It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro didn't fare to well in Joplin!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I live about 45 minutes north of Joplin. I was present on Sunday to help out. I had heard that WBC would be organizing a protest, which really sickens me. Regardless, I had been hearing many rumors about what has occured in Joplin regarding the WBC. Such as the tear gas, assualts, and being stuck at a gas station. So I emailed the WBC, from their websites contact link, just to see if I would get a reply.

Reply-

Kaleob -
We arrived in Joplin at 12:30 noon, did our job and left.
Everybody is fine and thanks for asking.
Tear gas was used by the officers on the lawless brutes because they were
beating on Joplin police officers who were there to protect WBC's
constitutional rights.
All the rest of the "rumors" you mention are not accurate.

-
Just thought I would share that information, take it as you please.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I haven't figured out just yet why WBC is still in existence and their cult compound hasn't been firebombed yet. It almost seems as if a God is really watching out for them. They are nothing but a scourge of humanity. I would celebrate their demise. In my opinion, they don't deserve any rights other than to stop breathing.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I haven't figured out just yet why WBC is still in existence and their cult compound hasn't been firebombed yet.

Let me clue you in...

WBC sole reason for existence is to dmonize the Christian faith, to mock God, to humiliate Christians, to cause people to question their faith, to drive people away from God, to generate hate, to make people turn away from God and to violence, hatred and ultimately to Satan himself.

They're doing a fantastic job.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Getready, Didn't know if you had heard this yet, but early on in this thread you mentioned some restraunts refused to serve WBC in Joplin. Well, I've read in several "social networking" sites that Joplin Applebee's employee's refused WBC also. Corporate Applebee's fired the whole staff at Joplin for this. Applebee's was closed for a short while, but now is reopened.

If this is true, then people in Joplin need to boycott Applebee's!! I will try to get more information on this and post back in the thread. Congratulations to that crew if they did what they thought was right, even if it did cost them their job!

ETA:
Called Applebee's, talked to the Hostess and she hadn't heard anything about this rumor. She transferred me to the manager, he said it absolutely did not happen. He also said he read a similar rumor about Olive Garden, so he called Olive Garden and it didn't happen there either.

Good news I guess. Not as exciting, but no need for a boycott, LOL!!

edit on 30-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

I haven't figured out just yet why ...... their cult compound hasn't been firebombed yet.

Because there are children involved?? Innocents, at first.....whose minds have been warped. They may still have hope, of repair to the psychological damage.

I would dearly love to see the authorities press hard for "Unfit Parent" status applied to those adults, for child endangerment and mental abuse....

Will toss in the revoking of ALL church "tax-exempt" status, as well. Sorry, but do do it only to them, won't fly...has to be across the board.....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Once again, while I despise this church, and would love to see them get a good beating every week, I hate to see government intrusion. I do not want to see the children removed because of their parent's beliefs. If they can do it to Westboro, then they can do it to any of us.

As a bonafide Conspiracy Theorist, we have to realize that the main purpose they are serving is to create a clear need for more regulations, more government control, more oppression that people are clamoring to support. I don't know if it is intentional or not, but we cannot fall prey to the idea that making statutes to control their protests, or making laws to limit their speech, or using social services to question their parenting skills, all of those things affect more than Westboro. They affect us all!!

We cannot allow the government to use WBC as a reason to take more control and take away more of our rights.

Kick their arses, throw rocks at them, flatten their tires, but DO NOT SUPPORT legislation against their rights!!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

By that token, then if a Satanic cult were involving their innocent children, subjecting them to that sort of abuse, the proper response is to ignore, and allow it to continue?

I think we are talking, here, about the cases when the children are put into harm's way, at the on-site protests...by their inclusion and presence.

That behavior should be considered a danger to their well-being. It is slippery, but can be examined outside the *rights* of religion.....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

When you say this;

Just to let you know at my church here

Which means you belong to a Christian church, and then you say;

They are such heathens Im glad the bikers and cops got rid of them.

You might as well write IGNORANT on your forehead. Do you even understand your own faith? Ever read the new testament?

Also,
at people getting pissed off at the WBC. The mere fact that you pay attention to them says SO MUCH about you. And it's not good. I'm just wondering, if I have to put up with so many deluded people claiming this and that religion, maybe you folk should be able to put up with a bunch of christian nutters...after all, they believe in a fake dude sitting on clouds like you do!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't think their beliefs are good for the children either, but if we decide it is dangerous for the children to be at the protests, then we have to also say it is dangerous for the children to be on the other side of the fence at a LGBT parade, or at a Tea Party event or at an organized march on the capital.

If there is real physical abuse, then it is crossing the line, but I don't see how we can do it based on their beliefs and their legal rights to demonstrate and protest.

On another note. You have raised a point that has made me rethink my support of the violence against this group. I would hate to see an innocent child harmed because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Many times violence winds up hurting the wrong people or unintended parties. I hope anyone taking action against this group uses extreme caution and restraint.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Amazing how everyone, both left and right, supports censorship of those they dislike,

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't support vigilantism.

I don't support silencing people who are not breaking the law.

If they protested where they weren't supposed to, if they made a threat, if they did anything they weren't supposed to...I would support the police arresting them.

I would rather not have a group of bikers deciding what I can and can not do....no thanks.

IMO...all the bikers that physically assaulted the protestors should be arrested.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

[
WBC sole reason for existence is to dmonize the Christian faith, to mock God, to humiliate Christians, to cause people to question their faith, to drive people away from God, to generate hate, to make people turn away from God and to violence, hatred and ultimately to Satan himself.

:

Could be true, but as long as it's just signs and marching, we have to allow it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
When a person, I don't care who it is, can't say what they want to, not matter what the subject, as long as it does NOT hurt another persons person, (not their feeling because they think their behavior is correct for them), then the United States is no Longer the United States. I've seen for a long time now that the United States is losing it's freedoms faster and faster, day by day. What makes one man that thinks its alright to be a homosexual any different than one man that thinks it's not? There is NO difference. To me, when one of these men thinks it's alright to use assault to get his point across something must be kind of wrong with his point if this is the only way to make another human being see his point. I like to throw back fish when I catch them, so, is it alright for someone else to bust me in my head because he doesn't want these fish thrown back? All this war $hit and fighting has got to stop are we will NEVER get to being a great nation that we could become.Notice I didn't say "Get Back To Being". since we have always been at war with someone ever since we have been a nation.Everyone, has opinions about everything. Some say killing children is good, some say burning a person to death using a tire around their neck filled with gasoline is good. Some think sex with a 15 min. old child that has just come from her or his mother's womb is just great fun. So, you see, to have a great Nation your going to have to have real laws and real people that can't be bought off for a Nation to work. As this Nation is now, it cannot survive. Human excrement runs it from top to bottom. It's my opinion that this earth is going to have to go through a almost total destruction and begin again with people that have love and compassion for "ALL" people..Let's just hope that the ones that do survive this cataclysm that I feel that is soon to come are these type of people..Lets hope that those good for nothing all sell-outs that will be in those sold and paid for with our money underground bunkers, that these bunkers will collapse on them and bring them a swift death, even though they don't deserve a quick death.....We aren't like them. lets hope all the good human beings of earth come through as best they can and we start once again to build a Nation with freedom to ALL peoples, of every creed, color and use to be Nation......

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Their sole purpose is to intentionally hurt people that are already hurting.

From what I've seen of this family their sole intentions appear to be to send the message that the god of the bibles (ie yawheh/jesus) is punishing peoples for their transgressions.

Let's be honest about this, bible thumpers day in day out scream at us about "the lord will be judging" one way or another but they hold back when it comes to natural events or the politically incorrect but accurate observation that Yahwhe /jesus (according to the bibles) really does hate what fags do.

As anatheist I feel obliged to tip my hat to the Westboro sheeple even though I find them truly disgusting and retarded, when they say they follow the bible they appear to do just that and not cherry pick like the rest of the xtians that condemn them.

People of the USA neeed to grow up a bit and learn to think. If thier invisble man in the sky created all that there is, then this would logically include the impetus for all action be that good or bad, and. after all the bibles clearly stat that the god yahwhe/jesus is/was the author of evil.

At the end of the day people should accpet that the Phelps family have every right to say what they wish and they certainly haver the right to reapeat what the bibles say just like any other christian group or indivdual.

Ther is one thing about the Phelps family that really puzzles me though, - where the hell do they get their money from ? they appear to have a pretty good lifestyle ,anyone out there know ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by telephonemonkey

The problem is that they are not "protesting" anything? Are they protesting tornadoes? Their sole purpose is to intentionally hurt people that are already hurting. My brother has been there digging through rubble since the first night, and today he says the stench of rotting flesh is almost unbearable.

If someone intentionally provokes and insults you with no purpose other than to be intentionally hurtful, then they deserve violent retribution.

I know of people that had to pick up 8 year old boys impaled by flying debris. You do not "protest" a natural disaster. If they want to protest political policies, they can take their signs to Jefferson City, or Washington, DC. If they go to the site of massive carnage that was not a result of any political cause or fault, and they want to intentionally provoke the already emotional state of the victims there, then I believe a violent backlash is to be expected, and is easily defendable in court, if it even gets that far.

Sure, protest politics all they want, but don't pretend to protest a tornado. The tornadoes are not listening!

You are right. Free speech is one thing, but this is inciting a riot. What the heck are they protesting. What rights of theirs are they picketing for. I just don't understand. It is vile for the sake of vile. What is it they are trying to accomplish. I am grateful for anyone with the nerve to stand up to this. Any if they hate gays then at least place you hatred towards us...leave people alone. Do the people of Joplin not have the right to live a peaceful life and not be tortured by these goons. Or anyone else for that matter.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

yeah i dont think as many people would have complained if the feds went all waco on these guys.....its been said alot in this thread you have the freedom to say what you want but i dont see a passage in the Constitution that dosent say the average joe cant sock you in the face for what ever nonsense your spouting..just that the government cant

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sorry, couldn't get past the first page without having vomit in my throat. Anyone that defends Westboro over other Americans, the bikers for instance that also have their Constitutional rights, appalls me. I'll tell you a thing about bikers, affiliated or not. They are people just like you and me. They work construction, mechanics, etc. They have families. Values, etc. They are also not to be screwed with. They see a wrong they will be out front. One should thank them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

You see it!

Now, count the amount of people that see it and compare them to the amount that don´t. Scary huh?

There's "Christians" in this thread supporting people getting beat up. Like, America, can you get more backwards and stupid?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
GO JOPLIN GO!

This is exactly how morons and douchebag lowlives like this Anti Christian group should get every single place they go.

Everyone may have the right to free speech but when it borderlines on character assassinations and hurling insults in an already devestated town they deserve everything they get.

It is for douchewad groups like this is why free speech cannot and must not apply to all as no one has the right to wish ill will or death upon another as at what point do we say enough is enough?

They are mongerers of hate and want everyone to die, when will this hate group be labeled as a legitmate terrorist organization?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I still can't find any decent news stories about what happened, but here is another one about what they were doing the day before the protest. Apparently they were on the memorial page for the two Joplin High School Teens that were killed, and they were saying the two teens would rot in hell, and they were taunting anyone that loved them!! Surely they don't believe these two teens are responsible for all of homosexuality in the country, so surely it wasn't a true protest, but rather it was just a way to provoke and irritate people.

Here is an excerpt from the story:

Westboro Church members launch cyberattack on Joplin Tornado Memorial YouTube sites
The Westboro Baptist Church's attack against the city of Joplin and the survivors of the May 22 tornado began in earnest today with a cyber assault on YouTube memorials to Joplin High School graduate Will Norton and JHS student Lantz Hare, both of whom were killed during the tornado.

In the comments, some of which have been removed from the site, the church members, going by the name of their website "God Hates Fags," wrote hurtful things about the two Joplin teens. As they have done at the funerals of American soldiers, the fringe congregation taunted those who loved Will and Lantz by insisting that both of them would "rot in hell." It appears to be an effort to provoke some kind of violent reaction today that would enable the group to launch yet another lawsuit.

Source

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join