It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Victory or death for Gaddafi, NATO wants win - makes talks tough'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Interesting the rebels get everything NATO is out to kill Qaddafi no matter what and replace them with their al-Qaeda pawns. The fact he's got a large support base and rules over a country that's tribal and warmongering and kept peace for what 40 plus years. but how...

yep he's gotta go Nationalized oil free education housing and second to none in Africa for rights and freedom. While us NATO slaves live in the hell our governments have weaved for us. Taxed to death disenfranchised. Our economic wealth raped and plundered our education system made to dumb us down. A puppet media empire that feeds us nothing but propaganda a court system that serves to keep us down and a police force with no checks to keep us enslaved. While we pay and send our children to die in their false wars.

Only the alternative media will give you any of these facts anymore not that they arn't reading these forums too and watching rt news 24/7.

edit on 30-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'M A TRAITOR I'M A TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!
DEATH TO NATO!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I'M A TRAITOR I'M A TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!
DEATH TO NATO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be happy if we could just reign in our runaway governments...

kinda got kids would like them to have something better than the NWO version we've been transitioning into for too long now.

Still the world would be a better place today without NATO or the UN both have been used to commit war be it bombing little kids or starving them to death with economic war.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Speaking of traitors here arnt the real bad guys the ones running our governments and those behind NATO and many of the UN.

none more so than the driving force of NATO the USA

We've Gone from a Nation of Laws to a Nation of Powerful Men Making Laws in Secret

So patently illegal is Obama's war in Libya as of today that media reports are now coming quite close to saying so directly; see, for instance, this unusually clear CNN article today from Dana Bash. As a result, reporters today bombarded the White House with questions about the war's legality, and here is what happened, as reported by ABC News' Jake Tapper:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I Guess international Laws dont matter to NATO or to the modern fascists

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

LOL!!!! you go girl!!!

lets see if i can do 1 better:

there are catalysts that will convert petroleum into fertilizer
just pump enough into the oil deposits via the oil wells
and turn it all into fertilizer.
that and the Great Man-Made River Project are all Quadaffi
needs to win the war and accomplish his dream of a
united africa as north africa's deserts bloom.

and no need for killing either

except for certain "people's" bank accounts

reply to post by UcDat

and a S&F for you sir!

edit on 31-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: replying to OP as well

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I Guess international Laws dont matter to NATO or to the modern fascists

that seems like an understatment now if you've been watching this whole thing unfold with secret UK troops caught on the ground. The increase in duration the amount of bombs and civilians killed by NATO.
No one should doubt they are a criminal organizations along with most of our governments and those pulling the strings.

edit on 2-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Libyan state TV enemy propaganda still broadcasting

BBC: Libya crisis: Gaddafi vows to fight to the death

Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi has vowed to remain in the country "dead or alive" in an audio message on state TV.

Gaddafi's propaganda machine is part of his war effort against us and we need to shut it up. So that is why it is has been (unsuccessfully) targeted by NATO.

On the 24th April there was a strike against TV studios.

Three Libyan state TV stations go off air after explosions - AlertNet

TRIPOLI, April 24 (Reuters) - Three Libyan state television stations went briefly off air after three loud explosions were heard in central Tripoli soon after midnight.

Libyan Television, Jamahiriya and Shababiya all stopped broadcasting but returned to air within half an hour.

and they got hit again a few days ago.

Ruins of Liberty: Nato Jets Target Libya State TV, June 6 2011
Nato Jets Target Libya State TV, June 6 2011
Press TV
Latest reports indicate that NATO-led warplanes have dropped several bombs on the offices of the Libyan state broadcaster in the capital Tripoli.

The Libyan information ministry said the NATO jets struck the state broadcaster’s building and its adjoining installations on Monday.

Now Gaddafi's broadcasters can easily make a propaganda TV or radio programme in a secret bunker. So striking the peace-time TV broadcasting studios is not enough.

NATO also needs to take out the broadcasting equipment such as the ground transmitters and aerials and they need to stop any satellite broadcasts if they have not already done so.

Still Not Even Doing the Easy Things
By Paul Wolfowitz

May 23, 2011, 4:00 pm

On March 24, I called attention here to the fact that Muammar Qaddafi was still making use of NileSat to broadcast the fiendish propaganda of Libyan State TV.

It seems that he’s still doing it. Recently, a Libyan firm of six lawyers has accused the regime’s Al-Jamahiriya TV and Al-Jamahiriya 2 of inciting hate and violence. The lawyers are trying to force Egyptian satellite network Nilesat to remove the regime’s channels.

At the same time, NileSat refuses to carry broadcasts by “Libya for the Free,” which was created in March to offer an alternative to state-controlled Libyan television, even though the Qatar-based channel had paid the full fees:

“But when we inquired the company said the decision to suspend the broadcast was a political one,” said Mahmoud Shammam, media director for the Transitional National Council in Benghazi. “The phone calls and email we receive from fans prove that we have decent viewership inside Libya, but that could be expanded if we have access to Nilesat satellite,” Shammam said.

Meanwhile, there’s no sign that the United States has used any of its influence with Egypt to try to change this situation.

When in 2007, Nilesat and Arabsat were broadcasting Al-Zawraa pro-terror-in-Iraq TV, I produced a video highlighting the perverse situation of the USA, then of course under the Bush administration, aiding Egypt with $1 billion plus a year.

Iraq X-File: USA vs USA (1) Support satellite terror TV NOT! (YouTube)

Satellite terror TV incites Jordanians to terrorism in Iraq. (YouTube)

It is bad enough when the oil-rich Arab kingdoms buy Arabsat satellites from western TV satellite companies so they can provide a platform for the West’s enemies to spread their anti-Western propaganda.

It just seems so much worse when poor Egypt does the same while receiving the USA’s aid money.

Although the Arab League did ask Arabsat to stop broadcasting Liyban state TV, there are so many satellites up there and such a large capacity for channels that I think that when the West gets sufficiently angry about one satellite channel, the enemy just switch the enemy channel to using another satellite, perhaps rebrand the channel under another name, make superficial changes to appease the Western intelligence agencies who then assume they have won a victory, lose interest and concentration, and meanwhile pro-terror enemy propaganda broadcasting continues and never at any point in time is the West achieving a responsible control of these Egyptian and Arab satellites because the management of the satellites is in unreliable hands of regimes who have a status quo to defend and western influence to fight against in case real democratic revolutions oust their boss dictators or kings.

Al Zawraa was stopped in 2007 by jamming but this was a very flagrant pro-terrorist channel which could not be overlooked even by the most negligent of Western military intelligence agencies.

I can't speak Arabic but English-language TV such as the BBC does report that other Arabic satellite channels are including and promoting pro-terrorist views into news and comment programming.

Although enemy propaganda broadcasting continues it does not seem to be generating enough focused anger in the West to lead to a strong enough demand to get all offending Arabic channels taken off the air and the satellite management into responsible hands.

I would say the response of the West and NATO has been inadequate, insufficiently robust, lame and pathetic.

In terms of winning the war against Gaddafi, and the wider global war on terror, I think a solution to the enemy satellite propaganda problem could be NATO seizing control of Arab / Egyptian satellites or if that is not possible perhaps knocking those satellites out of operation altogether, perhaps putting those satellite managers on the FBI’s most-wanted list, getting Interpol arrest warrants for them, whisking them off to Guantanamo, whatever.

Confronting and dealing with the enemy-controlled satellite TV problem I feel would be much more of a “silver bullet” to winning the global war on terror than taking out Bin Laden, welcome though that was.

Is President Obama getting the intelligence advice he needs?

Didn’t I hear Obama say something in a speech about “satellite TV helping the Arab-spring revolutions”? It is not that simple Mr President.

Satellites like guns are weapons of war and they are neither intrinsically good nor bad – it depends on who is controlling them and on whose side they are on.

It may be that in order to placate western impatience with the pace of Arab democratisation, to lull President Obama and his advisors into a belief that Arab satellite broadcasting could and should be left alone in Arab regime hands, last year a certain relaxing of control of satellite TV output was allowed by Arab regime military and intelligence advisors to allow some criticism of dictators, to organise protest demonstrations, to prompt the Arab spring and to accept the sacrifice of a couple of aging dictators?

Perhaps some Arab regimes have given a little to avoid losing everything which is what might happen if NATO seizes control over all Arabic language satellite broadcasting.

NATO intelligence agencies do need to focus on the Arabic satellite control problem and we need a robust longer-lasting solution than simply a temporary jamming of certain satellite channels at certain times which is too little and too late to confront and defeat Arabic enemy propaganda.

If destroying enemy satellites is the last resort then better that than losing any war. We simply cannot afford to put the profits of western satellite companies before the interests of winning our wars.

The west built those satellites, we put them into orbit, we handed them over to our enemies and now we are paying the price for handing the enemy a weapon they are using against us.

I hope NATO acts decisively and soon.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Mr Peter Dow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Peter Dow

You Support the modern fascists NATO? why i am not surprised

Gaddafi's propaganda machine is part of his war effort against us and we need to shut it up. So that is why it is has been (unsuccessfully) targeted by NATO.

Gaddafi's propaganda machine? oh you mean the mainstream news outlets propaganda machine, the east libyans rebels, are terrorists hired by the western governments to steal the resources wake up sheep

In terms of winning the war against Gaddafi, and the wider global war on terror, I think a solution to the enemy satellite propaganda problem could be NATO seizing control of Arab / Egyptian satellites or if that is not possible perhaps knocking those satellites out of operation altogether, perhaps putting those satellite managers on the FBI’s most-wanted list, getting Interpol arrest warrants for them, whisking them off to Guantanamo, whatever.

What war on terror? the american government sees its citizens as the enemy
edit on 8-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Shut Gaddafi's state TV up!

Libyan State TV Talk Show Not The Usual Propaganda

Yosif A. Shakeir is host of Ashem al-Watan (or "Hope of the Nation"), which is seen on the Libyan state TV channel. The show is using the airwaves in Libya to keep hope for Moammar Gadhafi's regime alive.

There's a war Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is waging in addition to the one against Libyan rebels and NATO: a propaganda war on the airwaves. His goal is to persuade Libyans to support him, and his top commander in that effort is a U.S.-educated political scientist.

Experts say that format could help Gadhafi in his struggle to stay in power.

"The mass media in any country, especially in the dictatorial countries, serve as agents of control by the regime," says Yahya Kamalipour, the head of the Department of Communication and Creative Arts at Purdue University Calumet in Hammond, Ind. "And of course, entertainment is the best vehicle and the most effective form of propaganda

• Bomb him.
  • Bomb his show.
  • Bomb the Libyan state TV aerials, the radio frequency amplifiers and buildings they are housed in.
  • Bomb Gaddafi's information ministers or spokesperson's news conferences.

I don't want to hear a peep on the air-waves from Gaddafi or from any of his goons. Bomb the lot.

NATO - get a grip! Take Gaddafi TV off the air like you said you would.

top topics

join