It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Secret Ways We Are Being Poisoned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Source

he objectivism of the scientific method seems to have been hijacked by corporations who often pay for scientists to support their products, as well as politicians who move through the revolving door between the private and public sector. Even worse is that sometimes the consumer protection agencies themselves are complicit.

The trust placed by consumers in scientific studies and Federal oversight committees has been violated in service to profit so that products are allowed to enter the marketplace with reduced safety standards. The synthetic chemicals we encounter on a daily basis in our food, water, and environment are increasingly shown to be disastrous to our physical and mental well-being. Volumes can be written - indeed have been written - by experts in both mainstream and alternative medicine who have documented the sleight of hand used to hoodwink consumers and threaten our health. The categories below are worth deeper investigation as prime examples of what we might face as a species if this chemical bombardment continues.

1. GMO foods - Monsanto started as a chemical company that brought the world poisons like Agent Orange and Roundup. Now they are more well known for their domination of Genetically Modified agriculture, owning nearly 90% of staple GMO crops such as corn, soy, and cotton.

2. Food additives - When most of us think of harmful food additives we think of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) which is still in many processed foods, but unfortunately MSG appears to be the least of the poisons now found in our food.

3. Fluoride - Not all fluoride is bad; only the type promoted by dentistry and added to our water and food supply. Calcium fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral, while its synthetic counterpart, sodium fluoride (silicofluoride), is an industrial-grade hazardous waste material made during the production of fertilizer.

4. Mercury - A dangerous heavy metal in its natural quicksilver form, but more so as the neurotoxin, methylmercury, released into the environment by human activity. In both organic and inorganic form, mercury wreaks havoc with the nervous system - especially the developing nervous system of a fetus.

5. Aspartame - The king of artificial sweeteners was allowed to the market in 1981 when the U.S. Commissioner of Food and Drugs, Arthur Hull Hayes, overruled FDA panel suggestions, as well as consumer concerns. Aspartame is a neurotoxin that interacts with natural organisms, as well as synthetic medications, producing a wide range of proven disorders and syndromes.

6. Personal care and cleaning products - Everyday household items and cosmetic products are applied directly to the skin, absorbed through the scalp, and inhaled. The Story of Cosmetics uses an animated video to tell a haunting tale of industrial violations and complicit "public safety" groups . . . and still only tells half of that story.

7. Airborne pollutants - In a NASA article titled "Airborne Pollutants Know No Borders" they stated that, "Any substance introduced into the atmosphere has the potential to circle the Earth." The jet stream indeed connects all of us.

The original articles goes into more depth as I only posted a few lines from each way.

I would not necessarily call these "secret" as anyone on this site knows better, but I guess they are secret to the rest of the people that have yet to see what is really going on.

I had to share this as it is an interesting article and share some information. The link has links to other links
which go into more depth.

I think the most important one is the airborne pollutants, that affects everyone. And the fact they were doing nuclear bomb tests in our atmosphere angers me beyond words. And the wonder why we don't trust our government, why would you? If you anything about history and how expendable they think our lives are, no one would trust them.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't really call those "secrets".

All one can do is avoid the pollutants, chemicals, drugs, whatever, as much
as possible and try to live clean.

Not really much else you can do, is there ?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In order to not use the bad fluoride, would anybody recommend using baking soda? Does it even work well?

I am also considering wearing one of those Dr face masks for when I go outside to avoid as much chemicals/allergens out there. Of course i'll look like an idiot but oh well.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
In order to not use the bad fluoride, would anybody recommend using baking soda? Does it even work well?

I am also considering wearing one of those Dr face masks for when I go outside to avoid as much chemicals/allergens out there. Of course i'll look like an idiot but oh well.

I use fluoride free Illuminati tooth paste.

Dr. Kens. brand, even has an awesome Pyramid symbol !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c78310eab982.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower

As Version100 said there are plenty of alternatives to fluoride. I like Toms toothpaste, again fluoride free. But, if you have kids they're the priority, make sure you are not giving them fluoride. There are plenty of toothpastes that contain no fluoride and are kid friendly, live clean comes to mind as does Toms.

Also, watch in shampoos, conditioners and lotions for DEA or TEA, as they harm children's brains. I use for myself and my children live clean products, the are majority plant based and biodegradable, as well as DEA/TEA free.

Pred...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

I wouldn't really call those "secrets".

All one can do is avoid the pollutants, chemicals, drugs, whatever, as much
as possible and try to live clean.

Not really much else you can do, is there ?

There's a ton you can do. Why sit back and take it when there are plenty of ways to fight it? Companies love money, if everyone started spending their money on organic, biodegradable and plant based products, that would help. If everyone stopped by GMO foods they would stop making them. The only problem is we have to manny ignorant people out there that pay no attention to these things.

As information spreads, people will become more aware, that's when our power will come back. And believe me, it will come. I tell anyone I can, even if they think I'm crazy because they will eventually hear it from someone else and then it will start to stick. Implant the seed, and it will eventually grow.
But, also keep in mind that some people are just dumb, and some population control can be a good thing.

Pred...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't in any way disagree that there are a ton of things out there that are bad for us. But, I am not sure that all of them are conspiracy in nature.

I am fortunate to live in an area that is flouride free. I do think the flouride is very suspicious turn of events especially if you research when/where/and the manner of first implementation.

But as to the others, is becomes a question of profit for a lot of them. I think GMO foods are dangerous. Not only in the possible quality of the food itself, but in terms of loss of biodiversity and natural resistance to food pests and diseases. Get down to one or two kinds of corn and we become vulnerable to food loss if a problem comes around that can hit that corn. I rather suspect though, that as against it as I am, the GMO people are out for a combination of profit and "feed the world" through bigger, better, faster growing crops. Short sighted and arrogant to second guess nature that way, but I am not sure it is really a conspiracy or a purposeful attempt to harm us.

Same for the cosmetics. Either they think this stuff wont hurt, or they suspect but it is about money. I don't think they are trying to depopulate...

Atomic testing, well, at the time the first tests started it was a matter or expediance for the U.S. And has been the same for every nation that has conducted tests since.

All in all it seems to be more about living for today rather than looking at the future. We are a near sighted species it seems. Back in the day the Thames was so gross that it was thick. Today, the Ganges isn't all that much better than that. But, in terms of rivers, developed societies slowly learned to take better care.

So many people who want no government regulation or interference forget that the government is supposed to be a force to be reckoned with in terms of not allowing rivers to be polluted, or disease causing agents to be put in our food or cosmetics.

This is a good thread, but I think the conversation needs to go deeper. So many of us on these threads are spot on when it comes to identifying problems, but where are our solutions. Understand I am not judging you for a lack of solutions. How could I? I don't have any either.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

What about McDonald's ketchup? Apparently they are secretly sterilizing the male population using McD's ketchup. I read it somewhere here on ATS....brb with a link

Lithium to be added to our drinking water (for better mental health)
Lithium

After a few minutes looking for that ATS thread (and I think it had something to do with a Lada Gaga music video "telephone") I couldn't find it but I did find this one:

We also need to consider fast food joints poisoning us like McDonalds. For instance did you know there is a chemical used to make Silly Putty that is in the McNuggets at McD's???

Silly Putty McNuggets

The list can go on and on about fast food restaurants, and I am sure there are conspiracy threads about this all over the place on how they are poisoning our society and world.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added text

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am not being poisoned by most of that stuff, not any longer.
It takes a bit of reading to keep up with all of the ways big corp. poisons us.
Brush with baking soda. You can get aluminum free baking soda, but I haven't purchased any as of yet. But, after you get used to baking soda, toothpaste loses its appeal. I still have a full tube of Fluoride free toothpaste.
Chlorine is not mentioned here, but chlorine should be removed from your water supply, as should fluoride if it has been added.
Absolutely buy NO canned and GMO corn. Buy locally grown, or grow it yourself. You will find that it is difficult to get a perfect ear of corn without chemicals, but knowing that it is not laden with pesticides inside out makes it a truly PERFECT ear, even if you have to cut off the wormy part.
No snacks, chips. Give them up. Ditto soft drinks, gatorade, etc. Look at the ingredients.
Nuts, fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables, and natural meats only. Find some well water with minerals, not dead water for two dollars a pop.
And, you will be all right.

top topics

join