It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Pyramids Discovered From Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Possible Pyramids Discovered From Space

www.wbur.org

What Parcak's team actually found was 17 structures that had a similar size, shape and orientation to other pyramids in the area. Initial excavations indicate that at least two of the structures are most likely pyramids, but Parcak warns, "we're not going to be able to say with a 100-percent certainty that they are pyramids until they're excavated."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Looks very interesting. Click on the second image on the article to zoom in and get a better look at those structures.

As the resolution on those space based camera mounted on satellites improves, we see a much clearer different perspective on our planet; moving another step forward in Ariel Imagery.

If these do turn out to be other Pyramids in Egypt, my question would be "Why didn't these structures survive like the others?".

I wonder if they existed before the famous well known Pyramids were built, suggesting that they were based on these now destroyed pyramids.

They may unlock more secrets than we think... That is if the Governing Authorities allow us to know of-course.

www.wbur.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is excellent news for egypt enthusiasts.

There is going to be a bbc documentary aired detailing the discoveries soon.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This could lead to many interesting discoveries, didn't someone on ATS mention an underground labyrinth connected with the pyramids. Imaging if they were all somehow connect.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dominikas
This could lead to many interesting discoveries, didn't someone on ATS mention an underground labyrinth connected with the pyramids. Imaging if they were all somehow connect.

If they were somehow connected, this would indeed be truly amazing.
It would be a tunnel about 100 miles long. (From Giza to Tanis)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

It's on at 8:30pm tonight!!!

1 and half hours.... should be good!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuzitzu

Thanks for the thread.

I thought that there were some pyramids that were...shall we say...less than stellar in performance already known?

I always figured these were "newer" than the "perfect" pyramids. Neophyte attempts to build something without the correct "tools" maybe?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
For all you UK based ATS'ers, here's the documentary on BBC iPlayer.

www.bbc.co.uk...

When I first discovered the news on this, I didn't expect the level of significance that is portrayed in the documentary!

And they have those two from Bang Goes the Theory in it, I liked that program

Enjoy! Amazing stuff

top topics

join