It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings warn of alien invasion, states Stephen Hawking who fears SETI’s search

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just been going though my usual news channels,when i found this Interesting article
by Stephen Hawkings. He says that it is very likely that Higher Intelligent Life forms
do exist in the galaxy, and also very likely that would raid Earth for it's resources and
move on.

I think it is 50/50 whether Intelligent life would see Earth as a target for exploitation
or a Missionary opportunity.

Most likely though if they are anything like Humans then the former will be true.
It also means that Aliens are most likely not visiting Earth at the moment, and maybe we should be
grateful they are not.

STONEFIELD BEACH, Ore. – The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) is the collective name for a search for intelligent extraterrestrial life, but famed British scientist Stephen Hawking is warning that the SETI efforts to actively “contact possible intelligent life out there is way too risky and dangerous,” states the new book “First Contact” that also notes how Hawking is convinced “that other higher life forms do exist in the galaxies and would more likely raid Earth for its resources and move on.”

Full Article Here

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
He says that it is very likely that Higher Intelligent Life forms
do exist in the galaxy, and also very likely that would raid Earth for it's resources and
move on.

If I was an ET and know the history of earth, I would lose interest. So the resource part is kinda out of the question. If anything i'd put my bet on ET's raiding earth to put things right from what once went wrong.

Interesting article tho.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well to be completely honest...
Hes looking at it from the point of view as a human perspective,in a way on how we would do things.
Not how they would,funnily enough i just watched the amazing documentary of Ancient Aliens and judging by the constructions we have around the globe and tribal stories along with 'myths' looking about 90% chance that they would be friendly in a sense of helping humans in the right direction..
Besides,extraterrestrials are here all the time.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
the question is;
what do they see as a resource?
are we talking minerals? or work force? or food? or fuel?
we cannot fathom their resources.

just because Stephen Hawking is seen as some brilliant dude, doesnt mean he is always right. I disagree with a lot of his writings. He is just a punk after all.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i think the plausibility of other life out there is very real, after all this is an extremely huuggge universe and to think that we are the only life let alone intelligent life is simply simple minded.

if intelligent life is/were to visit earth i would believe that its entirely possible we would be used for whatever resources they need and then they move on, is that not what we would probably do? do we not look at when we see planets what resources they might have, could have?

also mayb there are grps of *aliens* that would sent a mercy mission here, not so much different to what we do for countries in need of help.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

True , he is just a man, but a man with a brilliant mind.
I value opinions from people like this, They're way way smarter than me
and thats great. Of course, though , it doesn't mean they are right.
It also follows that it doesn't mean they are wrong either.

I brought this story to you all as info, I have no great opinion on it either way.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I doubt extra-terrestrials who are capable of space travel and conquering a whole planet would be concerned with our "resources". The term resources is completely subjective to who needs it. We label things like minerals, gold, and water as "precious resources" only because they are valuable to us. And I'm sure they're not going to show up and start drilling for oil! The fact is the universe is abundant with the resources! If extra-terrestrials wanted anything from earth, it'd probably be us.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Again its looking from a human perspective,in a way of judging them through us,they could be completely different and use mainly there selfs in terms of thier mind to evolve not through technology,so it could indicate peace.
These race/s are here..its even more simple minded if we thought we were alone in this solar system.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

The evidence for ufo's being Alien craft is anything but proven.
We have no smoking gun as far as i know.
If you have something firmer than your opinion then can we see it on here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
reply to post by ronishia

Again its looking from a human perspective,in a way of judging them through us,they could be completely different and use mainly there selfs in terms of thier mind to evolve not through technology,so it could indicate peace.
These race/s are here..its even more simple minded if we thought we were alone in this solar system.

of course that could be true, i was merely speculating of course. intellect life could merely be nothing more than a thought, as in they could project themselves , but hey who knows right. unless one plonks itself right in front of me and tells me all its secrets its all just guess work

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Just been going though my usual news channels,when i found this Interesting article
by Stephen Hawkings. He says that it is very likely that Higher Intelligent Life forms
move on.

I think it is 50/50 whether Intelligent life would see Earth as a target for exploitation
or a Missionary opportunity.

Most likely though if they are anything like Humans then the former will be true.
It also means that Aliens are most likely not visiting Earth at the moment, and maybe we should be
grateful they are not.

If an alien race has the capability of travelling across space and shipping the resources it finds back home why pick on an inhabited planet? I mean isn't it easier to pick on an uninhabited planet or asteroid that consists of the particular minerals they desire. In fact moons and asteroids are a far better bet!!!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Personally I'd have thought that any species capable of inter-stellar travel would have long ago had to overcome the desire for exploitation and primitive conquest in order to create a stable and unified enough society for them to commit enough resources, education and development to make such an endeavour realistic in the first place. Peoples who invade and kill other peoples for their resources are probably not peoples evolved enough to overcome the huge obstacles of manned inter-stellar travel. Probably why WE can't do it.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

That might depend on how you define "resources".
We might be the Food they need, or the workers they need.
No one knows what they might want.

In an Infinite universe there will be a infinite number of possibilities that could define resources.
At a very far stretch, perhaps they can only eat/drink hemoglobin.

Just sayin

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think there are thousands of Earth-like planets with no life on it, so why should they choose Earth for resources which resources run out?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
With the millions upon billions of planets that are probably out there I'm sure there is more than enough resources to not have to bother with us...if anything we are the resources.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZaphBot
I think there are thousands of Earth-like planets with no life on it, so why should they choose Earth for resources which resources run out?

Earth is the only one in this area though. What if this alien race doesn't have a planet and lives in space on their ship(s). The only new resources they get are what they find in their travels. Earth is a good target because we have liquid water and plants. Not to mention fresh meat if needed.

It depends on how fast they can travel. Earth may just be a pit stop. I always though that maybe the case with all the UFO sightings over water areas. Maybe they just stop in the get some water and move on.

This is assuming there realy is anything headed this way. I think finding a probe would be far more likely before a ship ever came here. Then again maybe the probes already been here.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Any bets on Steve being the "scientific" puppet of the you-know-whos?

Really - like we haven't known this already for a few (hundred?) centuries.

A dash of fear mongering going on?
Going for another upward tilt in the resources stocks?

Gonna go and buy somemore gold and silver?

C'mon people. Stephen is as contrived and scripted as they come.
I don't believe he may have started out that way, but this latest piece of "news" from him is pure drivel.
IMO of course.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hawking is without a doubt the most over rated person in the history of physics, even now his theories are begining to unravel and almost no one takes him seriously anymore.
He's just a very weird little dude, nothing more.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

what if resources means DNA or something along those lines. what if WE are the resource?
hawking actually did a documentary about this. it covers a few things that i wouldnt have even thought of like covering our sun with mirrors to harness the infinate power and beam it to where they need it. we would be screwed without the sun? i think the actual message he was trying to put out was that if they were similar to us but millenia more advanced, they may have run out of resources and be cruising around looking, devouring and colonising. not like they pick us on a radar lightyears away and made a beeline for us. it may not be earths resources but somthing that is crucial to human life... like the sun. i dont really know if i even believe aliens exist but mathematicly its hard to believe they dont. really if you research and actually listen to what he says its not just crazy dribble. just think... in our galaxy alone, there is as many planets/stars as grains of sand on earth. then that many more galaxys in the universe. thats infinate. there has to be millions of life sustaining planets, different life of different kinds... some beautiful like whales and dolphins and some evil and hostile like the american government. so???

if i can upload this short vid you can get the gist of what hes on about. i believe if they are out there... anything is possible
dsc.discovery.com... ear-the-aliens.html

ok so i thought id rewatch them since its a rainy day here is steven hawkings into the universe ALIENS enjoy

www.disclose.tv... iens_1_5/
www.disclose.tv... iens_2_5/
www.disclose.tv... iens_3_5/

my credits low but heres 3 parts of 5. theyre about 10 mins each

edit on 29-5-2011 by antinwochick because: edit to add

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join