It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is losing it's intergrity - They're gaining on us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'm new to the forums but already I see what you mean. I've seen too many topics even today claiming "Undeniable proof" of this or that and when you actually look at the thread it's pure conjecture. I can recall one (yesterday I believe) about the HAARP system that had individuals making accusations and posting data they even freely admit to having absolutely no understanding of. People have become too lazy to actually research and comprehend what they're putting out.

examples:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And other posts are just wastes of bandwidth. There's one up now claiming this site is run by NWO, one line, just a pure joke/accusation. Seems even conspiracy theorist don't take discovery of truth seriously anymore.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

i would like to complain about the thread
op why did you just add to the problem?

would you like to make the site better
stop complaining and find something to resurch
the best way to fix the problems is to lead by example

whats your favourite subject?
get all the info together and write a mega thread
put time and effort into it
and alert staff if the trolls roll your way

dont get angry get creative

xploder

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by ELahrairah

School being out for the summer always brings an increase in trolling and general T&C violations.

Every year when school is back in, there is a noticeable reduction in trolling, bad threads and general T&C violations.

It is experience talking. I do consider myself a veteran and there are plenty who are far more veteran than I.

But as I said, every year about this time, there is an increase in what I guess you could call, stupidity on the site... But that should be reduced in a couple months.

Just hang in there. It will get better!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I wrote a thread a while back pretty much saying the same thing.

There's not much we can do. The anti political, religious, anti-conspiracy and anti "out-of-the-box" thinker assassins have been on this site for a while. Even some of our most experienced members have fallen prey to the hype!

I guess we just move on......

Ok if you find it before I do send me a link LOL Good luck
2nd line
maybe 3th I'm thinking ????????????????????????

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Well, clearly I didn't mean to add to the problem. I just thought I'd share how much it bothered me that thread/post quality was on the decline.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
What happens is everything that allows freedom of speech becomes tainted in the end. People didn't trust the media so they some to places like ATS which is now worse than the media they moaned about because even the media are no so stupid to print stuff like aliens and haarp and rediculous conspiracy stuff.

Moral - freedom of speech does not neccesarily bring forth the truth or rationale.

Answer - when we think we are finally free we find we are truly bound up, because freedom to do anything you want is what has collapsed every civilisation that ever existed and we are headed that way too.

...Ah, now I've begun another thread and started it all over again...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by wcitizen
Here is one more recent example of what you describe:

I really hope the mods do something about these threads.

Yes, if you'll notice I posted on that (ridicule of course) right before I created this thread.

I REALLY want the old ATS back. I loved reading threads with SUPER LONG op's and a whole lot of links and sources.

I'm glad to see that thread has now been deleted.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

the sheer number of similar rants should at least make you comfortable in the knowledge that most of us agree with you. I still don't count all of this as an actual operation to discredit the site, those are easy to spot as the sources they provide are actually the disinfo. For the most part I see an influx of kids, physically or mentally, as the site breaks ground getting attention out there more and more people hear about it, more and more people want to get involved.

Sadly, that brings the pathetic side of the internet out, people so lonely and pathetic in real life, they come here and make up abduction stories, or whatever topic suits them, so they can be part of the "group". And you can't deny groups have formed and are protecting certain topics rigorously, while other groups seem dedicated to disrupting other topics.

Some people come here expecting a news site, where they can just open a thread, post a link to a story, and walk away. Nope, it would be infowars or something you are looking for. Others treat it like a broad facebook style discussion board about their daily made up experiences. Again, not exactly the purpose.

We're in the middle. We should be talking about the content outlined in the possible forum sections, with an obvious slant to the conspiracy side. This is why the religion threads, the current wave of them, are out of place and often closed down. While not only regurgitating content already on here, they fail to fit the standards for ATS content as it's usually just citing bible versus. There's no conspiracy, and the only reason to do that is a weak attempt to convert people.

The same is happening with the mystics, profits (this is on purpose as they are in it for $$$) and others, Mostly attention seeking. Some just here to waste peoples time.

A few are probably part of an actual operation, but they would be the minority.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Bang on man!

It has become painfully obvious over the past couple of months that threads are either lazily put together (obviously not all!!) or we are getting trolled at a much higher level-thus watering down the content/message

I've also seen first hand where threads get overwhelmed by bickering and personal attacks as opposed to
''Ok, interesting post but I dont agree for followong reasons...etc'' or vice versa.

The objectivity is ebbing slightly! hopefully it'll be flowing soon again!
I have faith!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Hi. I'm new here in terms of writing, but have been reading the site for a few months now. Can some of the old timers on this thread please link some of their favorite threads from the past, to show both the quality and to share some of the better information available with readers. Thanks!

Interesting you should say that, because as it is Memorial Day, I thought I would "remember" some of my favorite old threads by bumping them today.

I'll be off and on, so look for them. Don't guess I'm an "old timer", but still, have seen some excellent threads in my time.

By the way, everything is still the same. People were complaining about the same things in 2007 and 2008.
Correlation with school letting out? Of course, as always. They will get bored and go away, or eventually be banned, so be patient.

Before the redesign, members were able to post on their profile pages, their own three favorite threads. I used to love to visit members, old and new, profile pages and read their favorite threads.

I wish we could have that feature back. S.O.? Springer? Pretty Please?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"“ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country”

- (kennedy , Gen. Omar N. Bradley , Cicero (Marcus Tullius Cicero) , unknown poet ) depending on who you ask ...

the point being . If you don't like the context don't wait for ATS to hand it to you on a silver platter

You don't like the quality ? then contribute more and stop wasting threads b i t c h i n about it

Every negative thread on ATS about ATS just feeds the trolls / disinfo agents / replitians/bored house wifes/ psudoscientists / kids looking for attention etc .

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
this post couldn't be more accurate. i look around ats and i really wonder what happened. but when i think about it, it kinda makes sense. this is one of if not the most popular conspiracy forum on the internet. this is the first place disinfo would look and direct their efforts.

it sucks, because i used to post a lot more and enjoy being involved in intelligent conversation, but i find myself just saying 'screw it' more often because of the pointless arguments and lack of quality debate.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I just had my posts removed when i tried to post this video showing 2 suns! Why???Weird!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...this was a mistake

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I am not sure....but this could be why:

[The video that you linked can't be watched and it says DEBUNKED so I am wondering if this might be why it got pulled...I don't know though.

No I don't believe that at all and he made the original photos available.All he did was change the color right in front of us and there was a huge round thing like a planet, during the day in his photos, the location around the sun changed but it was still there and still the same distance from the sun...I am not easily impressed and i used to do photography and sell it...I believe he was telling the truth!
My posts were removed 3 of them in seconds ...is this the way they do with a debunked u-tube video? I would like to know if this is the usual?
edit on 30-5-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In nearly a decade of lurking on ATS I would say there is definitely a correlation between school letting out and new memberships.

However the one thing I did notice that doesn't seem to fit the school year pattern was an influx of new members starting in the fall of 2010 and continuing to this day. These are members who seem to be uber-trolls starting meaningless threads, posting negative comments and otherwise try to derail any serious discussions from taking place on ATS.

I know we've had our share of disinfo agents over the years but I can't help but think that Cyber Command and their 'personas' are working overtime on ATS.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's easy to spot the trolls. It's also easy to ignore them and just accept the fact that with all that's good, you must have the bad in order to create balance and truly appreciate the good for what it really is.

This last week I have only logged in a couple times to contribute to a thread, or catch up/maybe add to an already subscribed thread. It is what it is...

I still know that through ATS, I have the unique opportunity of learning about AND discussing the things that fascinate me, and even tick me off.

Let's have fun with the quality threads that we do know and be alert for more solid information as it comes. Do not let the poor quality veil the good... in other words, as it is stated clearly here, "Deny Ignorance!"

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Judging from the general attitude displayed by the "old-timers" and the staff here, I kind of doubt ATS was ever that good to begin with. I've yet to see any evidence that this alleged sharp decline in quality isn't to blame on nostalgia goggles doing their thing.

Also

it's intergrity

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only thing I can think of, is that more mainstream people are waking up and coming on, but lack the regular knowledge of things that we already know about. Things which are old news to many. When you get into the realm of conspiracies for the first time, there is a lot of info to take in all at once. They are just unable to dissect it properly. But I'm sure many do it for the purpose of disinfo and/or trolling. That is how it seems to me as most of the posts which you talk about are from people with a very low post count. I am no expert but I do know what NOT to say here lol.

Deebo
edit on 30-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

edit on 30-5-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join