It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that C/2010 X1 is not a Comet as US Govt/NASA states, but is something extremley larger in mas

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

we have recently discovered we might not be from the milky way..so basically we are screwed on were we are...

but..

considering the fact that the mayans were able to calculate moon phases for thousand of years precisely , by observing the dark rift they calculated the planet will go through changes by the end of their long calendar thus 2012

this is what guided the mayans...as when stars guided explorers

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60304a9b5273.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I could say that based on the carbon dating we are headed for some changes in the next period.
When how and to what extreme remains to be seen.

As for the mayans. Theres a lot of speculation regarding their calender.

Guess we will still just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

here is a nice collection of ice core temperature graphs...

all indicate though the same thing

Ice Core Temp Graphs

its interesting also i think what effects the CO2..the number of plants and living things on the planet ?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well that is an impressive set of posts & data no doubt. Couple things you are leaving out. Well 1 big thing really. Science is not absolute. Let me say it again science is NOT ABSOLUTE. You can sit there and point out all the little time line's etc on your ice core data but the fact still remains that we are looking back on this from several thousand years. We can hypothesize all we want about what caused it, what the conditions where, and when we may expect it again. The FACT is we were not there, we do not know for certain what caused these events other then its a cycle. Getting freaked out is not the answer. If it were to happen as horribly and quickly as you surmize then bam your a popsicle and all your plans are all for naught.

Go out and enjoy life instead of what your doing now.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

i really enjoyed your post until the last line sry..

"Go out and enjoy life instead of what your doing now."

dont try to picture me as a dooms freak no lifer..its not fair..

you dont know me...

i enjoy life to the full..trust me on this one..but one of my hobbies if figure out things..and as you can see it took me a while to put the pieces of the puzzle together..

to me it seems a perfect fit...

as to my preparations..it was a heck of a fun ride ..trust on this one..

before picturing me a freak on bad things you have to know me..

Do you think its worted to prepapre?

also i learnt how to shoot..take care of my weapon, basic survival skills..

what there is wrong with all this??

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

cheers for that !

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by guitarplayer

Hell yeah we do!

Hey wait up! I just gotta run to the barn and get my pitch fork and torch, I'll be right back.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The updated prediction for the intensity of the next solar cycle is first and foremost an opinion. Secondly, it was not a unanimous decision which means at least some of the scientist studying the data disagreed with that conclusion. Just because recent data may support that claim doesn't make it a fact. It also shows that they have changed their minds at least once before.

The updated prediction came after the 30-50% stronger maximum claim and only a few months before the 2012 movie was released. We all know NASA received thousands of emails asking about what was actually going to occur. I think NASA was aware of what was going to happen when the movie was released but they underestimated the amount of attention it would receive.

Looking on NASA's site regarding 2012 they put out 3 articles within days of each other. The second release is almost a copy and pasted response from the first article with one discrepancy, the claim that it was going to be an average cycle was removed. NASA, at least according to the scientist video and statements, is SURE nothing will happen in 2012. No scientist can claim such a thing. It's a prediction they are stating as a fact. It would have been more appropriate to say "according to the current data we believe" etc.
edit on 3-6-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are right I do not know you. Your posts may very well present you in the wrong light. However, not having much to go on there is not a lot I summarize. That being said you may very well not be a doom day type but you do come as one in this thread. I don't disagree that its a good thing to be prepared. Only issue what are you preparing for?? I ask because if you read every single doomsday thread here well there just isn't enough in the to deak with it all. So accept my apoligies for assuming.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

apologies accepted...

friends +1

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadMaxZombie
reply to post by boncho

well, Gliese 229/581 is a RED dwarf star...not BROWN. so, does that make a difference in if we can see it or not? Gliese 581 has at least one planet orbiting around it (581c)...just like the many that orbit around "Nibiru" maybe?

Gleise 229 is a RED dwarf. Gleise 229b is a BROWN dwarf. There has been no Gleise 229c detected that I'm aware of.

Gleise 581 is a different star altogether, and has at least 4, possibly as many as six, planets.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911
reply to post by TheUniverse

And if it did have a 3600 year orbit and was the mass of a brown Dwarf which is 8-10+ Jupiter Masses or more

Brown Dwarfs vary in size from the the size of Jupiter to 80 Jupiter masses. There is plenty other information here on brown dwarfs, it also supports the fact that most are only visible in infrared.

en.wikipedia.org...

You are confusing "size" and "mass".

Brown dwarves are about the SIZE (diameter) of Jupiter, +/-. Their MASS is radically different, however, running from around 13 Jovian masses to 75 or 80. The lines are not well defined, but those are the generally accepted parameters.

This means their DENSITY is a lot greater than Jupiter's.

If a body with 13 Jovian masses (at a MINIMUM) were in the orbit attributed to Elenin, havoc would have been wrought in the solar system long ago, and we would not be here now.

If a body of that mass were inbound from outside the solar system as an interloper, and were at the position of Elenin now, we would SEE it in the night sky, brighter than Sirius. It would reflect sunlight at a minimum, and likely radiate light of it's own (unless it were VERY old), even if mostly in the infrared. Likewise, Jupiter radiates a bit over TWICE the energy it receives from the sun, but it doesn't "glow" like a star in the visible. Nonetheless, we can see it very clearly in visible light.

Please do read your own links before posting them and misquoting from them.

edit on 2011/6/3 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaeBea
reply to post by my3911

For this to be nothing good ole' weedwhacker sure is spending alot of time defending his stance!! If this is nothing I wonder why he is trying so hard to discredit an opinion?

"The louder the opposition protests the more you know you are on the right track"

"All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident". - Arthur Schopenhauer

He has the first two checked off; come Sept./Oct. he can complete the cycle!

You know, I don't agree with Weedwhacker on very much, but in this case he's absolutely right.

I'm mightily glad that there are some folks around who will call out fear-mongering and BS for what it is, I personally had intended to not post in this thread at all, but when the BS got deep enough that I was in danger of having my breathing blocked off, I HAD to jump into it.

That's no small amount of BS, either - I'm a fairly tall guy!

I think the tipping point was when the OP insinuated that Weedwhacker was some sort of "DisInfo Agent" because he lives on the same planet as a (GASP!) military outfit!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This topic has had the goal posts moved a dozen times, now. This topic isn't about Co2 emissions, global warming, and whether we are on the verge of imminent climate change as part of a natural cycle based on our position relative to the galactic plane. It's about the assertion of undeniable proof that Elenin isn't a comet. No such undeniable proof is offered. Any evidence to that effect has been countered with evidence to the contrary for everyone’s consideration (whether one chooses to heed it or not is of course a personal decision.)

And no, people who choose to believe in and prepare for such climactic changes need not be lifeless, fearful, or wasting time, and I respect those individuals' opinions and life choices regardless of whether I share them. But likewise, those holding opinions to the contrary, or who simply point out that no proof has been offered for the assertions made in this thread, does not make people "disinfo agents." It makes them people pointing things out and expressing their own opinions just like everyone else in this topic.

Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Mostly agree, except where you say people pointing out evidence counter to the claims made by the OP are sharing "opinion." It isn't opinion, it's scientifically verified reality.

Elenin is a harmless little comet.

That is not a statement of "opinion," it's a statement of fact. Whether you believe it or not is up to you as always, but its residence in the plane of actual reality has no dependence upon whether people believe it or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

I agree with you. I'm just trying to be respectful of dissenting points of view (regardless of how much I may disagree with them.) Because in the opinion of those individuals, the scientifically valid reality as you call it is a lie being intentionally perpetuated. I don't personally believe that, but I'm tolerant and respectful of that point of view (but not of the assertion of "proof" where there isn't any, hence my posts herein.) And, it could be argued that accepting the scientific evidence as the basis for our view of reality is an opinion, even if you don't see it that way yourself... if that makes any sense.

Peace.
edit on 6/4/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Okay.

There's a time and a place for "to each his own" and relativity. Great. But there's also a line that is quite independent of opinion and feelings, that says some statements are just wrong. All this mumbo-jumbo about science being a great big conspiracy and the government hiding some extinction-level-event might be true, at some point in the future (I'm not saying science and the government are incapable of that kind of behavior), but with respect to Elenin, it simply is not true. No matter what you "believe," no matter how you "Feel," no matter how many bogus Youtube videos you've seen, it isn't true.

There's a difference between respecting opinion and simply letting people lazily get away with pretending any old thing might be true, when in fact what they "believe" might simply be wrong. They are wrong about this, they are spreading disinformation and false science, and I see no reason to "respect" them for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

And yet they will still disagree. You can scream from the mountain tops that they are wrong and show them all the science in the world, and they will still disagree. They are almost religious about these beliefs. Therefore, educate, yes. Inform, yes. Be skeptical, yes. But there comes a time when I (can't speak for or to anyone else's feelings about it) must simply accept - however grudgingly - that people are going to believe what they believe, and respect that choice on their part whether I agree with it or not.

This becomes a problem when they assert those beliefs as facts without providing any empirical proof, which is why I have posted in this thread. There is no proof of the claims made by the OP, and numerous people have pointed this out. Moreover, there is abundant scientific evidence to the contrary, which has also been demonstrated in this and many other topics.

And yet... people still believe what they believe.

I can't force anyone else to believe something other than what they're intent on believing, and I choose to hold some degree of respect for that, personally. You don't feel the same way, which is fine. As you said... to each their own. (Just as you and I will no doubt have to agree to disagree on that point.)

Peace.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I believe you.. I don't know why but im having this awful feeling that something will happen..! Most of the people don't believe in the comet or what ever.. but they are just afraid.. to bad.. because if they are here.. its because deep inside they believe..!

Question: Its septemeber this year? i though it will be nov/dec next year

Peace man!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
***FLASH!***

FROM THE OP...

New thread with promised, hard data, regarding this subject is located here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace be with you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>