It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memorial Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First I want everyone who reads this to at least post a response of thank you to those who put themselves between ourselves and harms way...

As I told a friend while I was in it made me happy to hear the idiotic liberals argue with the thieving conservatives...

What?

This country is able to let this happen because those before us put it on the line.....

so lets get some basics out of the way here instead of old sea stories..

Memorial day

Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. Service Members who died while in the military service.[1] First enacted by formerly enslaved African-Americans [2] to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War – it was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars.

Memorial Day often marks the start of the summer vacation season, and Labor Day its end.

Begun as a ritual of remembrance and reconciliation after the Civil War, by the early 20th century, Memorial Day was an occasion for more general expressions of memory, as ordinary people visited the graves of their deceased relatives, whether they had served in the military or not. It also became a long weekend increasingly devoted to shopping, family get-togethers, fireworks, trips to the beach, and national media events such as the Indianapolis 500 auto race, held since 1911 on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend.[3]

for those here like me...

It is a party where we remember those geniuses who signed a second time on the dotted line, agree to defend a group of mostly ungrateful world....

I could go into many examples, but the idiotic backwoods Americans prevented the two most deadly and experienced militaries in the world from winning... at the same time....

I salute you all...

(especially the career officers in the field...
)

I today would like to remember a few specific warriors....

Rape in the US military

a thread of mine.... This is for the female marines (yes and the others) left behind.... I remember your sacrifices so I can complain about the idiots running this place...

Ignorant Americans...

another thread... I remember you... your the country boys plucked from the backwoods to execute the final forms of political arguments... then you are forgotten... Well not today I remember

War at home

another thread... the forgotten get tossed aside because they are broke and never fixed... I remember you

Ultimate scuttlebutt

also those on duty this weekend, I know you still may not get paid this next go around....

I listed these because it is part of the issue of memorial day....

It does feel like to all the VETS that they dont care... well let me let you in on a little secret... They never have...

The general conspiracy is this....

Whiskey Rebellion

The Whiskey Rebellion, less commonly known as the Whiskey Insurrection, was a resistance movement in what was the western part of the United States in the 1790s, during the presidency of George Washington. The conflict was rooted in western dissatisfaction with various policies of the eastern-based national government. The name of the uprising comes from a 1791 excise tax on whiskey that was a central grievance of the westerners. The tax was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to centralize and fund the national debt.

The whiskey excise was unpopular among small farmers on the western frontier, where protesters used violence and intimidation to prevent government officials from collecting the tax. Resistance came to a climax in July 1794, when a U.S. marshal arrived in western Pennsylvania to serve writs to distillers who had not paid the excise. The alarm was raised, and more than 500 armed Pennsylvanians attacked the fortified home of tax inspector General John Neville. The Washington administration responded by sending peace commissioners to western Pennsylvania to negotiate with the rebels, while at the same time raising a militia force to suppress the violence. The insurrection collapsed before the arrival of the army; about 20 men were arrested, but all were later acquitted or pardoned.

The Whiskey Rebellion demonstrated that the new national government had the willingness and ability to suppress violent resistance to its laws. The whiskey excise remained difficult to collect, however. The events contributed to the formation of political parties in the United States, a process already underway. The whiskey tax was repealed after Thomas Jefferson's Republican Party, which opposed Hamilton's Federalist Party, came to power in 1800.

it established that the government was not bound to the ideas that it was founded on....

and

Bonus Marchers / Army

The Bonus Army was the popular name of an assemblage of some 43,000 marchers—17,000 World War I veterans, their families, and affiliated groups—who gathered in Washington, D.C., in the spring and summer of 1932 to demand immediate cash-payment redemption of their service certificates. Its organizers called it the Bonus Expeditionary Force to echo the name of World War I's American Expeditionary Force, while the media called it the Bonus March. It was led by Walter W. Waters, a former Army sergeant.

Many of the war veterans had been out of work since the beginning of the Great Depression. The World War Adjusted Compensation Act of 1924 had awarded them bonuses in the form of certificates they could not redeem until 1945. Each service certificate, issued to a qualified veteran soldier, bore a face value equal to the soldier's promised payment plus compound interest. The principal demand of the Bonus Army was the immediate cash payment of their certificates.

Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler, one of the most popular military figures of the time, visited their camp to back the effort and encourage them. On July 28, U.S. Attorney General William D. Mitchell ordered the veterans removed from all government property. Washington police met with resistance, shots were fired and two veterans were wounded and later died. President Herbert Hoover then ordered the army to clear the veterans' campsite. Army Chief of Staff General Douglas MacArthur commanded the infantry and cavalry supported by six tanks. The Bonus Army marchers with their wives and children were driven out, and their shelters and belongings burned.

A second, smaller Bonus March in 1933 at the start of the Roosevelt Administration was defused with promises instead of military action.

In 1936, a Democratic-led Congress overrode President Franklin D. Roosevelt's veto to pay the veterans their bonus years early.

thats right... it is standing protocol ...

you dont believe me...

you want more recent....

ok...

how about pelosi accusing the CIA of lying to her...

or how about

the cia undercover agent exposed by Richard Arm

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
They dont die in battle they are murdered by our leaders. sent into a war without a cause

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Im not from your side of the border but i will hang my head for a moment for all those who did die for someone elses greed. may the good lord have mercy on their souls.... and lets up our two nations wake the ^&*$ up before more blood is tossed for no good reason.

i wish you all a wonderfull holiday, and one that you will member for a long time
Peace.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
New war widows

Spring Lake, North Carolina (CNN) -- Taryn Davis says she felt lost and isolated after burying her husband, a 22-year-old Army corporal killed in Iraq four years ago.

While she struggled with her grief, it seemed that those around her found it easier to move on with their lives. Other military wives avoided her as though she represented their deepest fears. Family and friends insisted that her youth should provide solace.

"After the funeral, I felt ostracized," Davis said. "Everybody liked to write off my grief due to my young age. They liked to say: 'Well, at least you're young. You'll get remarried.' "

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was just about to make my own thread on this, but I guess this is as good a place as any.

When you go out today for parades, BBQ's, parties with friends and loved ones, or to protest the government, please remember that there is a reason that you are free to do so.

SOME GAVE ALL.

I may not always agree with my government, but I will NEVER turn my back on those who have served this great nation since it was founded 235 years ago. Their sacrifice has given us the freedoms we have today, and we should be humbled by it.

Freedom is never free; it is purchased with blood. I stand and salute all of those Airmen, Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines whose sacrifices have made me, and my children, free.

God bless you all.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I found out recently that you can create a similar thread... as long as it is in another forum.... I keep forgetting that...

go ahead and make it... then post a link here Ill go to it...

the vets who served this country deserve at least 2 threads

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by OldCorp

I found out recently that you can create a similar thread... as long as it is in another forum.... I keep forgetting that...

go ahead and make it... then post a link here Ill go to it...

the vets who served this country deserve at least 2 threads

I agree. Thank you. General Chit Chat, here I come.

Semper Fi.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Your Aqua-mariner transportation service at your disposal...

A funny that most vets will get...

The US military will not rebel if they dont pay them...

At least till they get to the store and cant buy their libations... (combination with the 30 cc's of 80 proof numbing solution)

Also if it didnt make it earlier, remember to thank a vet today...

Most like mine are working today.... so when you go in to pay for your gas, or the door greeter, ect say a thank you... it dont mean much to you but is priceless to us...

Ah memorial day... I am going to see if I can find your thread and then I will come back here and post some more tie in with general conspiracy...

You see it is odd that promises are made to vets over compensation for services and sacrifices yet they are rarely kept... I cant help wonder if these various conspiracies are a results of a set of number that exist in the human brain/ DNA or if they are part of a grander conspiracy... sound off...

I stuck just to american history....

Non sibi sed patriae

Paratus Et Potens

Semper Fortis

Ex Scientia Tridens

and of course they navy's army...
semper fidelis

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Old Corps thread

what might make you interested in it is that someone has already downed the veterans and I believe it was the first response....

Happy veterans day

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm not an American, Canadian but mine is a military family. This song is for those that have fallen. That is international. Watch it and I dare to not to tear up:

Remember our fallen. They did it for us all.
edit on 30-5-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To all those who went before and for all those who are to follow.
Semper fidelis

edit on 30-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

A drink to our northern neighbors...

At least the only ones who have ever thrown us out of their country by force...

To our brothers the Canadians...

Ah family aint it great... Yall always where mamas (Britain) favorite... A

lol

your right it is a beautiful song It almost got me... almost...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

great job slayer69

Interesting montage set to background music......

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The VA's claim dodge

The VA's Claim Dodge
Beyond the awful conditions at Walter Reed hospital, something smells fishy in the government's handling of veterans' claims. One appalling case study suggests what might be happening and why.
by Deb Derrick

The two signature injuries of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars are traumatic brain injury and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). An estimated 26,000 U.S. veterans from these wars have had their brains traumatized from nearby explosions. Another 45,000 have initiated post traumatic stress disorder claims at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

These claims concern real disabilities that are medically hard to prove. In each VA case, it is up to the military and the Department of Veterans' Affairs to decide if and how much any given soldier's mental faculties have been impaired. These are also precisely the kinds of claims that the U.S. government has actively thwarted in the past -- and recent news and health articles suggest that a repeat performance is underway. The Defense Department is being accused of under-funding studies of traumatic brain injuries. The VA and Defense Departments are refusing to make their brain injury data public. Current PTSD claimants are finding their medical and service records missing, lost, or subject to challenge. A class action lawsuit was recently initiated on behalf of PTSD claimants.

and

Pentagon uses false test

Pentagon uses False Study to Deny Healthcare to Vets with Head Trauma

By abourque on December 21st, 2010

Via NPR and ProPublica

During the past few decades, scientists have become increasingly persuaded that people who suffer brain injuries benefit from what is called cognitive rehabilitation therapy — a lengthy, painstaking process in which patients relearn basic life tasks such as counting, cooking or remembering directions to get home.

Many neurologists, several major insurance companies and even some medical facilities run by the Pentagon agree that the therapy can help people whose functioning has been diminished by blows to the head.

But despite pressure from Congress and the recommendations of military and civilian experts, the Pentagon’s health plan for troops and many veterans refuses to cover the treatment — a decision that could affect the tens of thousands of service members who have suffered brain damage while fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

its all about the Benjamens...

All I have to say is this... If I decide to rig 2012, and It works.. they better just stand by... it wont be pretty..

A lot of front line combat positions WILL open up and extra beds at gitmo WILL be found...

( i can see the front pages now FROM FOUR STARS TO ONE STRIPE)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
please also gripe here....

Gates put military pay cuts on the table...

not my thread but a great happy m-day yall...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Old Corps thread

what might make you interested in it is that someone has already downed the veterans and I believe it was the first response....

Happy veterans day

Yeah, people like that make me sick. Another thing that breaks my heart is that between our two threads, we have less than 20 replies. Seems most people - at least here on ATS - just don't give a snip that our warriors gave their lives to preserve our freedom.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Old Corps thread

Happy veterans day

Yeah, people like that make me sick. Another thing that breaks my heart is that between our two threads, we have less than 20 replies. Seems most people - at least here on ATS - just don't give a snip that our warriors gave their lives to preserve our freedom.

I honor anyone who went into military believing they were fighting for their countries freedom.

Unfortunately they were fighting for someones monetary gain,hiding under the guise of freedom.

I feel sad that the public gets lied to,and even sadder that many lost their lives,because of manipulating greed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is very approiate..This was at my Basic Training Graduation, this chokes me up EVERYTIME I hear this

top topics

join