It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly registered member - have a read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Greetings to everyone. I've been a lurker here for a couple months, and after a bit more reading on some subjects, I thought it was worthwhile for me to register. Many folks here seem to be of similar views, and I think I would benefit by being a member here. With any luck, I can be of benefit TO the forums as well in time.

Ever since I can remember, I have been a curious person. Never satisfied with the info supplied TO me, I sought out other info about topics to give me a bigger, more complete picture of the world. That's how I got into looking very hard into the areas of ancient aliens, UFOs, government cover-up, etc. My curiosity was piqued even more once I saw my first UFO as a pre-teen. It was a life-changing experience. Unfortunately, the change was not for the good. Ever since that event, odd "stuff" has happened to me for the rest of my life.

Specifically, I have been completely unable to form or maintain relationships with people. Always a nagging feeling that I should NOT get tied down or put down roots...like I need to be mobile for some reason. Also, I've been accused on more than one time of being "psychic", but I don't put much stock in it. I do have an uncanny knack for being able to detect when a particular decision will have far-reaching consequences versus very small ones. I can also read body language, eye contact and voice changes much better than others...probably why people think I'm psychic...and all I do is take advantage of the 80% of communication that is NOT vocal. I've dealt with Anxiety Disorder ever since my encounter as a child, had unexplained nose bleeds, sleep paralysis, bizarre dreams, and a feeling of being "observed" at odd times. More than once I have dismissed all these things as a sign I am "nutty as squirrel pooh", but then again...maybe there is something to all of it.

When I'm not reading books, watching documentaries or reading stuff on-line about all of this alternative info, I'm doing other things. I build replica lightsaber hilts with electronics and illumination. I'm a huge Stevie Ray Vaughn fan. I'm trying to learn to play guitar (which is impossible what with the shakes from the Anxiety Disorder). I'm a pretty good cook. I'm also exploring religion - right now I am reading a lot of the Gnostic Gospels and kind of assimilating it and pondering it. Take it all together, and I have a lot of interests. They have to be something that makes me think, or I have no use for them. I'm a thinker.

That's about it in terms of a reasonable introduction of me to the rest of you. Hopefully I have established my "cred" and the rest of the interesting stuff (or the juicy details of some things) can come out later as I get to know folks here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Feydakin

Hi Feydakin, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nice introduction, welcome. I've been here for more than a few sunsets now and I can tell from your post that you should turn out to be a valuable contributer.

The only rule, besides the T's and C's, that I try to go by everyday is not to pay attention to or feed the trolls.

Have fun

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Just want to give you a big welcome! See you on the board

I like cooking as well, there is a cooking board somewhere here, found my biscuit recpe there! Lol, you probably know that though

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome from the couple folks that replied, and thanks to everyone else who's read my intro thread. It's always a coin-toss when you join a new web forum whether or not you'll really like being a part of a new community. The few places on-line that I'm active - I have to keep my opinions and views on this "alternative" info to myself. It'll be nice to postulate and discuss some of these topics with others and not feel like you'll be stoned, burned at the stake or any other method of nastiness for having unpopular views compared to most other folks.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Since you seem to be very investigative and interested in the supernormal I would like to give you some revolutionizing information to ponder about.

Please read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below and you will have something truly mindboggling to investigate for the rest of your days on this earth. And all of your supernormal(rather inborn) abilities will be explained to you in modern scientific terms. This book reveals the secrets of all secrets in my humble opinion.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

top topics

join