Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Visits of friends.. current and deceased.

page: 1

join

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I posted in another thread about seeing my childhood/growing up friend Cap visiting me from beyond and offering me words of encouragement. Cap died from alcohol poisoning after drinking 60 beers in one sitting. he drove home somehow but died in his sleep, resurrection was impossible. Cap wasn't perfect, and loved his beer. But anyways, he visits me from time to time when the going gets tough. I also have visits from my friend Jobby, who ISN'T dead. And I haven't seen/talked to him in years, but I know he's still alive VIA facebook. Is it possible for someone who isn't dead to be visiting? He told me all about how his mom lost her leg last year, low and behold I go on facebook and I CONFIRMED his mom did indeed lose her leg. Is he doing some sort of meditation, or sending me signals VIA high energy mind thinkings? Maybe he misses me an is concentrating thoughts and brain learning abilities to stay in touch with this sorta of telepathicopolly way?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Of the friends that have passed before me, all of them have visited me afterward (in my dreams); usually it is several years later and the first thing I do is confront them about their death.

I am a Lucid Dreamer; of those times I was visited I immediately recognized the fact that my friends are deceased, so of course I blurt out immediately, "do you know you are dead?" LOL The response is always the same, "of course I do".

I have gotten to laugh and joke and ask as many questions but it seems they really want to hear what I am doing and not the other way around. It is like they avoid anything beyond my own scope.

Perhaps they represent that part of my psyche that I have derived from my friendship with them as they were alive. Their favorite jokes, their charismatic expressions. I seem to mimic them in real life because I adored them in real life; I am a bit of a mirror to others in that I reflect those that I meet. Often when I am around a person long enough I am very much like them without realizing it. I see it as a gift but I wouldn't be surprised at how "text book" psycho that might be.

I even had a cat visit me; my own cat that I purposely had put to sleep because he attacked me and went completely mad. This visit was also a Lucid state and wouldn't you know it, the darn thing went after me and bit the living you-know-what out of me; I never threw myself off a bed so fast! It felt more real than when he first bit me 10 years prior (it took him 10 years to find me).

The message from the cat was one of forgiveness; I am certain of it, at first I did not recognize him because the years that passed. He was even acting nice and friendly which was not his style. I asked him, "where did you come from kitty?" and that is when he bit me and I flew off the bed only to discover there really wasn't a cat and I went Lucid and thought I was awake. Then it hit me, the bite, and the fact he had half a tail, the coloration was identical, it was my cat! His name was Merlin!

Well, that is my deceased side of it; as for the living friends, what the OP describes happens to me with close-by friends when they are thinking of something I sort of blurt it out and it always gets people scratching their heads. I don't know why but when a thought pops into my head that is not an intentional thought I blurt it out loud as if to figure out why the thought is there. Seems to happen with food as the subject most often; someone will think "ice cream" and I immediately blurt out "ice cream"! It is like being hit with a craving but it is coming from someone else because they always laugh and ask how I knew that was on their mind!

I could be the Psychic Chef! LOL

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
2 friends died on me, and both of them came to me in dreams. The first was this lady I worked with on a factory assembly line, before I went into the service. She was very silly. One day she left the line to go to the bathroom. She didn' return. Come lunchbreak, I was the first one into the ladies room, and there she was dead on the floor, from a brain... anurism (anyurism?) I grieved and one night, she appeared to me and said don't worry, she is fine.
The next one this fellow Veteran, I became friends with in the VA hospital during my inpatient stay. He died, and appeared to me saying not to be upset, he is just fine.
So both dreams were very similar.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theknuckler
Is it possible for someone who isn't dead to be visiting?

I don't know much about this at all, and personally have never experienced it, so I can't say one way or the other if I actually believe it. Anyways, this statement reminded of something I read on here awhile back.

This is slightly different, because what you are saying, is that he seems like he is aware. The other incident that I am reminded of, was not actually an interaction with the other person, but was seeing them walking down a hall. and turning to go into a room (in an office building). Then walking down that same hall, looking into the room, and that person was not there. Continuing further down the hall, only to find this person working away at his desk. Based on the details from the person describing this, there was no possible way that he could have done that.

Some of the replies, mentioning possibilities, were leaning toward some sort of astral projection. Possibly one where this other person did not even realize it, or possibly some sort of alternate reality/alternate universe, where there was some sort of error causing a slight mix-up that created a window to view into the other dimension.

Like I said, I have no idea, and I would not say that I believe that it is possible. However, I do find the theories around this to be interesting. Some people say that in an alternate universe or reality, things are opposite. If that is the case, then most likely, his mom would not have lost a leg in both, but maybe many details are quiote similar, and not opposites at all. Just offering a concept.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey OP,

I have been visited by those close to me that have died, so can tell you I believe that can happen.

As regards the living visiting apparently this can happen when they are in crisis or nearing the end of their lives.

While I have not felt or seen this myself, I have had a very strange experience recently at a visit to a recommended medium.

During my reading, my Gramphs came through with the energy of my Nan (other side of the family) who was reaching the end of her life and starting to regret some of her prior actions (which are very difficult to forgive). An explanation for why she could have acted in the unforgivable way she did was offered, something which I was able to confirm with my Auntie. All in all, the revelations can not change what she has done or bring us back together but it has managed to give me closure and understanding regarding events that have deeply troubled me, thus giving me peace and finally being able to let it go.

I hadn't really considered this possibility until this event, however, I suppose it could also be an extension of being close to people and sharing bonds with them? I often get a really bad anxiety feeling when something bad is about to happen to someone close to me (makes me feel like a headless chicken that is running round in circles). I had it with my Gramphs when he was reaching the end and also more recently with my cousin last october, when he was involved in a fatal car crash and was close to death himself. I could not sleep in the early hours of the morning (when it happened) and felt like I wanted to ring him.

Very intriguing subject, will be interested to keep seeing peoples' views on this subject.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theknuckler

top topics

join