It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits to dumping chemtrails for weather modification. What do they look like??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No. I can't provide an image of a Chinese cloud seeding operation.

Then how are you comparing contrails to chemical dumps for weather modification, if you don't have any photos at all of the latter?

It's pretty hard to provide an image from the ground of any cloud seeding operation because they are usually done inside or very close to the bottoms of clouds.

"Usually," huh? So what kind of personal experience have you had with weather modification programs?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Personally? None. But I've read quite a lot about the science behind it. Maybe you should do the same. Then you might have realized that that yellow plane was not cloud seeding in China.

edit on 5/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

i posted 1 picture of cloud seeding from an article on ...cloud seeding...

the other picture i posted was from nasa... go back to the link and poke around nasa lets you search for pictures of contrails...its common and i dont get how you dont understand. how have i ignored the question?

do you want me to find a picture of a chemtrail and put it up next to a picture of a contrail? i cant because one is make believe

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You apparently think chemtrails look different than contrails don't you? Well post some images and let's decide how much different they really are!

Uh, not by a long shot. There are no pictures of known "chemtrails", because there have been no confirmed 'chemtrails". He doesn't think they look different than contrails, because they do not exist.
Cloud seeding is something very small scale, over both area and effect. It's not considered to be geo-engineering for that reason. It doesn't change the climate, it just makes the water in an existing cloud heavy enough to fall. How? It provides nucleating particles, which the water is attracted to. This make cloud droplets. These droplets are always in motion, and because water is cohesive, will combine with contact with each other. Enough of these water droplets combine, the water becomes a drop heavy enough to fall, and voila! It rains.

That some people consider cloud-seeding to be "chemtrails" means some people are wrong. Usually it is pulled out as a red herring when nothing about "chemtrails" can be produced more than the usual videos, pictures, bad science, and anecdote.
Using anything as a red herring on an internet forum is trollish.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Personally? None. But I've read quite a lot about the science behind it. Maybe you should do the same. Then you might have realized that that yellow plane was not cloud seeding in China.

Why is it so hard for you to directly respond to what the OP is actually asking?

For 4 pages already I've been asking to see verified photos of dumping chemicals for weather modification (verified fact) compared to contrails. People post low-altitude photos of formations all the time and are instantly told garbage like "ohh it's atmospheric conditions." How in the hell would someone be able to tell just by looking?

You are obviously not making an actual comparison because you even admit you don't have the photos of verified chemical dumping!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

my point exactly

thank you

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i posted 1 picture of cloud seeding from an article on ...cloud seeding...

the other picture i posted was from nasa... go back to the link and poke around nasa lets you search for pictures of contrails...its common and i dont get how you dont understand. how have i ignored the question?

You ignored the question because I specifically asked you how you would be able to tell the difference when your photos don't conveniently have articles associated with them where some authority is telling you what they are.

Apparently that went over your head.

do you want me to find a picture of a chemtrail and put it up next to a picture of a contrail? i cant because one is make believe

That is exactly what I want, except I want you to keep the crap semantic arguments to yourself because I am talking about something that is verified fact: dumping chemicals to modify weather patterns. This is not "make believe." Stop trolling.

link   
i think this whole thread is a red herring

link   

edit on 29-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: double post

link   

You didn't see the video? That's what cloud seeding looks like. Small planes leaving a barely visible trail. There is no "chemical dump" in the sense of massive amounts of material being released. That isn't how it works.

Try reading about it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

how do cloud-seeding sprays look different than contrails

Clouds that have been seeded, which is the correct way of stating what you did, are cumulus clouds that are hoped to be turned into cumulonimbus clouds.
Contrails are cirrus clouds produced by the combustion of jet fuel through a jet engine into a very cold, saturated, high altitude environment. Cirrus clouds will not be seeded because they are much less dense and much higher up.

That you need that explained shows you need to get and read a weather guide. Cumulus clouds do not look like cirrus and vice versa.

Do you really need pictures? I can get all three easily. I know what a cloud guide is.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

there is no semantic argument your not getting that i cant produce a picture of a chemtrail because nobody has ever taken one.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This thread is really quite interesting.

www.youtube.com...

i personally think it is poetic, in its way.

Anyway, what would the trails left behind planes who are cloud seeding be called?
edit on 29-5-2011 by sinohptik because: didnt want embed

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

THIS post is remarkably reminiscent of similar sorts of tactics seen, in other Forums where you participate on ATS....

Gotten very, very good at approaching that line, but not quite crossing over it??

Although, the "red-herring" comment, above, WAS spot on....maybe a lapse of that *perfect* form, in posting style is showing through?

AS TO the question that was *posed* in this post, being replied to:

The answers are IN this (and many, many other) thread(s). Seeing as how you dismissively hand-waved the YouTube videos, methinks that is further evidence of the tactics being employed here...and, they are certainly NOT a desire to seek understanding or knowledge......

edit on Sun 29 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i have a friend that is a chemtrail nut i have been through his 10's of thousands of pictures of normal everyday contrails...still haven't seen a chemtrail.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Both my post of a video and phage's showed the same setup on airplanes, in different parts of the world. Accept that you are wrong, cloud seeding involves no massive 'chemical dumping'.

If it did, there would be some sort of evidence, no? (Also, it wouldn't look like a contrail, if they were dumping chemicals, see
) Have a read here, it might clear things up for you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

You apparently think chemtrails look different than contrails don't you? Well post some images and let's decide how much different they really are!

Uh, not by a long shot. There are no pictures of known "chemtrails", because there have been no confirmed 'chemtrails".

Once again you are trying to make this into a semantic argument.

They dump chemicals.... for weather modification.

Now don't get hung up in whether or not this applies to the word "chemtrails" because that is not the stupidity of a semantic argument I am going for here.

I want to see photos of verified chemical dumps. Your claims of "they don't exist" are obviously wrong because the OP features an article about the Chinese government admitting to dumping chemicals in the air.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You didn't see the video? That's what cloud seeding looks like. Small planes leaving a barely visible trail. There is no "chemical dump" in the sense of massive amounts of material being released. That isn't how it works.

Try reading about it.

Phage, if anything, you are the master of gullibility. You are asking me to go read about something that you yourself have only learned about from public sources, despite the implications of this entire subject being conspiratorial. I have to wonder why you are even a member of a conspiracy theory website when you are incapable of even entertaining a simple idea that falls outside of what your authorities spoon-feed you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

i have a friend that is a chemtrail nut i have been through his 10's of thousands of pictures of normal everyday contrails...still haven't seen a chemtrail.

That's because you can't even tell the difference between a contrail and a chemtrail. You've already made that obvious enough.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

there is no semantic argument your not getting that i cant produce a picture of a chemtrail because nobody has ever taken one.

If you don't like the term "chemtrail" then please, PLEASE substitute it with the phrase "chemical dumping for weather modification" and try to continue the discussion.

You still can't tell the difference between this and a contrail, yet you want to act like you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join