It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro didn't fare to well in Joplin!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
People have the "legal" right to freedom of speech I agree but they do not have the right to say anything they want to whomever they want without consequences. If You think any different then walk up to a LEO and tell him to go *snip* himself or walk into an inner city ghetto and start slinging racial slurs around with impunity and see how that works out for You. There WILL be consequences!

I had a fellow come to my grandmother's Home on the day my little brother was killed yelling and screaming looking for his girlfriend who was my cousin. I politely told him that she was not there and asked if he could show some respect because everyone was there grieving my brothers death earlier that very day, Well he kept on running his mouth and after about the 4th time of me asking him to leave or show some respect he let out a I don't give a *snip* *snip* Your dead brother etc.. needless to say someone left in an ambulance and it wasn't me. The LEO that arrived on scene wouldn't even arrest arrest me (although I did end up with a summons to appear in court by mail)

Although I support Westboro Baptist Church's right to freedom of speech I also support Everyone else's right to grieve in peace without being harassed by jerks.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by The Sword

I have said repeatedly that I do not want to see a clamp down on their rights. I do not want the government deciding anything. I am just a fan of natural consequences, and I want to see some people give this group some country justice!

Personally, I don't think the police should show up at all, but if someone does get arrested for accosting or assaulting this group, then I think it was probably still worth it.

To clarify, I absolutely do not want to see their rights infringed by the federal govt. However, I would enjoy seeing them infringed by bikers, truckers, and grieving families!

Get,

Fortunately vigilantiaism cannot and must not be our deciding course as that would go totally against everything this nation stands for. This group of douchewads knows no boundaries as there is not a group they will not attack. They've threatened soldiers, military families, 9/11 victims, the LBGTI crowd, Muslims, Non Baptists, AIDS/HIV victims! Eventually a group is just going to get sick and tired of constantly being told that "Thank God your kid or family member is dead" that someone will get violent as it is just a matter of time. Thank God that for now no incursions or hostiale actions have taken place by now but at what point does one say "Enough is Enough and this group has to go!". I would not be against someone throwing a molotov cocktail through the window while they are in session and when that happens you, me and a clearcut majority of everyone here knows full well that there ain't no jury of 12 men and women that will convict them because they will see it as being justified. They will threaten and verbally assault anyone when they know they have law enforcement right there but won't dare say that yap without a cop present.

The evidence points to this group as being the textbook definition of a hate group hiding behind a cloak of religion. What surprises me is that it hasn't happened yet but make no mistake though it will.
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Still, I don't see the justification for violence against others.

If anything, as someone suggest, the WBC sounds more like a psyops front group with their actions.

Granted they deserve the same rights we all do but at what point do you say enough? When does this group get labled as a "Terorist Group" and gets put down for being just that, the committing of psychological and mental terrorism which last time I chequed violated the Matthew Shepard Act and Federal Hate and Biased Crimes statue? Terrorism doesn't always have to be an act of violence but is simply nothing more then harrassing someone with the intent to cause either physical or psychological harm to the target and terrorism is not exclusively defined as blowing up a building and killing all inside.
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
As Ive said before.. incindiary speech and verbal assault is NOT covered under freedom of speech.

Ill contribute to the defense of any person who stood up to these jerks if they get arrested.. and Im not joking

I am 100% in favor of letting the WBC do as they please within the confines of the law.

They are 100% entitled to protest and spread their message where ever they so choose...

They are also 100% responsible for the consequences they reap as a result of their actions. I'm 100% for letting them suffer those consequences, whatever they may be.

Sometimes vigilante justice is a good thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Another Missouri town, and another win against Westboro Baptist Church!! I brag a lot about where I grew up, and it has problems of its own, but at least they know about respect, and at least they know how to stick together.

This is a Fox News Report w/ Megyn Kelly about another Missouri Town totally blocking WBC and forcing them to leave after only 15 minutes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join