It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Backs G-8 Plan for Supporting Middle East, North Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Did a search here, found nothing.
If this is in the wrong area, please remove mods.

www.imf.org...

Financing requirements

"In the initial years, some countries will need external support to meet their financing requirements. In the current baseline scenario—which does not yet include the reform agendas that countries would develop—the external financing needs of the region‘s oil importers is projected to exceed $160 billion during 2011-13."

Well, it is here folks.
This website article is not the first of it's kind, & certainly will NOT be the last...
But it is the most recent in the development of our future for continued growth, or (more likely) our demise...

Get your pokcet books/check books out, it's gonna be a long one...

"Over the medium term, the financing requirements of a new growth agenda will likely be higher, and will be determined once countries develop their economic and social strategies.

In the next 18 months, a greater part of these financing needs will need to be met from the international community because of more cautious market sentiments during the uncertain transition.

Private financing will eventually resume its traditional role in light of the creditworthiness of these countries, and such financing will be necessary to meet the scale of growth envisaged.

“Oil importers in the region will require substantial financial support to help generate jobs and growth over time,” Lipsky said. “Though the challenges may be great, we are optimistic that a commitment to sound policies and consistent implementation of reforms will bring positive results.”

"Save our Souls"...

America, please just stop...
Please...

P.S.
It was very difficult to not post much more of this article here, just didn't want to be flagged...
If you Google the headline, you will know what I mean...Crazy...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
looks like new loans with high interest rates are the target.

the infrastructures are being destroyed as we speak.

the multi-national corps will be swarming in (with tax breaks) as soon as hostilities cease and the "new" political structures are in place with the franchised "new" puppet leaderships and "Londonized" central banks.

the NGO's like George Soros will be heavily involved .. like always.

the NGO's were active in starting the whole problem in the first place (Soros with Egypt, etc).

their long term goal will be to drain and exploit .. like always.

seems like the article is focusing on oil .... surprise.

other natural resources are also in play.

this could lead to some kind of new multi-nation "union".

maybe like this:
(from 2008)
www.globalresearch.ca...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a932b879c3e7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I have to agree with just about 100% of everything you posted!!

Especially about this part:
"other natural resources are also in play"

I stepped away from this post for a few & started this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(sorry if I offend anyone here for being off topic, I know how you MODERATORS like to screw with us humans)-lool

...after reading more into everything I just learned from above, & about the "other' resources you just mentioned.

This is what I found-(now I have to go look for more since you posted other resources)-lol...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please ad more if you find anything, thanks in advance...

Peace
MD

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
the Libyan water project is also a factor.

lots of money to be made by whoever gets control !!

and it may not get too damaged by the current military actions.

could make way for the Agriculture Cartels .....?

www.goumbook.com...

powerpointparadise.com...

…In the 1960s during oil exploration deep in the southern Libyan desert, vast reservoirs of high quality water were discovered in the form of aquifers. …

…In Libya there are four major underground basins, these being the Kufra basin, the Sirt basin, the Morzuk basin and the Hamada basin, the first three of which contain combined reserves of 35,000 cubic kilometres of water. These vast reserves offer almost unlimited amounts of water for the Libyan people.....

By 1996 the Great Man-Made River Project had reached one of its final stages, the gushing forth of sweet unpolluted water to the homes and gardens of the citizens of Libya’s capital Tripoli. Louis Farrakhan, who took part in the opening ceremony of this important stage of the project, described the Great Man-Made River as “another miracle in the desert.” Speaking at the inauguration ceremony to an audience that included Libyans and many foreign guests, Col. Qadhafi said the project “was the biggest answer to America… who accuse us of being concerned with terrorism.”

i wonder who will be the new "owners" ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dude,

Thank you so much for all your info.

You are truly blinding me by all this info...

I think you should have started this thread...

Seriously...

I have a lot more to read tomorrow(& days ahead) for what you have posted.

Gotta crash soon, it's allmost past my bedtime..lol(no bedtime here) Just.. have.. to.. crash.. soon...

Laterz...

Peace
MD

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e87c1270177.jpg[/atsimg]

exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu...

Minerals and other Natural Resources
Much of North Africa is mineral rich. As you remember from Learning Activity Three [link to this page] the Western Sahara is a major phosphate producer. The region also has deposits of other minerals including iron ore, silver, zinc, copper, lead, manganese, barytine, gold, salt, limestone, gypsum, and coal (in Morocco). Petroleum and natural gas exports provide most of Libya’s revenues, but the rest of the region also contains sizeable deposits of these resources, especially Algeria and Egypt. Lastly, North Africa also produces forest products, including furniture and cabinet wood, and is a leading producer of cork. ......

Agriculture and food

Agriculture is still one of the most important sectors of the economies of North Africa, both for feeding the population and for export. The number of people employed in agriculture varies by country: about 50% in Morocco, 40% in Egypt, 25% in Algeria and probably even fewer in Libya which imports close to 75% of its food. The region depends on its fertile areas to grow crops, including oranges and other citrus fruits; grains like barley, wheat, oats and even corn; vegetables, including tomatoes that are shipped to the U.S., onions, peppers and eggplants; legumes like lentils and chickpeas; and other Mediterranean and arid produce, like nuts, olives, grapes (for eating and to produce wine), dates and figs in abundance. In the Nile Valley, Egyptians also cultivate crops that need more water, including sugarcane, cotton and even rice.

Egypt is also a major producer of cement, as is Libya.

lots of room for high interest loans !!!

guess who's coming to dinner !!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
this example shows how the IMF operates.

www.blacklistednews.com...

IMF to eat Belarus alive

Those were the requirements, which the IMF previously set forth as a condition to give a loan to Belarus. The National Bank of Belarus raised the refinancing rate by tow percentage points - up to 16% per annum. The bank has thus met one of the requirements of the international financial organization.

Nevertheless, the refinancing rate has been raised for the fourth time since the beginning of the year. The Belarusian ruble lost 56 percent of its value on May 24.

The IMF also wants the country to privatize large state-run enterprises and cut the budget support for agriculture. These are macroeconomic issues, and Minsk is not likely to be that agreeable here.

Minsk raised loans from the IMF in 2009-2010. Belarus received five tranches totaling $3.46 billion. The program was completed in March of 2010, when Belarus received the last tranche of $670 million. It is worthy of note that the growth of the Belarusian GDP dropped to 0.2 percent in 2009.

and we also see this

www.blacklistednews.com...

The theft of the Libyan soverign funds

Libya, after Washington had removed it from their list of "rogue" countries, tried to reestablish a place in the international arena by relying on "diplomacy of sovereign funds." When the United States and the European Union abolished the embargo of 2004, and the big oil companies returned to the country, Tripoli could have a trade surplus of around 30 billion dollars per year largely due to foreign investments.

The management of sovereign funds, in the hands of ministers and senior officials, however, created a new mechanism of power and corruption that probably escaped from Gaddafi's own control - as confirmed by the fact that in 2009 he proposed that the 30 billion dollars of oil dividends were to go "directly to the Libyan people." This has exacerbated the internal divisions within the Libyan government.

In in these fractures the dominant ruling circles supported ordinary Americans and Europeans who, before attacking Libya militarily to take possession of its energy wealth, appropriated the Libyan sovereign funds. This operation was favored by the representative of the Libyan Investment Authority, Mohamed Layas.

top topics

join