It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that C/2010 X1 is not a Comet as US Govt/NASA states, but is something extremley larger in mas

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That isn't an alignment, it only looks like one in two dimensions. Please consider the fact that all the planets are also higher and lower on the solar plane with respect to one another, and the same is true for the comet.

Even if it was an alignment, even if it included Earth and the Sun, nothing would happen. Alignments don't mean anything. There is no magical linear configuration of anything in the cosmos that somehow changes the effects of gravity or mass or inertia or anything else. Things line up all the time and nothing happens, adding a teeny tiny little comet to the mix isn't going to change that.

PLEASE GIVE UP ON THE ELENIN THING.

For the love of God, every time aliens read this kind of thing, it makes them more convinced that we're too dumb to handle contact. And I really really really want them to contact us, so arrogant people like me can finally not waste so much energy calling UFOs bunk. Seriously, I have better things to do, and you could at least help out by not tempting me so much.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by curiouswa

Your link doesn't go to Sumerian information and the NASA picture of the comet's trajectory clearly shows the orbit to be exactly like what has been talked about within ancient text, along with what Robert Harrington, chief astronomer of NASA talked about. He said the planets were being affected by what he and others thought of as an extra heavenly body (call it a planet, brown dwarf, etc).

That's because there is no Sumerian information about astronomy. We only know that they had names for the planets and constellations because the Babylonians used them. That's the point. If you are genuinely interested in ancient astronomy, here is a reading list. As you can see, if you are too lazy to actually learn Akkadian (a truly ugly language) you will at least need to learn to read German. No ancient text describes orbits; the Babylonians used "step functions" to predict the planets movements.

As for Robert Harrington, I suggest you actually read his paper: He says:

Planet X, if it exists at all, is most likely to be found, at present, in the region of Scorpius, with a considerably lesser likelihood that it is in Taurus.

Harrington proposed a much more distant body that stayed outside of the orbit of Pluto. It has never been found because his calculations were based on an erroneous value for the mass of Neptune. By the way, how is that search for a citation that Brown Dwarf stars are invisible going?

I already stated in a video the fact that this "comet" is only visible in the infrared. Sorry for the ADHD folks who only look at the first sentence of posts.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Dude you are seriously grasping at straws! How many people do you think are active sky watchers? Rough ball park several million now as much news as this comet has gotten how many people do you think are out there actively looking for this comet? I'm willing to bet a bunch. A lot of these people aren't equipped with your average mead telescope either. They have some pretty good gear.

Now common sense is going to tell you that A. People are going to spot something odd about this comet if anything you were saying was remotely true. B. The governments of the world could not shut a million + people up about it no matter how hard they tried.

And you can't sit there and use people's videos being yanked from youtube as proof that they are being silenced. If all the sudden big name amateur astronomers were dying in mysterious accidents then that would be something

Use some common sense for Christ's sake.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
That isn't an alignment, it only looks like one in two dimensions. Please consider the fact that all the planets are also higher and lower on the solar plane with respect to one another, and the same is true for the comet.

Even if it was an alignment, even if it included Earth and the Sun, nothing would happen. Alignments don't mean anything. There is no magical linear configuration of anything in the cosmos that somehow changes the effects of gravity or mass or inertia or anything else. Things line up all the time and nothing happens, adding a teeny tiny little comet to the mix isn't going to change that.

PLEASE GIVE UP ON THE ELENIN THING.

For the love of God, every time aliens read this kind of thing, it makes them more convinced that we're too dumb to handle contact. And I really really really want them to contact us, so arrogant people like me can finally not waste so much energy calling UFOs bunk. Seriously, I have better things to do, and you could at least help out by not tempting me so much.

OMG! Are you serious? Who said what you are saying was said? It's a trajectory of a brown dwarf star whose orbit seem to be on the same trajectory as the long-awaited Nibiru/Planet X.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Dude you are seriously grasping at straws! How many people do you think are active sky watchers? Rough ball park several million now as much news as this comet has gotten how many people do you think are out there actively looking for this comet? I'm willing to bet a bunch. A lot of these people aren't equipped with your average mead telescope either. They have some pretty good gear.

Now common sense is going to tell you that A. People are going to spot something odd about this comet if anything you were saying was remotely true. B. The governments of the world could not shut a million + people up about it no matter how hard they tried.

And you can't sit there and use people's videos being yanked from youtube as proof that they are being silenced. If all the sudden big name amateur astronomers were dying in mysterious accidents then that would be something

Use some common sense for Christ's sake.

Yeah, like the fact there are aliens in OUR universe and our governments are jumping up/down to tell citizen. Pleaseeeeee!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

.....this "comet" is only visible in the infrared.

That is false.

The Comet Elenin has been imaged, in visible light.

The man who discovered it saw it, in visible light.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

.....this "comet" is only visible in the infrared.

That is false.

The Comet Elenin has been imaged, in visible light.

The man who discovered it saw it, in visible light.

Okay, show me an interview with Mr. Elenin or a paper of his discussing it. I will happily listen to it, but I do feel as those Mr. Elenin is hired by our government to state he found this "comet" (for a buy-off). I truly do not believe this is a "comet" due to the influence it has/had over other planets when aligned w/in our solar system.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Pray tell what influence is that??

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

...I do feel as those Mr. Elenin is hired by our government....

Oh...you're Russian?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

...I do feel as those Mr. Elenin is hired by our government....

Oh...you're Russian?

Yes, I'm Russian - NOT. No, by the USA (sorry for not clarifying).

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Still waiting for your empirical evidence as to this comet disturbing other planets in our system.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

It's your responsibility to provide the empirical evidence in dispute of the evidence we have provided.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You haven't provided anything except a bunch of crap you tube videos.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And what are you "lazy" you can't even provide that??? Go to another thread if you aren't going to provide contrary evidence besides your lousy statements that are backed by nothing!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

*rolls eyes* I am not the one who a few posts above made the outlandish claim that the comet is disturbing other planets along with claiming that the discover was hired by your government. So once again the burden of proof does not fall upon me to provide evidence. As I am not the one making claims. You do understand that right? Because so far you have proved to have an absolute crap mentality about anyone refuting your idiotic claims.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouswa

And what are you "lazy" you can't even provide that??? Go to another thread if you aren't going to provide contrary evidence besides your lousy statements that are backed by nothing!

start here and read all the links
rationalwiki.org...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm so sorry about the link (I will educate myself soon I promise!), not sure if this is posted already, gets real interesting at 2:14
______beforeitsnews/story/676/521/Two_Suns_Rise_over_Hawaii:_May_29,_2011_HD.html

What AM I looking at?
Can someone post clip for me? Please?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I'm so sorry about the link (I will educate myself soon I promise!), not sure if this is posted already, gets real interesting at 2:14
______beforeitsnews/story/676/521/Two_Suns_Rise_over_Hawaii:_May_29,_2011_HD.html

What AM I looking at?
Can someone post clip for me? Please?

You're looking at the moon rising right before the sun. You can tell that's what it is by the way it's obvious that it's the moon.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Those are lens flares.

That is all.

Common, when a camera is pointing at a very bright light source. The Sun is a very bright light source.

Edit: "B.I.N." is NOT a credible source, anymore...too many bogus, junk threads have been started, from its content.

edit on Wed 1 June 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So is it lens flare or the moon? Right at the end of the clip the sun comes up. Sorry not convinced with your explanations, just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join