It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My WW3 rant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have been reading some of the treads here...I am usually in survival forum...
There is all kinds of thoughts of attacks for WW3...EMP's ,IED's for revenge of Obama...I mean Osama..whatever...they are 1 in the same to me..lol

When Russia collapsed they sold there military to the highest bidder...well during that time, some 50 suitcase nukes dissappeared....now Iran has nuke abilities, pakistan, india, isreal, north Korea, china...the list isn't that big but the ones that have them is scary....with our current administration.

Our power grid is extemely weak...and in need of a huge overhaul...many countries are finding new oil or other forms for natural resources to use and develope for themselves.....we aren't...we print more money and sit on our big fat butts and still want the american dream...everything to be sunshine rainbows and lollipops...with a 20-30% return on our 401k's and life to be grand with .89 cent gas again.

We have the tornado's in the midwest and south, the floods in the south...fires in texas...food prices rising, building materials will...are also rising due to before mentioned.
The dollar is so weak, that the mexicans and canadians are making the jokes about our money...much like we did about there currancy 20 years ago...

We have massive amounts of people living off the system and many that are unemployed and cannot find or get work...there are so many things that contribute to the collapse of the dollar that it's an ice cream headache.....
If we do end up in war...whoever does it needs to do a chemical attack or a emp like in one second after to even think about taking over this country...I am not saying that they would be able to accomplish it, but we could end up with a world that is completely changed ...and it could happen very soon and life would be different in the blink of an eye...

The road we are on is at a critical point right now and we are all along for the ride...I hope you all have prepped... by stacking it high and stacking it deep.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I definitely feel you on that. This country is on the brink of collapse and the possibility of a disastrous earthquake striking either California or the Midwest could push us over the edge.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It all about Karma mate... and it is on its way back.

2nd

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you know part of me wants to say you are on the edge... but you know what ..... i believe we are in a weakened state and all above mentioned is fact..... and very sad...

there is no reason that a person should not be prepared for anything... the fact is if you are ready for all hell to break loose ... when something different happens you will be prepared....
edit on 29-5-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411
you know part of me wants to say you are on the edge... but you know what ..... i believe we are in a weakened state and all above mentioned is fact..... and very sad...

there is no reason that a person should not be prepared for anything... the fact is if you are ready for all hell to break loose ... when something different happens you will be prepared....
edit on 29-5-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

TRUE TRUE.

I just wish that whatever is going to happen will happen...I do not wish for war or harm to others, but something has to give...and god only knows what or when that will be.
edit on 29-5-2011 by saltdog because: added to post

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I am nowhere prepared as I should be, especially with 4 little ones, but I pray being "awake" and knowledge, we wont go down without a fight. (my family is we) idk. What you say is sad but true.

I think I havent prepped as much as I should, is because of what others think. But im ready to say screw em. I can see what may come, and I owe my children a chance at survival. And if nothing happens, great! Wonderful! Id rather be prepared for nothing, than not prepared for something. I just dont know what to prepare for, lol.

Interesting times indeed.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
I am nowhere prepared as I should be, especially with 4 little ones, but I pray being "awake" and knowledge, we wont go down without a fight. (my family is we) idk. What you say is sad but true.

I think I havent prepped as much as I should, is because of what others think. But im ready to say screw em. I can see what may come, and I owe my children a chance at survival. And if nothing happens, great! Wonderful! Id rather be prepared for nothing, than not prepared for something. I just dont know what to prepare for, lol.

Interesting times indeed.

I suggest you read one second after ...or lights out...both are in pdf file for free on the net...they can be a big help in your thinking...and for your prepping...IMHO

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Technically hasn't WW3 already occurred? Wasn't the whole, or nearly the whole, world involved in the Afgahnastan/Iraq conflict after 9/11? That would make it by definition a world war.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xxgehenna

This point has been made hundreds of times, you know what is meant by WW3, act like it. I could easily argue that we've been through seven world wars. This forum is for discussion of the next one or the possibility of another.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
No actually I thought world war three, meant world war three. Not world war four, or even world war 3.1 the directors cut. Just good 'ol world war three.

That said, I doubt an emp strike would render the United States helpless. Most likely it would ruin the lives of countless civilians for an undetermined amount of time. I'm sure that most military systems, of so much importance that they need be running to sustain military force, would be protected against such attacks. Nuclear weapons is a much more likely scenario considering the probability that a rogue terrorist factions are closer than ever at obtaining them. Chaos for the civilians, business as usual for the troops.

I do think that the US is on a very slippery road right now though. With unemployment at a high, gang violence at a high, more conflicts arising with other countries, drug addiction back on the rise, terrorism. I think that if we don't go out in nuclear war, financial bankruptcy is my next choice.

IMO

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah, there are several different things that could happen and it would be an immediate effect on us. If its nukes we are probably done for....if its a economic fall, we would slowly, painfully go down the tube, I say this because we don't know what will happen...we might have a plan, but our plan has to involve getting out or hiding or being there already...then you have to be ready for what others might do, to get or see what you have...there are so many things leading up to it, that happen, that determine what you do next or where you go to.....

As of right now we are all just guessing...did we guess right? Do you have enough stored for you and yours?
You have things to trade?
Do you have it all in 1 spot?.... Is it safe there?
Who knows that you prep?.... Who thinks your crazy for it?
Who will you trade with? Will you share with your neighbor if they are starving in front of you?
How will you hide the fact that your prepared when everyone else is out of the supplies that they need? If your healthy and well fed but everyone else is starving around you how do you hide the fact that your perfectly fine and they are just going to have to do without?....since you don't have enough for everyone to survive?(what I mean is if you have food for 4 for a year...and there are 50 people in your neighborhood...you have about 3 weeks of food for everyone to be eating normal...then what?)
These are all questions you need to ask yourself.....there will be a lot of tough choices made by you, for your survival.

This is just food for thought...I hope this might help some of you that haven't thought about any of this yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a friend of mine has told me several times..the days are comeing when you wont be able to get a glass of water..and the roving gangs will kill you for your last can of vienna sausage..our country in total chaous would count as ww3..to usremember..most of america is three missed paychecks from homeless

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
WW3 is very unlikely to happen ever again. Sure terrorists could set off some bombs and destroy a couple cities but that would hardly wipe us out.

Any world war will have to have China as a major player and at the moment they are content as they are steadily rising in economy and power so they have no need. They may possibly take some action for oil but that would be a push into Siberia and not against America but that would destroy their economy so they are likely to find other ways to obtain it.

Russia does not have the infrastructure to invade anyone for a sustained amount of time so they are out. I just don't see any scenario that would lead to a world war.

Extended conflicts maybe but nothing resembling a world war.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Some of us are living the American dream though in the here and now. I'm not afraid...are you? For a real survivalist has no fear. Not gonna worry about tomorrow cuz today has enough fears of it's own.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by saltdog

Some of us are living the American dream though in the here and now. I'm not afraid...are you? For a real survivalist has no fear. Not gonna worry about tomorrow cuz today has enough fears of it's own.

No I am not afraid...forums are for discussions and some info if your needing some help with something....I feel that I am good...I have a good job, make great money, and have most everything I want..infact I am getting ready to go on my second vacation this year....
You need to live for today, but also don't be so blind that you cannot see whats coming tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Text PinkI think that WW3 might be a possibility but obviously for stigma reasons they would never call it that it would give the free-thinkers too much gratification. nor would they label it the hundred years war because well we ain't got that much money.....well we don't have any money for that matter. so at some point in time a solar flare will hit earth lol, and short out all world leaders that have a pace maker and MAYBE finally we might be able to accomplish something. I believe if we stop this damn childish fighting over who gets what we might actually be able to achieve that supposide goal of world peace. but right now its like too guys fighting over a hott chick. its gross.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Um, technically it was USSR that collapsed, not Russia. And it was just 20 years ago. India, Pakistan and China all had nukes decades prior to that.

new topics

top topics

join