It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lockheed martin lays off quarter of top executives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
www.post1.net...

A quarter of lockheed martin top executives to be laid off and 10,000 employees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: link did not work, maybe this one will.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The number of employees layed off is rather large. I hope that this will not hurt the economy since alot of peoples are on unemployment now. This is a rather large lay off and what will become of the military contracts. Will this hurt our defense? Questions and answers of effects and what will happen in the future. All inquiries welcome.

www.psot1.net...
edit on 29-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What happened to the link?
It says story is not available on both your links..

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I do not understand why google news will not let this news go here, or maybe i did something wrong. Anyways, it is on google news under lockheed martin lays off quarter of top executives.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
maybe this site will work. says the same story. www.post1.net...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's okay. They can outsource the jobs to China

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Did you look at the date of the news article you posted?

September 20, 2010. Old news!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The links i changed and they work. Now i wonder will this be the beginning of several lay offs or are we just outsourced. I wonder what will be the implications.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I checked here on a.t.s and there was no mention of this. only in the news.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
apparently this wasn't newsworthy in 2010. WHY?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I checked here on a.t.s and there was no mention of this. only in the news.
Did you notice this in the breaking news posting form?

"Breaking News: This form is for the submission of breaking news articles that are no older than 36 hours."

Clearly this thread doesn't meet forum guidelines so please contact a moderator and ask them to move this thread to the appropriate forum. **Edit: I see a mod already moved the post while I was typing my reply. **

I'm not sure this news is really alternative either, so even if you had posted within 36 hours, it doesn't belong in breaking alternative news, unless there's a conspiracy angle.

The reason it probably didn't get a lot of attention, is that unemployment is already so high, as a result of so many reports like this one, so it probably didn't seem all that unusual to anyone. I think Lockheed had about 140,000 workers, so laying off 10,000 isn't a huge percentage.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: Thread was moved while I was typing

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well, i find it a huge conspiracy considering that sept. 2010 is the news article date, but yet this news was not mentioned on t.v till about 2 months ago. Also, i checked a.t.s logs and found no such entries of. So, just because the date is off or the news was never mentioned for some reason, then i consider this breaking news. Also, ln the news lockheed martin computers supposedly got hacked. Still not new news. I think not. If something never got mentioned how can it be old news,If it never got put out in the first place, on the date of the article sept. 20 2010. why was no news reported on this date in the news on t.v or a.t.s?

hence, breaking news.
edit on 29-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The date of the article is Sept 2010. Old news.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah, old news that did not get reported until about 2 months ago on t.v. The question is WHY?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
lockheed martin eagan, mn will be completely closed in 2013, mostly in comunications. Who knows, maybe by then the whole buisness will be closed.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Why have they reported this on t.v very late? What was going on at the time sept. 20th 2010? Cutting projects, executives, employees and not mentioning this until 2 months ago, why? If someone catches this info now, then why is this old news? Now that we are making cuts in the military, what cuts are NEXT. The cuts back then and news not mentioned right away will effect you later in some way shape or form. Now, with that said, why is this not new.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
www.post1.net...

A quarter of lockheed martin top executives to be laid off and 10,000 employees.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 29-5-2011 by cloaked4u because: link did not work, maybe this one will.

Rather strange source. I guess it is a blog. What came up for me had no header saying squat about who it was the grand master of it.

What I did find interesting is that the person seems to have been a former employee of Lockheed and not exactly happy with them for having been canned. Then down the column, he actually gives a few sentences on "black triangles" and trashes themseemingly saying that such a craft is absurd.

So my final analysis for his blog is that it is another form of disinformation trying to say, yes, advanced aircraft projects are being cancelled, but forget the triangles as the cause. They are merely pipe dreams.

Here on ATS, many of us know better about the actual operational existence of triangles having personally witnessed such craft. Then he feels the need to single them out to specifically discount those craft by disregarding that they have "exotic fuels." That is indicative of a extra little denial that they do exist. It also is a vastly misleading understatement of how the triangles appear to operate within all of their unconventional capabilities. "Exotic fuels?" Think nuclear....

In short, that blog is part disinformation and a heading off of observations that Lockheed doesn't need all of those conventional plane-builders and bosses anymore. If you think I'm reading too much into his words, then, my friend, you have not seen as I have a triangle moving low, slow and silently and/or studied the Belgium triangle chase and case of 1989..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
"Exotic fuels?" Think nuclear....
I think not, or at least I hope not.
Nuclear powered aircraft were researched, but all the extra weight for shielding that's no problem on a naval ship turned out to be a problem on an aircraft which needs to be lightweight.

But the bigger problem is, aircraft have a tendency to crash. If they kill a few people on the ground when they crash, we don't like it, but we put up with it. We can't put up with a crashed nuclear reactor though, that's too big of a mess.

It would be nice to know what Lockheed martin has regarding state of the art tech, but the only people that know for sure, can't talk about it. If history repeats itself, in about 50 years we'll know what they have today, but then we won't know what's current in 50 years! Public knowledge will always lag state of the art military tech by a few decades, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What does this have to do with "Global Financial Meltdown"? Nothing! This should've been posted in either "Breaking General News" or "Breaking Alternative News".

This is because with Ther Iraqi Theatre ending fully within a year and the Afghani Theatre coming to a close means the Governmental taps are drying up is all this is.

new topics

top topics

join