It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that C/2010 X1 is not a Comet as US Govt/NASA states, but is something extremley larger in mas

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by factbandit

NASA has been monitoring this comet for quite sometime now, and IN FACT, it has been effecting Earth since 1965 gravitationally. If it didn't exist why would NASA have diagrams of it's projectory on their Near Earth Objects data? It's real, it's very large, I've read some scientists depiction that it is one quarter the size of the moon, and others claiming it's as large as Jupiter.

Could you provide some sources for these extraordinary statements other than YouTube?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

I would guess that if the author submitted this paper at University that he recieved a failing grade. What was the peer review of his data. Was there any? Stupid people with wild ideas go to college too.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Dude you are seriously grasping at straws! How many people do you think are active sky watchers? Rough ball park several million now as much news as this comet has gotten how many people do you think are out there actively looking for this comet? I'm willing to bet a bunch. A lot of these people aren't equipped with your average mead telescope either. They have some pretty good gear.

Now common sense is going to tell you that A. People are going to spot something odd about this comet if anything you were saying was remotely true. B. The governments of the world could not shut a million + people up about it no matter how hard they tried.

And you can't sit there and use people's videos being yanked from youtube as proof that they are being silenced. If all the sudden big name amateur astronomers were dying in mysterious accidents then that would be something

Use some common sense for Christ's sake.

Seems to me that sense is not so common with Nibiru/ Brown Dwarf people.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Where is your source for the statement that Brown Dwarf stars absorb light?

Black dwarf
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A black dwarf is a hypothetical stellar remnant, created when a white dwarf becomes sufficiently cool to no longer emit significant heat or light. Since the time required for a white dwarf to reach this state is calculated to be longer than the current age of the universe of 13.7 billion years, no black dwarfs are expected to exist in the universe yet, and the temperature of the coolest white dwarfs is one observational limit on the age of the universe.

and from the same source further down the same page......

The name black dwarf has also been applied to sub-stellar objects which do not have sufficient mass, approximately 0.08 solar masses, to maintain hydrogen-burning nuclear fusion.[7] These objects are now generally called brown dwarfs, a term coined in the 1970s.[8] Black dwarfs should not be confused with black holes or neutron stars.

Notice the bolded text. I am not sure I agree with this explanation because I always believed a star collapsed on itself and formed a black hole, BUT since you appeared unaware of what a black/brown dwarf was I am giving you an explanation.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by curiouswa

.....this "comet" is only visible in the infrared.

That is false.

The Comet Elenin has been imaged, in visible light.

The man who discovered it saw it, in visible light.

Okay, show me an interview with Mr. Elenin or a paper of his discussing it. I will happily listen to it, but I do feel as those Mr. Elenin is hired by our government to state he found this "comet" (for a buy-off). I truly do not believe this is a "comet" due to the influence it has/had over other planets when aligned w/in our solar system.

Ok if this was a planet or brown dwarf star and the govt didnt want us to know about it why even draw attention to the area of space its in by claiming a comet is there? Why not say nothing, dont announce a comet , dont say anything. Wouldnt that be the smarter move? No its smarter to say its a comet and give it a neato name that can be a code for extinction level event nibiru is near and start a conspiracy. And pay someone to bring this comet to our attention. Wouldnt it be smarter to not have anyone looking in this direction in the first place?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Why are you one of those persons that continously confuses nibiru with nemesis?

Nibiru is said to be an orion planetoid and nemesis is said to be a brown dwarf star.

It is possible that nibiru orbits nemesis, and if nemesis enters our solar system then so does nibiru.

Its all speculation!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by DJW001

Where is your source for the statement that Brown Dwarf stars absorb light?

Black dwarf
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A black dwarf is a hypothetical stellar remnant, created when a white dwarf becomes sufficiently cool to no longer emit significant heat or light. Since the time required for a white dwarf to reach this state is calculated to be longer than the current age of the universe of 13.7 billion years, no black dwarfs are expected to exist in the universe yet, and the temperature of the coolest white dwarfs is one observational limit on the age of the universe.

and from the same source further down the same page......

The name black dwarf has also been applied to sub-stellar objects which do not have sufficient mass, approximately 0.08 solar masses, to maintain hydrogen-burning nuclear fusion.[7] These objects are now generally called brown dwarfs, a term coined in the 1970s.[8] Black dwarfs should not be confused with black holes or neutron stars.

Notice the bolded text. I am not sure I agree with this explanation because I always believed a star collapsed on itself and formed a black hole, BUT since you appeared unaware of what a black/brown dwarf was I am giving you an explanation.

But nowhere in that text does it say that a brown dearf absorbs light. It does say that is no longer emits light which is not the same thing as absorbing light. Everything absorbs light and everything reflects light. A blue shirt absorbs all the reds,yellows and greens and reflects back the blue. Absorbed and reflectied light is why we see color.
edit on 1-6-2011 by karen61057 because: add clarification

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Nibiru is said to be an orion planetoid and nemesis is said to be a brown dwarf star.

It is possible that nibiru orbits nemesis, and if nemesis enters our solar system then so does nibiru.

Its all speculation!

I also confuse Chris Kringle and Santa Claus, doesnt make either one of them real.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

But nowhere in that text does it say that a brown dearf absorbs light. It does say that is no longer emits light which is not the same thing as absorbing light. Everything absorbs light and everything reflects light. A blue shirt absorbs all the reds,yellows and greens and reflects back the blue. Absorbed and reflectied light is why we see color.

Dark colors do not reflect much light, they primarily absorb it. That is why in the winter people wear dark colors to keep the heat within their bodies and in summer they wear lighter colors to reflect the heat off themselves.

Then add the fact that a black/brown dwarf does not emit light of its own because its a failed system, thus making it extremely difficult to spot with conventional telescopes. They use infrared scanners such as WISE to get better results.
edit on 6/1/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: sorry for the edit, too many beers lol

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Its all speculation!

I also confuse Chris Kringle and Santa Claus, doesnt make either one of them real.

Perhaps this video helps? There is more "credible" information about nemesis than nibiru.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nemesis is a hypothetical hard-to-detect red dwarf star,[1] white dwarf star[2] or brown dwarf,[3] orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 50,000 to 100,000 AU (about 0.8-1.5 light-years), somewhat beyond the Oort cloud.[4]

HYPOTHETICAL! Not only that its orbit is so far out it would not enter the inner system if it even existed

You want to be taken serious?? Find something more credible then youtube videos.
edit on 1-6-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The term brown dwarf has nothing to do with color. From the source referenced on wikipedia:

A sub-stellar object – one that is intermediate in mass between a star and a planet; brown dwarfs (which are not really brown but a very dull red) are sometimes described as "failed stars" because they are not massive enough to have initiated hydrogen fusion (see hydrogen burning) in their cores.

www.daviddarling.info...

Under the spectrum of the Sun, a brown dwarf would have a bond albedo similar to that of Jupiter and Neptune (Fig. 9).
iopscience.iop.org...

Brown dwarfs are like gas giant planets, only more massive (hint...stellar objects). Another gas giant anywhere near of the orbit of Saturn would be plainly visible in the night sky.

edit on 6/1/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Finally and As Usual:

PHAGE = SOLID GOLD.

Thanks for the clarity and links Phage, your input is always welcome and appreciated.

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I know this is sort of off topic but let’s say that this comet, brown dwarf is real and that the PTB have been lying to us, about the chances and the severity of the passing of this object. Do we as a humanity trust governments after this? They will all be in their underground bunkers, bunkers that have been paid for by our tax dollars. When they announce that that knew all along but was not telling us because they thought it was in our best interests, do we go after them, screw up their plans so that many of them will go out like many of us will? How would this effect you and what would you do if this happens?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Hell yeah we do!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Awww.. c'mon Phage, give the newbies a chance....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I did ask what I was looking at and you answered
Thank you for the extra information, it was very helpful. I will definitely check out Stellarium, quite often get a crick in my neck looking at the stars, can't seem to stop looking at the sky

I don't mind the odd bit of BIN and I have seen a percentage of rubbish on this site as well, but it depends on what your interested in though doesn't it?

Any tips on keeping up here on ATS? A reply alert or thread tracker would be helpful, or does it exist and I haven't found it yet too?
Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Dark colors do not reflect much light, they primarily absorb it. That is why in the winter people wear dark colors to keep the heat within their bodies and in summer they wear lighter colors to reflect the heat off themselves.

Then add the fact that a black/brown dwarf does not emit light of its own because its a failed system, thus making it extremely difficult to spot with conventional telescopes. They use infrared scanners such as WISE to get better results.
edit on 6/1/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: sorry for the edit, too many beers lol

The quote you posted previously about black dwarves say they are stars which have cooled, not stars that have "failed" to start.

When a body has sufficient mass, gravitation causes nuclear processes to begin in the core (fusing Hydrogen into Helium) and they become stars. When they have consumed all their available nuclear fuels and their mass is insufficient to support further nuclear reactions, they can then become black dwarves as quoted.

I have also see the definition of a brown dwarf as a very large gas giant that has not yet achieved fusion but the quote you posted differs about that.

One thing does remain, however:

Jupiter does not emit its own light (essentially) and yet we can see it because it reflects light from the Sun.

Yet you are proposing an object larger than Jupiter, of a similar makeup to Jupiter (gas giant) closer to us than Jupiter and invisible because it absorbs convetional light but somehow is visible in the infrared (implying internal heat of a burned out star)?

Please note that comets are cold objects, their cores have been observed to be dark in colour (link to NASA Deep Impact Mission for some light reading) but they have been observed in normal light at distances further away than comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) is now. They are also tiny compared with the surface of a proposed brown or black dwarf.

If it was there and was a black or brown dwarf, we'd see it by now. Simple as that!
edit on 2/6/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hello WeedWhacker, Are You Receiving My Transmission?

I am still waiting on your reply to the post "quoted" below.

You Already Had A Hand In Sending This Thread To The SKUNK WORKS.

Yet, even then, ATS's Almighty PHAGE Replied.

Enjoy The night terrors...

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

EXCUSE ME?

WoW!!! THIS IS NOT DENYING IGNORANCE, THIS IS DENYING CIVILITY

That post, that you replied to??? So, you saw fit to make such an annoying reply on THAT post of mine? And, you dared to call ME "uncivil"????

"WoW!!!", indeed...............................

I do not understand these sentence fragments and/or ramblings..
Some might consider poor sentence structure and incoherent ramblings:

a disservice to thinking, educated people everywhere.

As for ELENIN (whatever heavenly body you want to apply to it) C/2010 X1, your claiming that you know every fact about it's make-up, size, effects, trajectory and everybody else is uneducated?
No additional questions needed? Insults and attacks are a proper method of:

thinking, educated people everywhere.

But I have never attacked and insulted an OP over spelling and/or grammar.
At least those fragments are GOLD so they must be more important than a regular ATS Member's comments.

Great, can you provide an actual link to a WEEDWHACKER Thread that you created that states all this incredible knowledge?
Also, as a fellow ATS Member if such a thread exists I would high suggest you forward the data to every university in the world as I am pretty certain you would be offered quite a career.

That makes about as much sense as someone stating that a GOLD CONTRIBUTION LEVEL = Spamming, Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder and "PROOF" of absolutely zero life.

Now go run to the whoever and get my words removed using that GOLD status. First I would check to be certain you do not have a tungsten core.

Focus, and chose your words wisely as I do not like misdirection and having things taken out of context for the advancement of an ulterior motive. There just may be some thinking and educated ATS Members(please note the proper use or non-use of punctuation) reading others words.

I am an ATS Member and I want to read the future data the OP has assured us he will present.
edit on 6/1/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: Typo

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

this belongs in skunkworks.. what is the problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join