It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Book Exposed: Secret Source Revealed with Interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I was referring to the claims of human crew-members in general.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe....the people got together and/or have been programmed over the years to jointly tell this story. I think perhaps the author has been fooled...she is being used as a disinformation person....or.....lets say this is true....well then..now we know...but to me it does not discount the many UFO's that have been seen and are real...(I am talking about UFO's from other planets...not man made ones)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Good Day K,

reply to post by Kandinsky

Happy holiday to all!

To add to your thesis, excluding the ETH, and ignoring the "freak-mutant-Mengele" War of The Worlds speculation; the logistics of the entire business are unimaginable. Flying, in essence an advanced test aircraft (with "hover" capability) thousands of miles "by remote control" no less, in the aftermath of WWII would be a feat unto itself.

Moreover, both the US and its former ally rushed to acquire Nazi scientists (Paperclip), tech and etc., and "delivering" any of it to our soon to be be cold-war enemy is nonsensical on its face.

Let us also not forget that beginning with Arnold (although there were earlier sightings) there were numerous sightings of "multiple craft" e.g., Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, etc. Are we to believe that these were a "fleet of Horten craft" flying over the continental US?

Finally, if one ignores the "logistics" and assumes there was some shred in truth to the "freak-mutant-Mengele" War of The Worlds scenario (ad nauseam); wouldn't logic dictate to either land or crash the vehicle in a major city (first in its path, i.e., on the coast) for the best "effect" (an not fly around the country for weeks).

For those that make the argument that Jacobsen is a dullard and she simply was duped (with intent or otherwise), I say she is "crazy like a fox," as all the controversy is a continuous "ka-ching . . . ka-ching" at the cash register!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Maybe....the people got together and/or have been programmed over the years to jointly tell this story. I think perhaps the author has been fooled...she is being used as a disinformation person....or.....lets say this is true....well then..now we know...but to me it does not discount the many UFO's that have been seen and are real...(I am talking about UFO's from other planets...not man made ones)

Excellent comment.
I also agree to your suggestion that all this was jointly programmed, i.e., the revelation of both counter disinformation over intended disinformation, by several parties involved in this.
The timing of National Geographic special and the publication of Annie Jacobsen's book.....is quite interesting. Annie Jacobsen was a consulting producer of the National Geographic special.
Annie Jacobsen, I believe, intentionally created a brilliant strategy for her book....which was separately done from the National Geographic special.
I do not think she had been fooled. She was not used as a disinformation person. This was well calculated in advance.
This was all intended. Her book is rapidly becoming a best-seller....and the only reason for her book to go up the charts was because she allowed many reviewers to take up the controversy (i.e., the last few pages of her otherwise, boring, straightforward book on Area 51, which would never have sold). And most reviewers fell for this trap and succeeded in sensationalizing her book.
Annie Jacobsen's 'anonymous' interviewee fell for the trap by agreeing to thrown in a ludicrous disinformation (which he was well aware of, as well as Annie Jacobsen - as disinformation) for her book.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why is this thread in the Alien/UFO forum?
Other than the BS she spun in the last bit of the book, it is almost exclusively about Area 51.
And there is a forum dedicated to that on here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I find this preposterous, firstly what kind of technology did Stalin have that could send a flying disc half way across the world in 1952? If Russia possessed such amazing technology they would never have lost the cold war, in fact there would not have been one. So please explain how they were so advanced they could do this (I dont believe it for a moment).
Why send it to some remote godforsaken location in the hopes of inducing ‘panic’ if no one would see it apart from a few farmers? If black propaganda was the hope they would surely send it to WA DC or the middle of NY city..THAT might work. It doesn’t sound like this craft was merely a balloon or why would they have taken so much effort to have it collected and researched?

The story about the pilots being deformed people is laughable, so the Russians where again so advanced in Genetics in 1952 they could just create 2 mutants and throw them in some advanced craft which they would then just sacrifice and send over to the U.S?? This whole story just doesn’t hold together. Either the info that was told to this source was bogus, or he himself is spreading dis-information. But there’s not much logic goin on I’ll tell you that.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Annie Jacobsen used an anonymous source, a common method when dealing with "whistleblowers". Many writers use the same tool and unfortunately many UFO authors. The problem is when you are dealing with unbelievable material and you introduce unverifiable witnesses, your story can not be checked by readers, and that opens up possible charges of fabrication.

Al Neuharth said:
"It's so simple. Most anonymous sources often tell more than they know. Reporters who are allowed to use such sources sometimes write more than they hear. Editors too often let them get away with it. Result: Fiction gets mixed with fact."

Evil of Journalsim Anonymous sources (Full editorial)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join