process so why are you picking at such a tiny part? I just wanted to state why he needed clearance and at my suprise at how far they dug. I mentioned the fact about not revealing details saying that I dont even have anything interesting to tell and that I wouldnt if I did. So how am I saying 'oooo look what I have found'?

please read things before discussing them

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wynnb0677

Can I ask how anything I have said in this thread be seen as bad by the powers at be? The person in question I see only very rarely and unless I am followed for a year or so it wouldnt even be possible for an outsider to link us. Im not claiming to have any sensitive info at all, just wanted to show that anyone could be having info gathered on them for these purposes

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

i have read your entire post - and i think i understand it

and i have a question for you - based on your claimed " outrage " about invasion of privacy and cost

what is YOUR solution ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

By dealving into his business, you have just "cooked his goose" for that job.
Congratulations.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Just one question I have for you. Did you discuss the fact that you were going to make a thread on this with him before you did it and what was his reaction to it?

Sorry two questions.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If people are worried about their "right to privacy" dont get a job that requires a security clearance.. **real simple**.

It wasnt like he didnt know this would be required when he was hired. We've been through this a few times with new clearances and renewals.. its really common and expected. If he doesnt tell them about people he is friends with or having a relationship with.. and I know for a fact thats specifically asked.. he is seen as deceptive....and he IS being deceptive. Honesty is very simple. If your relative who applied for this position knowing it required a security clearance and cant figure out how to be honest... where is the big conspiracy on the Govts part?

As for the cost, here there is a wide range of fee, but its for a 10 yr clearance. Take your amount and divide it by 10 yrs.... you probably spend more than that on M&Ms, movie rental, and video games in a 10 yr span.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Do your relative a solid and stop talking about this.

Delete the thread if possible or have the mods do it for you.

You need to perform a cost benefit analysis before you make these threads.

Is five stars and a few replies worth your relative losing their job?

It's not you know.
Too late for that

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Is this like one of those threads where the person says they were abducted by alien moose and the secrets of the universe were revealed to them, but when they landed, they forgot everything and have no additional proof?

SeraphNB

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You have already stated that you know the name of the project. You also said he could get in trouble if you stated said name and the thread was read by tptb. You both (if any of this is true ) have already said to much and I don't believe that your family (at least you two) should be trusted with any secrets.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I totally believe you OP. No one ever makes crap up on the internet, I know this to be true.

edit on Mon, 30 May 2011 18:30:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
/sigh....I was hoping to read something that I haven't read before...Alas, my hope was shot to hell with an AR-15...Why bother posting this? You told us nothing...nothing at all...I'm disappointed...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

No I havent read the rest of the thread, I read the original post, and thats what this reply is too. I understand what your asking- is this normal, and actually it is. I myself have been through it, though not for a military position, but for a nuclear one.
I interveiwed and was hired to work security for a nuclear site in the 1990's. The interview was extensive and took nearly 4 hours, included was a pschyc(sp) interview with a doctor, a physical, a drug test(on site), and the application which was 5 pages one of which was a list of names and phone numbers of family and friends I associated with. Those family members were phoned, asked about my character and then asked to provide the names and numbers of three other people who could give the company information about my character. Etc., ect,. All in all they phoned and spoke to nearly 75 people who were either family, good friends or just acquantences or had known me as a child.

So yes, I would say this is common practice, especially when working with sensitive materials, and would be doubly so if it were a top secret project for the military, irregardless of the security measures already in place.

Getting angry about the intrusion is useless, and it CAN cost someone thier job. It is best to simply answer the questions, and go on- the governing bodies who ask these questions arent after you in this particular case they are out to find out if there is any reason they should not trust the applicant. It isnt personal, and to be truthful it really isnt a waste of money, it is a precautionary measure to protect the project or the site. Period end of story

Just a side note: I had a Federal clearance level higher than most normal people due to some federal service I had done in the past-it didnt make a difference they still did the backgrounds recon..
edit on 30-5-2011 by Rossa because: Just adding

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Just to concur with this fellow i work in the uk's prison system, primarily with young offenders and had to go through an enhanced crb which basically entailed my family, friends, neighbours and ex-employers being phoned and asked personall questions about me, my behaviour, my attitude and even my sexual preferences! I wasnt aware of the extent of the questions being asked to them untill one of my close friends spoke to my mother because he was asked 'have you ever suspected (me) to have paedophilic tendencies?' and thought i was in seriously deep doo doo.
This was back in 2004 (and am still working at the same facility now) and so no, i went through that just for a standard job anyone can apply for, your relative was dealing with much more sensitive material and these things do have to be checked out!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My family went through exhaustive checking in the early 80's for my uncle to become a contractor at the US Pine Gap facility,despite having a high clearance there were levels he was not allowed in.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is perfectly normal todothese kinds of extensive checks forany sensitive jobs.

Though just contrast this with Obama - the guy with access to the nuclear launch codes and any gov secrets you care to name - no-one has ever even seen his BC - he can just flash a photocopy of it and the media acceptsit as unquestionably genuine even though numerous experts say it has been manipulated.

He has been surrounded his entire life by communists marxists radicals islamicists terrorist and crooks - the media ignores it - it's all a sick joke!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think simply the issue is of course one needs to be throughly investigated...and really intensely as well. We seem to agree here that given that fact...here we have a family member-friend talking about it relatively openly...when its in his-their...and our...best interests to leave it alone.

Attracting attention to it is not good...even if you dont say, who, how, where, and why. This is one of those times you should probably drop it and not mention it for the good of everyone. Just know that investigating someone for this reason and at this depth is a real good thing...and vital.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Why do you keep on stressing cost to taxpayer?

Is this another anti-government post? *Yawn*

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
this is just normal practice, i too went through this procedure when i started at QinetiQ,

and too be honest you have prob just lost his job for him ,( if it is that sensitive.a position he has.)

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

At the mini HQ in Washington for the CIA.

1. Patdown
2. Dog sniffs
3. Body scanner for anything electrical on your body or solid. (Shows up on the scanner)
4. Another scanner (All electronic devices are registered with a Frequencey and your phone is wiped (if you make a call or recieve a call it goes through an operator at the CIA , and he will ask why your making this call , or if you recieve a call he will let you know you have a call and will either put the call on hold , or make you call back)
5. Any unregistered Frequency is not allowed through the buildings jammers.
6. Finger print scan. Takes 3 seconds.
7. ID Card Scan.
8. Armed personel all through the building. I saw at least 2 on each floor (6 Floors above ground...2 below)

process takes about 2 minutes for everything

This isnt like the one in Langley Virginia , Classified what you see in there.

Background check , depends on what they need you for.

They didnt call any blood relatives of mine. Called teachers/past employers and used a phony reason to speak with them.

Blood Test , Questionaire on why you are there , 3 Psych Exams. , Physical Exam (in the lower floor they have a bout a 200 yard long field , 100 yard wide facility , Gym , Rooming for employes who stay. Nuclear shelter. Below that Classified testing area , havnt been down there.

1st floor basement (200 feet down) Astro Terf , 100 yard Obstable course (400 yards at the end of the obstacle course) , 100 yard clear field. Quarter mile track around the field for running Rubber track nice to run on. 1200 sq foot Gym hooks onto the training floor. Rifle range connects also to this room.

Medical Facility is classified however / Nuclear Facility (Its inside)

Real Snug facility.

(Dont feel like proof reading , tired)
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

nice, sounds similar to ones i have been into here in Europe,
there is a beautiful one in Central France that has so much equipment and `perks` for the staff....it makes it seem like a hotel !!.......nice place to work.

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join